Any changes you would like to see?

Got a question, a problem or an idea for improving the site? Post it in here!

Re: Any changes you would like to see?

Postby Jesse Smith » April 17th, 2015, 10:05 am

You should be able to edit posts during the first 30 minutes after posting them. Placing the mouse cursor to the right of the post title right above the post makes the the options show up.
Jesse Smith
Site Admin

Postby Jesse Smith » April 18th, 2015, 10:33 am

Vivisect wrote:My biggest concern is that the core group, the veterans, the people who have been in this site since the beginning, before people like myself and sabredog and others arrived... some of you guys need to calm down. Honestly, if it wasn't for sabredog and other members which I eventually got friendly with, I would have left. There's a plethora of other web forums available in which the same topics can be discussed. If every new member comes in here introducing themselves in this manner: "hey guys how r u im new here, hope 2 have fun"... well I'm sorry, but I don't agree with everyone bum rushing the guy about how he needs to learn how to spell. Did it ever occur to you that you at one point described yourself this way? Not everyone in this website is our age and some are just kids who want a community to be a part of simply because maybe they feel like an outcast in real life.

As you can tell, this may never happen!!! goten[insert random number here] is just 15 and we're all throwing him under da bus over and over!!!
Jesse Smith
Site Admin

Postby Jint » April 18th, 2015, 6:46 pm

Bring back the signature gif support or whatnot, unless I'm missing something..
Jint

Postby Yoshi[NX] » April 19th, 2015, 10:32 am

MetroidPrimeMan wrote:unless I'm missing it, a way to edit posts after they've been made would be nice. all I see right now is a delete function.

we need an edit function badly
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby MetroidPrimeMan » April 19th, 2015, 3:07 pm

Ditto. errr, I mean more than just a "in the first 30 minute" edit function.
MetroidPrimeMan

Postby Infyrin » April 19th, 2015, 4:31 pm

I, too, am starting to miss the Wacko University subforum. It's like a little cage to watch all the socially inept fling **** around at the walls and pretend they're a relevant part of interacting with the community.
Infyrin

Postby Yoshi[NX] » April 19th, 2015, 8:14 pm

goten77 wrote:you guys are dum you just gopta click the eit button to edit posts

You mean the one that goes away when your session does?
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby Vivisect » April 20th, 2015, 1:17 pm

Jesse Smith wrote:
Vivisect wrote:My biggest concern is that the core group, the veterans, the people who have been in this site since the beginning, before people like myself and sabredog and others arrived... some of you guys need to calm down. Honestly, if it wasn't for sabredog and other members which I eventually got friendly with, I would have left. There's a plethora of other web forums available in which the same topics can be discussed. If every new member comes in here introducing themselves in this manner: "hey guys how r u im new here, hope 2 have fun"... well I'm sorry, but I don't agree with everyone bum rushing the guy about how he needs to learn how to spell. Did it ever occur to you that you at one point described yourself this way? Not everyone in this website is our age and some are just kids who want a community to be a part of simply because maybe they feel like an outcast in real life.

As you can tell, this may never happen!!! goten[insert random number here] is just 15 and we're all throwing him under da bus over and over!!!

I think you're Goten. Just trying to rile people up to get some traffic in this site. I like the idea Jesse.
Vivisect

Postby Yoshi[NX] » April 20th, 2015, 3:28 pm

i think a hellban function should be implemented
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby The Phoenix » April 21st, 2015, 2:04 am

Make the avatar memory limit from 29kb to like... 1 Megabyte. It makes it easier for me and others to create something of 200x300 (on usually Photoshop) with 200-300kb not being such a huge problem.
Rasputin did WWII
The Phoenix

Postby Vryheid » April 21st, 2015, 4:12 am

I think a 1 MB limit is a little too much, we don't need some giant animated gifs for avatars. Something like 200 or 300 kB is probably fine. I do agree that what we have right now is too small, though.
Vryheid

Postby Sigma » April 21st, 2015, 4:37 am

I think about 500KB would do. The biggest screenshot captured with razer Cortex that I have is @ 441KB, the rest are around 300-400.
Sigma

Postby The Phoenix » April 21st, 2015, 4:58 am

:V

The size of the avatar itself is not really an issue. In fact it's perfect. I use paint.NET for creating 200x300 avatars though the problem is the jagged edges that it creates. I usually don't have that issue on Photoshop, however... The problem with Photoshop is that when my works (pictures and what not) get saved, the memory size is always 48kb or higher. And just to be a dick, Photoshop sometimes estimates that my picture will be just above the memory limit even on the lowest quality. Yeah, I'm one of those people. Luckily, the avatar I have on right now is fine as it is. However I reckon that the change is necessary to some degree. That said, it is not paramount. Though it makes me wonder if this limit has always been around for years. I think now is the time for a bit of a change, what do you say?
Rasputin did WWII
The Phoenix

Postby Vryheid » April 22nd, 2015, 12:49 pm

I'm game for some arcade leaderboards, plenty of mods for this kind of stuff exist already- https://jv-arcade.com/

Come on Jesse make it happen
Vryheid

Postby Jesse Smith » April 22nd, 2015, 12:55 pm

Vryheid wrote:https://jv-arcade.com/

Come on Jesse make it happen

I registered there like last month...account didn't even make it to being activated...more like deleted!!! *Just registered again!!*
Jesse Smith
Site Admin

Postby Infyrin » April 22nd, 2015, 1:23 pm

HOLD! Hold everything! Now, what good is a leaderboard when we have no games to play!

Come on, people, we should suggest games both new and returning favorites.

Returning Favorites:

Curveball
Aim & Fire
Pac-Man
Ms.Pac Man
Asteroids
Mini-Putt
Galaga
Donkey Kong

New Ones:

Kung Fu Remix
Skiball
Infyrin

Postby Vryheid » April 22nd, 2015, 3:16 pm

How about some games were we can't cheat just by using cheat engine and tab to hit buttons artificially

Something more in depth than the simple minigames we had, maybe something like vector tower defense if it all possible, would be really nice. With how much flash games have improved since the mid 2000s I don't think this is too much to ask
Vryheid

Previous

Return to Board Help & Suggestions