Last movie you watched

The place to talk about music, movies, television, sports, literature and anime.

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Yoshi[NX] » November 15th, 2015, 6:59 pm

spectre

in the first 45 minutes of the movie, they destroy a db10. good times
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby Dr. Killjoy » December 5th, 2015, 7:17 pm

I just recently watched Kingsmen: The Secret Service again. It is just wonderful. I loved every part of it. Before that I watched Inside Out. It wasn't bad but it was unbelievably sad and depressing for a kids movie. Before that I watched the new Poltergeist movie. Eh, not as scary as it should've been...
Dr. Killjoy

Postby Yoshi[NX] » December 7th, 2015, 8:47 pm

Looked at the martian. It was good.
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby Prince Shondronai » March 29th, 2016, 5:15 pm

Batman vs. Superman

Loved it, for the most part. It has its problems, and I can see why casual audiences might find it confusing and messy, but as a long-time reader of DC comics, I was most pleased.

SPOILERS below:

Allusions and full disclosure of other elements of a broader DC Universe abounded. The flash-forward that Batman is given by Metron(?) to warn him of an Injustice-style possible-future in which Superman rules the Earth with an iron fist was one of my favorite moments. Seeing the other heroes who will be a part of the Justice League in later films was pretty cool, too.

Wonder Woman stole the show. Everything from her attitude, to the demonstration of the full range of her powers, to the way the movie's soundtrack changes drastically when she launches herself headlong into battle was too perfect.

As for the bad...

Batman killed a ton of people, used guns a little too much (which is at all, really) and most of the flashbacks for his origin story were completely unnecessary at this point (if you're one of the 2-or-3 living beings on this planet that doesn't already know that Batman's parents were shot dead right in front of him as a young child, you're not going to pay money to see a movie where Batman gets top billing).

Jesse Eisenburg's portrayal of Lex Luthor was off, IMO. I much prefer the characterization of Luthor as a cold, calculating, amoral bastard who's always the smartest person in the room. Seeing Batman fooled in any way by the silly and awkward geek that Luthor was in this film didn't jive.

Doomsday should have had his own film, rather than being tacked on to the end of this one. He's too big of a deal to not have a setup like he's had in the past, where dozens of damn-powerful heroes throw themselves at him and are almost instantly stomped into the ground before Superman finally ends things by giving his life to bring the battle to a draw. The fight was really incredible though, at least.

Still, a very enjoyable movie for a DC geek like myself.
Prince Shondronai

Postby Infyrin » March 30th, 2016, 3:00 am

I actually went and watched one of the oldest movies I own on VHS. It was a silent film called Metropolis, released in 1927. It was fairly good.
Infyrin

Postby iveseenthelight » April 15th, 2016, 3:05 pm

i wtahced that pron that ur mom wasin last night
iveseenthelight

Postby Yoshi[NX] » April 23rd, 2016, 8:20 pm

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby Sapphire Rose » May 2nd, 2016, 10:05 pm

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I don't care that it wasn't the greatest movie, I'm just a sucker for super heroes.
Sapphire Rose

Postby premieritzone » July 5th, 2016, 12:35 am

Batman Vs Superman Was Amazing
premieritzone

Postby SharrySteve1 » July 29th, 2016, 5:21 am

Mad Max Fury completely grabbed my attention and it was obviously the last movie I have seen in months. What's the best in recent releases?
SharrySteve1

Postby Yoshi[NX] » August 17th, 2016, 8:54 am

Star trek iv: the one with the whales
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Previous

Return to Media Discussion