Favorite Classic Nintendo Title

Fan of the classics? We've got you covered!

Favorite Classic Nintendo Title

Postby Vivisect » February 22nd, 2015, 8:10 pm

Here's a thread that I don't see here that should be here. Might as well make it.

For those of you who were fortunate enough to own this console as a child, teen, or an adult. What is your favorite title... and why? Was it because it was your first, id the environment and music captivate you, or did you simply just enjoy a good challenge, a game relentless in it's difficulty, but yet fun.

One of my all time favorites has to be Mega Man 2. Everything about this game was solid and still is. It's a game I can go back to in this day of age and just enjoy. The controls have aged well. The music is still amazing every time I hear it and it's overall a great challenge.
Vivisect

Re: Favorite Classic Nintendo Title

Postby ExoXile » February 23rd, 2015, 9:25 am

Tie between Chrono Trigger and A Link to the Past.
ExoXile

Postby gsides » February 23rd, 2015, 4:13 pm

all day every day
gsides

Postby Vivisect » February 23rd, 2015, 10:26 pm

Man when I said classic nintendo... I was referring to the NES. I guess I should have been a bit more specific, but it's obvious my post wasn't read completely.

It cool dough.

Another one is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Although this game was critiqued by the angry video game nerd as being horrendous, it was one of my first NES titles. I loved switching between the tirtles and their abilities to tackle on the courses... and although there were only maybe 4 songs, the overworld track was catchy as hell and still is.
Vivisect

Postby Dexter » February 24th, 2015, 1:40 am

My favorite NES game is Willow. It's not considered among the classics, but it somehow, even though I had most every classic growing up, ended up being my favorite. The music and aura just won me over.

Bubble Bobble was our favorite two-player NES game growing up.
Dexter

Postby Kamek » February 24th, 2015, 8:25 pm

It's hard to pick just ONE NES game, so I'll narrow it down to a few in no particular order.

SMB3
Final Fantasy
NES World Cup
SMB1
LoZ
Mega Man 2
Kamek

Postby Prince Shondronai » February 25th, 2015, 8:18 pm

NES 1st-party: The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, and Super Mario Brothers 3
NES 3rd-party: Dragon Warrior IV, The Guardian Legend, and Solstice
Prince Shondronai

Postby Vryheid » February 26th, 2015, 12:32 am

[Probably Excitebike. I grew up playing a lot of PC games like Sim Ant/Glider Pro that allowed you to customize your experience however you wanted, so I think the level editor in Excitebike naturally held some appeal to me. I moved on to the Genesis pretty quickly though so I didn't have a chance to play many NES titles growing up.
Vryheid

Postby Crazy K » February 26th, 2015, 9:40 am

I'm going to go with Super Mario Bros. 3. I've had too much of a childhood history with that game to not choose it.
Crazy K

Postby Omni » March 3rd, 2015, 1:43 pm

Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, Castlevania and any of the Dragon Quest games on the NES
Omni

Postby Dexter » March 4th, 2015, 6:23 pm

Prince Shondronai wrote:The Guardian Legend

Great choice. I often times forget about this one. Definitely in my top 10 for NES.
Dexter

Postby The Phoenix » April 11th, 2015, 6:16 am

I really like Chrono Trigger.
I beat it just recently (like, two months ago I believe) on the Wii Virtual Console and spent just over twenty hours on it. I can see why fans of this game are desperately waiting for a full 3D remake. It is a very fun Role Playing Game. I wouldn't say it's AS good as Final Fantasy IX, but almost beats it.

I had fun with it considering I'm not the biggest fan of RPGs and I guess a remake will bring out more of the magic. Make it happen Square!
Rasputin did WWII
The Phoenix

Postby Cro » July 28th, 2015, 8:35 pm

megaman 2 and LoZ, great games. Also that one kirby game i loved to play. cute and fun xD
Cro

Postby rasheed236 » September 3rd, 2015, 2:06 pm

hey guys im a new YouTuber that really needs ur support.. my YouTube name is rasheed knibbs. i wud really love of u guys subscribe to my channel and i will play any game u want me to
rasheed236

Postby Stampfi » September 8th, 2015, 11:59 pm

The holy triforce of NES surely is made of Life Force (part of the Gradius series, I'm not sure if the title is the same in the US), Fester's Quest (totally not a classic but I loved the Adam's Family back in the days plus being able to collect shitloads of items always does the trick for me) and the first Castlevania game.
Stampfi

Return to Retro Gaming