Are You a Cheater?

The general-purpose videogame forum.

Are You a Cheater?

Postby Infyrin » April 25th, 2015, 9:38 am

I like to cheat in video games sometimes, but specifically on games I don't have a patience for to play under normal circumstances. In this case, simulation games like the Sims or Theme Park or Rollercoaster Tycoon for examples. I'm not ashamed to try and punch in a code or find trainers that will give me **** tons of money so I can have as much fun as I want, because personally, that's the only way for me TO have fun in those games.

I'll also cheat in strategical games, mostly in retro titles like Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV for SNES, just so I can stomp over other rulers. By means of magical codes that give me strength in troop count and training to steamroll the opposition.

It's taboo for video games where if you cheat at all, you're a noob with no skill and possess no "honor" for gaming. My opinion, cheating is part of the fun to video gaming. As long as you're not doing it to be an ass on multiplayer servers or those VAC servers that would ban you for it. Cheating allows you to do things you may just not have the patience for and if cheating was taken seriously, doubt there would be codes in existence!

Could also see cheating as a way to see what you're in for throughout the game before giving it a go without cheats.

Anywho, are you a cheater and what's your point of view about it?
Infyrin

Re: Are You a Cheater?

Postby Yoshi[NX] » April 25th, 2015, 3:18 pm

i like cheating in rts'. speed up build speed and cheat a bunch of money then send a shitton of guys to attack en masse
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby The Phoenix » April 25th, 2015, 11:52 pm

I like using 'cheats' in games like Grand Theft Auto. It's almost like you can mod the game without actually having to mod it.
If I want, I can just enable multiple cheat codes and f*ck around. Now those are MY kind of games.
Rasputin did WWII
The Phoenix

Postby Alekhine » April 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Yes
Alekhine

Postby Dr. Killjoy » September 14th, 2015, 7:05 pm

In my personal opinion, I like to beat the game Im playing before I use cheat codes, but once its completed Ill put all of them in just to see what they do. And I agree with The Pheonix, games like GTA and Saints Row and Mafia and the like are the best kinds to use cheats.
Dr. Killjoy

Postby Vivisect » November 1st, 2015, 1:30 pm

I used to cheat in Pokemon because of the TM's. You only received some powerful moves only one time and then had to resort through breeding and all this other extra **** just to get a pokemon to have a move, such as earthquake.

So did I cheat? Yeah man. I didn't alter my stats or anything like that, but man, why do they limit you to certain TM's being only one in the game? With all the pokemon they give you access too it just didn't make sense at all. How are you suppose to create teams that are viable when they put so many hurdles in your way?

In the new games like X and Y and ORAS they let you have infinite uses of TM's, so they got that right.
Vivisect

Return to Video Gaming