Who are you voting for to be president?

Debate on political issues and current events. No fighting allowed.

Who are you voting for to be president?

Postby Sigma » February 29th, 2016, 9:06 am

I don't really care who wins so long as it isn't Trump.
Sigma

Re: Who are you voting for to be president?

Postby Yoshi[NX] » February 29th, 2016, 9:12 am

I'm voting for the supreme/McMillan ticket.
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby Aesthetic » February 29th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Hahaha yes, don't let Trump run America. I thought it was a joke to begin with. If I vote, it'll probably be for Bernie. But seeing as how it's gonna be girl v. dolt, both will be pretty bad in my opinion.
Aesthetic

Postby Sigma » March 29th, 2016, 5:26 pm

I have a feeling that Hillary is going to win, mostly because of people who want "firsts". First female president? Who cares but I think that's a driving factor for alot of people to vote for her.
Sigma

Postby Infyrin » March 30th, 2016, 3:10 am

I'm really pushing for Bernie and I already voted for him in my state when we held the caucus and I'll gladly vote for him again when the general election comes. I legitimately think he's a credible and qualified candidate to run this country. He cares about the people and he's really gung-ho on taking on the corporations and I am all for that. Gut them like fish, I say.

Trump is looking to turn America into a divided state and relies, practically banks on the brewing deep hatred in Americans. The way Americans see Muslims and Mexicans, in particular. I don't dig that, especially how we've worked so hard in the past decade to get OUT of the situation from hating them. Trump is doing a good job undoing those efforts and trying to get us back to hating them, all because of a few dumb rotten apples in their communities give them a bad name. It doesn't generally mean that they're all terrorists and rapists.

Clinton is looking more to stagnate this country if she gets into office. I don't think it's worth suffering 4 years with an incompetent leader like Hiliary, just so we can say "But...she's our FIRST Woman president! :D" Now don't get me wrong, I totally think having a female president would be awesome. But...Clinton is not that woman. Nor was Sarah Palin when she was running with McCain back in 2008, that was quite an embarrassment in itself. I have a feeling some other people may want her in office because they'll think she's gonna project us back into the 90s when Bill was in office, to make times feel great again. Um, no. The times are different now, the 90s are past and dead. Besides, in case people have forgotten, Hiliary is the woman who was all anti-video game and thinks it's their fault for why teenagers misbehave. Do we need someone like that in office? I didn't think so. Gamers, be afraid, be very afraid if she gets in.
Infyrin

Postby Yoshi[NX] » March 31st, 2016, 9:16 am

No one who is elected will get anything done. Sometimes you need a cycle like that. Gives everyone a chance to regroup and reflect.
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby Infyrin » March 31st, 2016, 11:34 pm

Yoshi[NX] wrote:No one who is elected will get anything done. Sometimes you need a cycle like that. Gives everyone a chance to regroup and reflect.

We're at a point now where, not a single person is going to be 100% happy with practically anyone getting into office. The safest way we can vote is the lesser evil to go by.

It's even harder to get everyone on the same page without the indecisive people, the minority people, the social justice warriors interjecting and infecting rationality. Let's not forget the media as well.

And I'd like to believe that because of these horrible combinations, politicians are just having their way with people. Nobody cares enough to pin down the government, to pin down congress on their flaws.

I do agree that every politician has a to-do list of their own, be it their own agenda or a set of agendas given to them by a corporation or some little whisper in their ears from someone behind the scenes. They don't look to the people who outnumber politicians by a wide margin for approval or direction. Rather, they look to the stubborn assclowns in Congress who have been nothing more but stagnating cunts about just about everything.
Infyrin

Postby Yoshi[NX] » April 2nd, 2016, 2:55 pm

We've always been at the point where not everyone likes a particular candidate. It's why there have been approval ratings for a long time. People are just apathetic and think government is either unable to do anything beneficial for them or is actively working against them.
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby iveseenthelight » April 15th, 2016, 3:10 pm

yo guys i herd you like trump so im voting for huim ok
iveseenthelight

Postby Prince Shondronai » August 14th, 2016, 3:40 pm

Hopefully the Libertarian and Green parties are allowed to participate in the debates. Then maybe people will wake up and say "Wait...I don't have to vote for whose guts I hate slightly less?" This election is the culmination of decades of voting for the lesser of two evils rather than looking for anything non-evil.

If Hillary's elected and the Democrats take sweeping victories in the House and Senate, I expect things to go a little like this: "Well, you know we'd like to enact those reforms we promised you when we rigged the primaries against Bernie Sanders and then made him dance on our strings, but those darn evil Republicans just left such a mess in the House and Senate that we need to form committees and investigations, and oversight committees for those things so we can decide how best to proceed. Make sure you re-elect me in 2020 but then elect Republicans to the House and Senate again so that I can blame them for why the meaningful legislation I took 4 years to introduce isn't getting anywhere. But hey, at least you got those Supreme Court Justices that will protect your rights (so long as those rights are okay-ed by my friends at the banks and insurance companies)." She's as corrupt as they come, and the sole, lonely, desolate thing that makes her in any way a viable candidate is the fact that Trump is the Republican candidate. If he weren't, she'd have been thrown under the bus for someone electable.

If Trump's elected, we'll be too busy fighting World War III to worry about social issues. I'm fairly convinced he's only running to get Hillary elected and destroy the Republican party, though.

Honestly I'd be fine with the Republican party getting demolished if the Democratic party went down with them. Given the level of corruption the Democrats got away with during the primaries though, I don't think it's likely anything will outrage people enough to get rid of them. Hillary, like Trump, could shoot someone in the street and still keep her supporters.

I'm voting Libertarian. Overall I'm a conservative, but with none of the hate for women's health care, immigration, and social justice that most people assume comes with that persuasion. The Libertarian Party has its share of problems, but nowhere near the level of depravity it takes to nominate someone like Trump or Clinton. I'm hoping Gary Johnson will use the position of President of the United States to explain to people the facts of why their government seems to work against them more than for them, and incite people to do something about it.
Prince Shondronai

Postby Yoshi[NX] » August 17th, 2016, 8:53 am

Voting johnson to force a republican house to choose between a powerful political rival and a candidate that represents the worst parts of their party's base
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby Prince Shondronai » August 23rd, 2016, 4:24 pm

I don't think we need to worry about the Republicans holding onto a majority in the House and Senate, really. They've pissed away any and all credibility with every step Trump's taken to where he is now.

Unfortunately a Democratic House and Senate will obstruct Johnson's efforts even more than Republicans would, but that goes back to my hopes that he'll expose the corruption and deceit of both political parties, and get more people to demand an end to it.
Prince Shondronai

Return to The War Room