Street Fighter V

The general-purpose videogame forum.

Street Fighter V

Postby Kamek » February 24th, 2015, 8:29 pm

So excited for the new installment in the iconic SF series. Capcops just released a trailer for none other than Charlie!!!

Excited for his return, but I really wanted them to go in a more SF3 direction with new characters. Hopefully we still get that, although with them teasing Bison, it could be set before SF3, when I was really looking for a game set after SF3 timeline wise. An older Ryu, Chun, Ken, and a few oldies with a bunch of newcomers would have been awesome. Maybe it'll still turn out that way! We'll see.
Kamek

Re: Street Fighter V

Postby Vivisect » February 24th, 2015, 10:00 pm

So Charlie's all Frankensteined up? And why are all these games taking place before 3?

Regardless, it looks solid. I think this will be on Steam so I should be fine.
Vivisect

Postby Kamek » February 24th, 2015, 10:39 pm

PS4 and PC exclusive. Sony moneyhatted this game. I just really hope my PS3 sticks will work on my PS4.
Kamek

Postby gsides » February 25th, 2015, 11:36 am

those sticks will absolutely not work, hate to say it.
http://store.madcatz.com/categories/fig ... 4-PS3.html
better start saving! :P
gsides

Postby Strato » February 25th, 2015, 11:41 am

Actually they might work:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/22/70402 ... ks-madcatz

Quote from linked article:

The PlayStation 4 release of Skullgirls Encore, Lab Zero Games' 2D fighting game, will let fighting game aficionados use their existing PlayStation 3 arcade sticks, thanks to a custom USB driver. And fans of other fighting games might benefit as well, as the developer says it will let others use its PS4 driver in their games, free of charge.
Strato

Postby Kamek » February 25th, 2015, 12:30 pm

I read that about the Skullgirls team, Strato, but I don't know if MadCatz will be as nice as MikeZ and the Skullgirls team. I also gave a Hori HRAP 3 SE. Someone told me it works on PC too, and I have yet to try it out. Might use it for some KoF13 Steam action.
Kamek

Postby Strato » February 25th, 2015, 12:54 pm

Kamek wrote:I read that about the Skullgirls team, Strato, but I don't know if MadCatz will be as nice as MikeZ and the Skullgirls team. I also gave a Hori HRAP 3 SE. Someone told me it works on PC too, and I have yet to try it out. Might use it for some KoF13 Steam action.

I remember listening to this on a podcast when it was announced but haven't kept up with recent news. My understanding of this was that fight sticks will just work with this driver and it won't be up to the manufacturer to provide any support of it. I guess we'll see how it works out/what is supported when Skullgirls releases on PS4?
Strato

Postby Vivisect » February 25th, 2015, 2:46 pm

Well this may not be a bad thing. Perhaps we'll see if this game transitions into SF3. How does Remy acquire that fighting style? How do Sean and Ken meet? Silly **** like that.
Vivisect

Postby Kamek » February 25th, 2015, 11:24 pm

Vivisect wrote:Well this may not be a bad thing. Perhaps we'll see if this game transitions into SF3. How does Remy acquire that fighting style? How do Sean and Ken meet? Silly **** like that.

My personal hope is that it takes place after SF3 and is a Shadowloo vs Illuminati type thing. Or right before SF3 with the same premise, although I'd prefer it to be set after. I just hope Oro is in this. And NEW characters. I need some new characters. I think SF4 was the perfect love letter to classic SF, and USF4 the perfect game for those who like all the characters in SF (well, perfect second to Alpha 3 <3 ) but I need new characters, and yes, new lore is important to me as well. New backstories and characters to be engaged with.

I'm definitely getting the online Beta, so we in there bros.
Kamek

Postby Vivisect » February 26th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Man, when I first saw this, I was thinking it was gonna be straight up dumb. The more and more that I've watched this trailer has gotten me hyped. My favorite Street Fighter III was third strike, IV was a step back but still delivered a solid game. This one just looks so right. I hope we'll get a better story mode explaining what's going on after the death of Charlie and his obvious resurrection.
Vivisect

Postby Kamek » February 26th, 2015, 8:22 pm

I actually thought the story mode in 4 was quite good. 3rd Strike is an amazing game, but I guess people didn't like the learning curve and new cast, though I loved it. That soundtrack is one of the best in gaming. The tattered sprites and gritty soundtrack really made it feel like "street" fighter. I'm hoping for a good story mode, but I want those character specific rival intros to come back. Not like the shitty long SF4 cutscenes, but rather like SFA3 Ryu/Ken meeting.
Kamek

Return to Video Gaming