Mobile gaming forum

Got a question, a problem or an idea for improving the site? Post it in here!

Mobile gaming forum

Postby Admiral Anthrax » March 14th, 2015, 11:07 pm

Mobile gaming is such a massive market, love it or hate it, that a forum would only make sense. Why not add one?
Admiral Anthrax

Re: Mobile gaming forum

Postby Kamek » March 15th, 2015, 10:27 am

I've seen you talk a few times about a site that you run, so link it Freddy. I'm curious. Not a big mobile gamer myself, but always interested in the industry.
Kamek

Postby Admiral Anthrax » March 15th, 2015, 11:43 pm

Writerparty.com. Nothing cool or industry related though, just tips and tricks for games.
Admiral Anthrax

Postby Strato » March 16th, 2015, 12:15 pm

Admiral Anthrax wrote:Writerparty.com. Nothing cool or industry related though, just tips and tricks for games.

Cool. Congrats on making a popular site. As a guy who used to be big into web site creation and still dabbles some, I'm interested if you write all the content yourself, outsource, or some combination?
Strato

Postby Omni » March 16th, 2015, 1:46 pm

The only mobile games that I have ever played are emulators of retro games and the mobile ports of Dragon Quest games.
Omni

Postby Jesse Smith » March 16th, 2015, 11:54 pm

Created.
Jesse Smith
Site Admin

Postby Omni » March 17th, 2015, 7:20 am

Capitalize the word "gaming" in the board name so it matches the rest of the boards.
Omni

Postby Admiral Anthrax » March 17th, 2015, 7:31 am

Strato wrote:
Admiral Anthrax wrote:Writerparty.com. Nothing cool or industry related though, just tips and tricks for games.

Cool. Congrats on making a popular site. As a guy who used to be big into web site creation and still dabbles some, I'm interested if you write all the content yourself, outsource, or some combination?

Thanks Strato, I do miss Gamerboards and GGCCC. GGCCC had me trying to break every SNES game i owned for awhile, and I was at Gamerboards from 2001 on for most of its life. Heh both of your sites made quite an impact on my early internet life.Do you still run either site?

As far as the content goes I write all of it myself. At least so far.
Admiral Anthrax

Postby Strato » March 17th, 2015, 2:54 pm

Admiral Anthrax wrote:Thanks Strato, I do miss Gamerboards and GGCCC. GGCCC had me trying to break every SNES game i owned for awhile, and I was at Gamerboards from 2001 on for most of its life. Heh both of your sites made quite an impact on my early internet life.Do you still run either site?

Awesome. Eventually, Gamerboards was closed down (maybe around 2006?) and I redirected anyone who was still left to these boards. The main reason I closed it was the site became less popular over the years and it became a lot of work to keep up with spam/dealing with exploits/general site maintenance stuff. The GGCCC site technically still exists and in fact I did some coding to fix some longstanding issues on it a few months ago. I just keep it up as a 'historic' web site since it is so old. I still own the VideoGameSource.com domain and have been nostalgic for creating gaming content again so I started up a Youtube channel a while ago and have been posting various videos there (mostly achievement guides/strategies/walkthroughs). I've been considering redoing the VGS site as a blog format with some of the videos I have been making on the Youtube channel but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Also, what was your original name on Gamerboards?
Strato

Return to Board Help & Suggestions