I have a couple suggestions

Got a question, a problem or an idea for improving the site? Post it in here!

I have a couple suggestions

Postby Infyrin » April 20th, 2015, 3:58 pm

- Troll Labeling. Want to know who is a troll here and who isn't? Now we could if this suggestion is implemented. A nice label is located under or above the suspected user's name. This cannot just be handed out though, no, it can be "earned" if certain qualifications are met. It'll tell people who not to feed and can be there for a limited time until someone has adjusted their ways. Think of it as an online dunce cap. It can't be called just "troll" though, it could be like old times. They're labeled Wackos!

- Vote Up/Down Threads and Posts.

- Arcade. With better and updated games.

Yeah I think the first two are honestly new suggestions, the third one was basically a "bring back Arcade" thing. I'm half-awake so, I might've had a couple more but if they come back, I'll suggest again.
Infyrin

Re: I have a couple suggestions

Postby Yoshi[NX] » April 21st, 2015, 3:21 pm

A decent rep system for users and the arcade.

Thread voting turns into a popularity contest and labeling turns into something approaching bullying.
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby The Phoenix » April 22nd, 2015, 4:36 am

I for one think that a rating system would be great. Some people do not want to post just a simple sentence of "yeah man that was funny lolol," in reply to another.

There are many posts I laugh to, but how will I let other users notice? It acts as a "reward system" to the poster. Possibly boosing confidence? Possibly also increasing post activity as well. And as well as having users making sure their posts are top-quality (yes, I know that sounds stupid). But think about it. You can rate someones post as funny (indicating that you think their post is funny), agree (you agree with them), disagree (you disagree with them) and/or smart/stupid (you thought what the user posted was kind of smart/stupid).

I like the idea. I think it is a benefit if anything.
Rasputin did WWII
The Phoenix

Postby MetroidPrimeMan » April 22nd, 2015, 5:02 am

The only detriment to a negative rep system is when people disagree with someone they can go on a binge of down-voting every post a user has as a form of retaliation.

The Kudos system that was in place before the hacking had promise- you liked something about a post you could give it a " + ".
MetroidPrimeMan

Postby The Phoenix » April 22nd, 2015, 5:51 am

Well an option to 'see' which poster has rated you would need to be implemented as well.
Rasputin did WWII
The Phoenix

Postby Infyrin » April 22nd, 2015, 6:27 am

The Phoenix wrote:Well an option to 'see' which poster has rated you would need to be implemented as well.

No, not necessarily. Let's just say, for example, someone is extremely sensitive about having their posts downvoted. They could see the people's names and target them for flaming. To counteract the inflating count of votes users make, it should be implemented as one vote counts per user on that particular post.

If we must, however, there could just be the upvote option. Then again, that would be really pointless. But, we can be unique about this, like the Kudos system. We could have buttons that are labeled whatever fitting word that would count towards as a vote to a post or topic.

Going about this has awakened a lost suggestion. Yoshi, you mentioned that labeling turns into something that approaches bullying? Ah ha! There's a trick to this, because not every user would be the one labeling. That would be up to the mods and admin strictly. I was thinking along the lines that there's a "Troll" button located somewhere and it's purpose would probably send them to the Wacko University cage of trolls. Since before, there was a board where dramawhores and problematic users populated it. This would have to be an involved process, too. I was thinking maybe a form could be filled or in fact, users could vote on whether the user or a topic was made for trolling purposes. It would be up to the admin/mod to ban, restrict or into the Wacko cage they go.

Another button I was thinking of is a Locking button for threads. Now, that isn't to say that once they press it, it's immediately locked. It could be the express button to send a request to a mod or admin to have their topic locked. This would prevent people from quickly making insulting/trolling posts and locking them immediately before anyone has time to retort and argue. As the mod would have to review the request first before the action is taken.

I also wanna see the old icons come back! Mushrooms and stuff! Raaah! >:U
Infyrin

Postby Yoshi[NX] » April 22nd, 2015, 3:26 pm

We need a persistent edit function badly.
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby Yoshi[NX] » April 22nd, 2015, 4:28 pm

i thot i tell you that the butn gos awy
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby The Phoenix » April 23rd, 2015, 2:22 pm

It goes away after thirty minutes...
Rasputin did WWII
The Phoenix

Postby Sigma » April 23rd, 2015, 4:19 pm

We know where it's located, that's not the problem. 30 minutes after you make a post you can no longer edit it, hence the button going away for that post. Understand a bit better now?
Sigma

Postby Yoshi[NX] » April 23rd, 2015, 6:28 pm

Screenshot it next to one of your other posts or bullshit
[center]Image[/center]
Yoshi[NX]

Postby MetroidPrimeMan » April 24th, 2015, 3:01 am

The Phoenix wrote:Well an option to 'see' which poster has rated you would need to be implemented as well.

with the old kudos system you could see all the kudos you were given and if any comments were given. now to the end of downvoting the kudos system sort of allowed that because as mentioned before, comments could be added; "this post sucks", "way to shitpost dumbass", etc.
MetroidPrimeMan

Return to Board Help & Suggestions