Frozen 2: Suck it Disney

The place to talk about music, movies, television, sports, literature and anime.

Frozen 2: Suck it Disney

Postby Admiral Anthrax » March 14th, 2015, 11:03 pm

The first one was an ok flick but as far as Disney princess flicks go, Brave and Tangled were better. The overhyping absolutely killed my opinion of it, though. It's the Destiny of Disney flicks. It's an amazing 7/10 of a movie. It came out two or three years ago and the hype train never slowed down one bit and there's ALREADY a a second one coming. Lame.

Normally I have a high tolerance for sequel greed (as long as it's good who cares) but the fact that there is already a second Frozen in the works REALLY irritates me. Probably irrationally.
Admiral Anthrax

Re: Frozen 2: Suck it Disney

Postby Kamek » March 15th, 2015, 11:22 am

I didn't like "Let it Go", I thought the "Build a Snowman" song was cute, but I don't get why it's lauded as such a great movie. It was cool/cute, but even without nostalgia glasses, it didn't hold a candle to the 90s traditionally animated Disney films. I even found "The Princess and the Frog" to have a lot more character than Frozen. It wasn't bad, but people make Frozen out to be the second coming of The Lion King/Aladdin or something.
Kamek

Postby Raptor » March 15th, 2015, 6:29 pm

Watching Disney princess movies has never registered on my list of priorities, so I haven't formulated a valid opinion on any of them. That said, check out some of these amazing Frozen lyrics:

Don't know if I'm elated or gassy
But I'm somewhere in that zone
'Cause for the first time in forever
I won't be alone

Ooh! I suddenly see him standing there
A beautiful stranger, tall and fair
I wanna stuff some chocolate in my face
Raptor

Postby Admiral Anthrax » March 15th, 2015, 11:23 pm

Raptor wrote:Watching Disney princess movies has never registered on my list of priorities, so I haven't formulated a valid opinion on any of them. That said, check out some of these amazing Frozen lyrics:

Don't know if I'm elated or gassy
But I'm somewhere in that zone
'Cause for the first time in forever
I won't be alone

Ooh! I suddenly see him standing there
A beautiful stranger, tall and fair
I wanna stuff some chocolate in my face

Stop it raptor, you're making me change my mind :x
Admiral Anthrax

Postby Yoshi[NX] » March 16th, 2015, 8:15 pm

haven't seen it and if i never do, i won't feel as if i've missed anything. when i tell people i haven't seen it they react with what looks like equal parts surprise and shock which is kind of fun.
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby Jint » March 16th, 2015, 10:15 pm

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Sometimes it's best to just leave well enough alone.
Jint

Postby Omni » March 17th, 2015, 7:21 am

The worst thing is, basically every new addition to attractions and shows at Disney parks is Frozen-themed.
Omni

Postby Admiral Anthrax » March 17th, 2015, 7:36 am

Omni wrote:The worst thing is, basically every new addition to attractions and shows at Disney parks is Frozen-themed.

Yup. Thank God my four year old has ditched Frozen entirely for Big Hero 6. Can't wait til she starts seeing previews for the new one though :roll:
Admiral Anthrax

Postby Yoshi[NX] » March 17th, 2015, 8:48 pm

frozen strikes me as a decent movie that the marketing department at disney is going to bleed white for every penny it can
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby Raptor » March 19th, 2015, 12:33 pm

Admiral Anthrax wrote:Stop it raptor, you're making me change my mind :x

Also, if that snowman character sounds half as obnoxious as he looks, I really do pity any parent who would have to sit through his parts.
Raptor

Postby Dexter » March 23rd, 2015, 12:36 pm

lol Frozen is definitely not a movie for us, guys. We'd be better off with How to Train Your Dragon.

Tangled > Frozen > Brave
Dexter

Postby Linko_16 » March 26th, 2015, 6:15 pm

The overinflated, inescapable merchandising and marketing of Frozen is clearly **** annoying, but making a second one is obvious. If you were a Disney producer, you'd want that free money in your pocket, too.

The last subpar blockbuster kid's movie with obsessive merchandising was Cars. Look how long ago that feels like now.
Linko_16

Return to Media Discussion