Fallout 4

The general-purpose videogame forum.

Fallout 4

Postby Stampfi » November 18th, 2015, 3:14 am

Anybody got it allready? Seems like the scores on meta-critic aren't as high as the ratings on IGN and similar sites. How much fun is it to play? Was the hype built up for a reason? How is the third-person view, is it nice to play? On one Hand post-apocalyptic games are just my thing. On the other hand I didn't like Fallout 3 and stoped playing after a few hours (but that was the case with all the games on the X-box 360 so...), means so far I will wait until the game is available for cheap...
Stampfi

Re: Fallout 4

Postby The Phoenix » November 22nd, 2015, 11:57 pm

Stampfi wrote:Anybody got it allready? Seems like the scores on meta-critic aren't as high as the ratings on IGN and similar sites. How much fun is it to play? Was the hype built up for a reason? How is the third-person view, is it nice to play? On one Hand post-apocalyptic games are just my thing. On the other hand I didn't like Fallout 3 and stoped playing after a few hours (but that was the case with all the games on the X-box 360 so...), means so far I will wait until the game is available for cheap...

Using a mixture of reviews + player opinion is a pretty good idea when deciding on what game you're thinking on buying.
My suggestion is to check multiple reviews (GameTrailers is a good review site and is what I use usually use) from professional reviewers (and I use the word "professional" loosely since some video game "critique" websites have people who do not know what they're talking about, i.e. sometimes IGN but not all the time) and reviews/thoughts from new-to-gaming or "veteran" players. Reason being that is so you can compare their likes and dislikes on a particular game. By doing this you have clearer judgement ON the game you're thinking of buying. However, there are other methods. You said you didn't like Fallout 3, correct? Rent Fallout 4. Or go to a friends place to play it. A horrible mistake is to buy a game based off of one persons subjective biased view. One person may think the game is perfect, 10/10. However others will likely have constructive criticism. At the end of the day, it's up to you.
Rasputin did WWII
The Phoenix

Postby Zebro » November 24th, 2015, 10:23 pm

have hard time seeing someone that didn't like Fallout 3 enjoying Fallout 4. I'm definitely getting it when I have the moneys, or maybe get it for Christmas. I'm always skeptical of reviews being biased/influenced by publishers for ratings, I tend to go by peer reviews of people I trust. So far, everyone I know that's played Fallout 4 has enjoyed it.
Zebro

Postby Stampfi » November 27th, 2015, 3:33 am

Sounds good so far. :) I only vaguely remember F3 but it came across as rather slow. But I had this feeling with all the games on the X-Box 360 (sold it pretty quickly btw) so maybe that was the problem.
Stampfi

Postby JenniferFox » May 4th, 2016, 10:58 pm

I think this game is awesome, when I had around 30 hours played I was just on the fifth story mission since I found there was such a great amount to do that at present kept me energized and intrigued. I am die hard fan of this series so I Fallout 4 kaufen from online website since I wanted to play it as soon as I caThe design aren't Witcher 3 representation yet so what, graphics aren't the main part that make a game extraordinary and never the less I believe they're still truly great design, not top notch but rather most likely not the most noticeably bad. The one this that truly irritated me however was that they expelled the skill system yet following a couple of hours I figured out how to love the new perk system. I additionally at first was wary about the real voice performing artist however in the wake of playing it I figured out how to like that also, I think the on-screen character made an incredible showing with regards to and in spite of the fact that it constrained you marginally I don't believe that it restricted you to the point where you couldn't accomplish something you truly needed to do. In case you're a fallout fan I would exceedingly prescribe this game, I imagine that Bethesda had the majority of their fans Ideas at the top of the priority list when they made this game and I think they made a truly decent showing with regards to of fanning out into a fairly new course with keeping their old roots.
JenniferFox

Postby Stampfi » September 12th, 2016, 7:37 am

I finally started playing F4 after finishing Witcher 3. I'm not a big fan of games with the ego-perspective and I rarely play them. Still, I'm pretty addicted to this game. The post-apocalyptical atmosphere is quite tense and I'm a sucker for that. Exploring the huge world and looting around is big fun and even if the game seems to have less RPG-Elements than its predecessers. So far I'm mainly doing side-quests for the minute men and wasn't interested in looking into the main story line (I have a playtime of more than 30 hours btw), also because I want to have better stats before enterting diamond city.
Stampfi

Return to Video Gaming