The NEW 2015 Finished Games Thread

The general-purpose videogame forum.

The NEW 2015 Finished Games Thread

Postby Yoshi[NX] » March 12th, 2015, 11:49 am

Because no one else has made one, I'll make this one. I'll try to go back and find the list from the cached pages on Google for this year. Make the game title bolded so it's easier to read and so I can just cut and paste it into here.

e: the old thread is probably dead but if anyone wants to try here's a link to the old thread to try with: 2015-completed-games-t44530.html

Fate
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

gsides
Assassin's Creed 4

Yoshi[NX]
Kairo

Vyrheid
Sunless Sea
Tallowmere
Life is Strange Episode 1
Avernum 2: Crystal Souls
Geneforge
Ori and the Blind Forest
Pillars of Eternity
Geneforge 2
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Re: The NEW 2015 Finished Games Thread

Postby Yoshi[NX] » March 13th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Looks like I can't edit the original post. ****.
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby Vryheid » March 14th, 2015, 4:37 pm

One game a piece? Come on baddies, I don't even play that much and I have a longer list than that:

Sunless Sea
Tallowmere
(you can't technically "beat" it but getting to room 60 is the toughest achievement you can unlock)
Life is Strange Episode 1
Avernum 2: Crystal Souls
Geneforge
Ori and the Blind Forest
Vryheid

Postby Yoshi[NX] » March 15th, 2015, 2:49 pm

Fate wrote:I can, and did.

Cool, thanks.
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby Vryheid » April 5th, 2015, 10:58 pm

Pillars of Eternity - Top notch kickstarter-funded RPG by Obsidian and Paradox Interactive. Harkens back to the old D&D based Infinity Engine games but balances out the combat significantly and modernizes much of the gameplay. For me the quality quest writing and interesting character classes are the highlights, there's a whole lot of worthwhile exploration and replayability. It's a shame we didn't get a thread on the game here.

Geneforge 2 - It definitely feels like the first Geneforge, that's for sure, but the devs tried to push everything further in terms of combat and quest depth. On some level this works- I like all the new options with spells and the much higher level cap, for instance- but I don't like all the obscenely overpowered enemies that get randomly dropped in your path that you inevitably have to come back later to kill. I also feel like whereas the first game introduced you to all three factions fairly quickly, this game makes it extremely difficult to meet up with either the Takers or the Bhazarites before you've visited most of the areas in the game without ever even signing up for a faction. As such the faction questlines feel poorly implemented and out of whack. The biggest complaint I have is that the guards and important characters in general have way too much health. You can't tell the player character that they have the opportunity to be evil when apparently every soldier on the face of the planet is some augmented superman even when plot-wise they should not be.
Vryheid

Postby gsides » April 12th, 2015, 10:33 pm

finished Assassin's Creed 4 in time for the MKX release... first 'new' game i've played start to finish in probably 4 years, excluding Pokemon Y. jeez.
gsides

Postby Sigma » April 13th, 2015, 5:35 am

Just finished Brutal Legend on PC.
Sigma

Postby The Phoenix » April 13th, 2015, 5:50 am

I just finished Metal Gear Solid again for the one billionth time.
Though it was for a purpose. So I could retrieve footage on the gameplay and work on the Metal Gear Solid 1 review.
Most advanced editing trick I have ever done, making a transparent image peak out at the bottom of the video.
Rasputin did WWII
The Phoenix

Return to Video Gaming