The Last: Naruto the Movie

The place to talk about music, movies, television, sports, literature and anime.

The Last: Naruto the Movie

Postby Vivisect » February 26th, 2015, 6:49 pm

Sup guys, 'Red Swordsman', aka Pit here. Sup suckas.

Anyways...

I had secured the tickets to this movie months before the initial release. East Village Cinemas, located in 2nd Avenue New York was having an event in which they would show this movie for only 3 days. Naturally, watching the previous films, and watching the anime, this was a must see... well, for me at least. No other movie theater was going to show it. I either had the option to either torrent it or hold off and watch it on the big screen. I chose the latter.

If you haven't watched Naruto, read the manga, or haven't given it a chance, I suggest you watch it.

The movie opens up with a beautifully chi rendered telling of the Naruto story from the beginning. It showed the Sage of Six Paths, followed by a quick scene of Madara and Hashirama, all the way up to the sealing of Kurama by Minato.

First and foremost, if you want a movie loaded up with action, this isn't the Naruto movie for you. I really don't want to go into any major spoilers as some of you may want to see this, but this is a love story. It is the closing of the series, telling the story of Hinata and Naruto, and him finding peace after the lifelong struggle he has gone through.

I'd like to discuss this movie with you guys, but unfortunately, as a writer I do suck and am having a hard time describing any of anything without being a blabbermouth. If anyone saw it, what did you think of it?

I was actually happy. I didn't go in there expecting anything. I was happy to see Naruto grown up, everyone in the village accepting him and him settling down being able to live a nice peaceful life. I understand people love this show and would love for it to continue, but after all that Naruto has been through, never meeting his parents, everyone in the village fearing him for having the Kurama sealed inside of him, I actually don't want to see Naruto fight again. It was a breath of fresh air seeing him finally happy.
Vivisect

Return to Media Discussion