Nintendo Switch

The general-purpose videogame forum.

Nintendo Switch

Postby Prince Shondronai » October 20th, 2016, 7:20 pm

Seems like the natural evolution of the Wii U, combining its gamepad functionality with the portability of a tablet. I like that it'll use cartridges, though it's sad we won't be able to play Wii U disc games on the road. If we get to use 3DS games on it instead though, that'd be awesome. Hopefully any downloads on the Wii U will be transferable to the Switch no matter what, at least.

Glad I never got around to buying Skyrim for another system, since it seems it'll be a launch title. This begs the question though: Is this just going to be a repeat of the Wii U's launch? A couple of original titles with nothing from 3rd-parties except games that everyone already played elsewhere. On the other hand, if it gets support from developers who have become staples on Nintendo's handhelds, it could still have a diverse lineup without relying on the major multiplats of Sony and Microsoft's consoles.
Prince Shondronai

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Slade » October 23rd, 2016, 9:52 pm

If it ends up with mostly downgraded multiplatform games that would be the worst case scenario. Hopefully focusing developer support on one platform instead of a separate home console and handheld will be a very good thing for the Switch's roster of new games.

When I look at the new Microsoft and Sony consoles, 99% of the time I think "man I can't wait until I can afford a nice PC to play those." And if the Switch turns out some good new IP, it might get the attention of people who think the same way. If I'm going to have a PC and one console, I'll go with the console that is the most different from my PC. I think their time from announcement to release date is a little short, and hopefully they have some big new games early after release.
Slade

Postby Strato » October 24th, 2016, 8:16 am

A big factor in my decision on whether to get it/play there will be with how they setup their online services. I really feel like it is time to come up with something comparable to Achievements or Trophies. If done right, it would be nice to start over on a new platform. I'm already super embedded in the Sony/Microsoft ecosystem with tons of purchases there so really need something to entice me to come over.
Strato

Postby Prince Shondronai » October 26th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Given their success with Miitomo and Pokemon Go, I expect Nintendo to focus on some sort of Switch interactivity with smartphones rather than any new online features. Can't stand mobile gaming myself, so I'm not too excited by the idea, but as long as I still get to play new Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. games on the thing, I'll be satisfied.

Guess we'll get a full presentation for the thing on January 12th. Launch titles, pricing, features, etc.
Prince Shondronai

Postby stevensargent » August 2nd, 2017, 11:20 pm

Hi there, I agree with you and most of the time I also think that If I would get a new gaming PC to play those games. In earlier stage I used to play games on consoles, but now recently I have bought a new gaming PC. Planning to buy more games and my friend suggested me some helpful resources. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
stevensargent

Return to Video Gaming