Hellraiser Films

The place to talk about music, movies, television, sports, literature and anime.

Hellraiser Films

Postby Fate » February 21st, 2015, 1:30 pm

I have been power-watching all the films in the series this week. The series overall is not very good, and feels like I accidentally summoned Pinhead and the hell he brought for me was being forced to watch all his movies. Besides the first film, I took a strange liking to the 6th installment, Hellseeker, with Dean Winters (Law & Order, Allstate commercials, 30 Rock). There was even a Hellraiser video game movie! The most disappointing thing was that the monster designs, effects, and general creepy factor was done rather well, but the stories within them felt like mind-numbing interstices to the good stuff. It's a shame that such a creepy main villain is part of a not-so-great franchise. Even the cheesier slashers, I feel, had more entertainment value.

I heard there was a new one in the works, somewhere out there, if it gets out of development hell.
Fate

Re: Hellraiser Films

Postby Vivisect » February 24th, 2015, 11:57 am

I've never seen one. I've tried... I really really have, I could just never get into it. Horror is a genre I have stayed away from and just overall do not enjoy. From time to time I'll watch a horror flick, but Hellraiser is one that I have always seen as people refer to as a classic, but to me it's just a snoozefest.

Does this make me a bad person?
Vivisect

Postby Fate » February 24th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Horror isn't for everyone, since most of it is bad, but Hellraiser is especially bad.
Fate

Postby Crazy K » February 26th, 2015, 9:35 am

I watched the first two films not too long ago for the first time. I agree about the design and effects being quite good these days. I didn't watch any of the ones after the second though. I might check them out eventually when I'm really bored and in the mood for some campy horror.
Crazy K

Postby Fate » February 26th, 2015, 11:45 pm

Some people say the first three are the films to watch, and I'd only agree to see to grody special effects. But after the first, the stories seemed so slow. It's not as campy as Nightmare films since it's not exactly a popcorn series. It's way too gross and weird to be a popcorn series.
Fate

Return to Media Discussion