do you want a banner!?

Posted by evancooleo

If your a newbie and want a banner or just want one ill try my best to make you one just tell me what you want on it.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Can you make me one? Do i have to tell you my intrests or are u just gonna whip something up?

Posted by evancooleo

no just tell me what you like or want on there and ill do my best!

Posted by Killer Jordo

cars, AC/DC, something that has to do with spawn or middle ages kinda thingy goin on.

Posted by evancooleo

tell me your email and ill send it to you

Posted by evancooleo

Hey if you want me to make you a banner K.J. I made this one:

If you don't like it just tell me and I can work on it or just scrap it.

Posted by Scorpion

Hey, K.J. if you want a banner I made this one:

If you don't like it that's fine but if you do like it the URL is [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/KarlKroenen/KillerJordo.jpg."]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/KarlKroenen/KillerJordo.jpg.[/url]

P.S. Evan, you're a newbie yourself.

Posted by Klarth

Heh, these are all terrible. And Kroenen, you're not exactly a vet yourself.

Out of interest, what are you people using to make your banners? MS Paint?

Posted by Scorpion

A. I never said I'm a vet but I'm definetly not a n00b. I have(as you can see) over 350 posts.
B. I use Photoshop 7.0
C. I haven't even had it for a week.
D. I don't see a banner that you made yourself, so unless you can show me something be quiet.

Posted by Killer Jordo

thats dude :)

Posted by Roger Smith

It's true.....everyone who has posted in this thread, with the exception of Abraxas and myself, are terrible n00bs at desiging graphics.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Karl Kroenen:
D. I don't see a banner that you made yourself, so unless you can show me something be quiet.

http://vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=5085&postcount=7 :link:

*Ignores the words n00b, newbie etc and hopes a trite, childish little argument doesn't start over that*

Posted by Roger Smith

LMFAO, nice one Shin-Ra. The use of "n00b" was cleary necessary. But I guess I should....appologize anyway.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Karl Kroenen]A. I never said I'm a vet but I'm definetly not a n00b. I have(as you can see) over 350 posts.

Post count =/= how long you've been here, how intelligent you are, etc. Oh, and I also use photoshop 7 fyi.

Backup much appreciated, Shinny :)

Posted by Scorpion

And how long have you been using it? Because as you saw, I haven't been even using it for a week. Your "support" on encouraging me to get better is so great, yeah, right.

Posted by maian

They're too thrown together. They just don't look very good. If you need tips, PM someone who's well with Photoshop. I'm not trying to flame you, here. Oh, and before you make any assumptions..These are my most recent ones. (I'm still learning Photoshop)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/maian/bann0rz/finalzerobanner.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/maian/bann0rz/hightech.png[/IMG]

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Karl Kroenen: And how long have you been using it? Because as you saw, I haven't been even using it for a week. Your "support" on encouraging me to get better is so great, yeah, right.

Ten months or so, but I've been working on macromedia flash mx more recently as we don't have ps on the students' lan.

Posted by Scorpion

Exactly, it is sad to compare yourself(having 10 months of experience) to someone who hasn't even had 7 days of experience. Also I am almost certain I'm younger than you by a couple years meaning you will probably have been working with computers longer than me.

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

(Back to topic!!!) Anyway, make me one! I want one that has chao's on it, please!!! I'll rep whoever makes it first! By the way, I'm not a n00b and I posted on here, does that make me a n00b, now?

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Karl Kroenen: Exactly, it is sad to compare yourself(having 10 months of experience) to someone who hasn't even had 7 days of experience. Also I am almost certain I'm younger than you by a couple years meaning you will probably have been working with computers longer than me.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Actually I made banners that didn't look to bad the first day I downloaded it, just ask Roger Smith, he was online talking to me as it was finishing the download.[/COLOR]

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Karl Kroenen: Exactly, it is sad to compare yourself(having 10 months of experience) to someone who hasn't even had 7 days of experience. Also I am almost certain I'm younger than you by a couple years meaning you will probably have been working with computers longer than me.

Bleeding hearts of the world.....I barely had 7 days of experience when I was using PS and my graphics were a par better then yours.

Posted by Concerto

So your a natural. Not everyone can do great work right off the bat. ;) Offer constructive critisism next time. :)

Anyhoo, I'm afraid I have to agree with maian - it does look a little like you just threw it together. Plus, the plain background doesn't work very well in this case. Sometimes, a plain background is exactly what a picture needs, but in this case the pictures are too simple to put on a simple background.

Did you use PS or MSPaint? It kinda looks like you used Paint, just because it's a little plain (note, I said "plain" not "bad" ;)). If you have PS, play around with it a bit. Don't go nuts with it, otherwise it'll go from "plain" to "messy," but try applying various effects until you get what you want. ^^

I just work with Paint. It may not have all the spiffy effects that PS does (also, the version I have doesn't work with transparency ><), but it works great for the stuff I make. :)

Posted by Nemesis

I still have the one you made me maian...its done me well

Posted by Axis

Thanks to Roger Smith I was able to come up with this in a matter of 3 minutes. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/RideTheLightning315/Messaround.jpg[/IMG]
I know I know, it sucks ***. But I just started using this stuff.

[quote=Abraxas]Ten months or so, but I've been working on macromedia flash mx more recently as we don't have ps on the students' lan.
[quote=Abraxas in a different thread]*when I was on a computer without it. I've had photoshop for two and a half years, I've just never been really good at it.
:confused:

Posted by maian

For anyone new to Photoshop, (Me, in example) [url]www.good-tutorials.com[/url] is great for newcomers. No, they're not huge long 5 page ones, they're quick step by step things that can be done in minutes. There's tons of things. Art effects, cool effects, Text effects, and there's thousands.

No, I didn't get paid to sound like a blatant advertiser.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Roger Smith: It's true.....everyone who has posted in this thread, with the exception of Abraxas and myself, are terrible n00bs at desiging graphics.

Roger, you aren't exactly an expert yourself.

[url]www.tutorialman.com[/url]
[url]www.good-tutorials.com[/url]
[url]www.pixel2life.com[/url]

All excellent tutorial sites. Please learn at least ONE tutorial from those places before you make another banner. Seriously.

Posted by Scorpion

What about my new bottom banner???

Posted by Nemesis

I did this one
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Honda_275/nomuraken073is.jpg[/IMG]
for my xanga site

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Hyper: Roger, you aren't exactly an expert yourself.

[url]www.tutorialman.com[/url]
[url]www.good-tutorials.com[/url]
[url]www.pixel2life.com[/url]

All excellent tutorial sites. Please learn at least ONE tutorial from those places before you make another banner. Seriously.

Oh jesus Hyper, spare me the high and mighty **** would you?

Posted by Map42892

make me one with bob saget, gene simmons, a piece of cheese, and a hippie.

My E-Mail is [email]Map42892@msn.com[/email].

Posted by Iris

No thanks. I don't want a banner. :(

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Inzo]

"I've had it on my pc for a long time" does not equate to "I have used it since I had it".

People shouldn't be allowed to post their stuff until they're actually good at this.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Roger Smith: Oh jesus Hyper, spare me the high and mighty **** would you?

I didn't say you were bad. I just said you weren't an expert. I'm tired of seeing all these amateurs putting 'GFX EXPERT RAH I AM AWESOME' in their sigs and user titles. Not just here at VGC, either.

[quote=Auron]I did this one

No you didn't. You took a picture of a car, you might have cropped it, and then you added some bad text onto it. Little to no effort [or talent] required.

Sorry if I sound harsh or 'high and mighty' but that's just the way it is.

Posted by Scorpion

IF you guys hate people that think they're awsome then why are you on me? I never said I was the best, in fact I always look at people's banners and wish could do what they do. All I did was post my work, but apparently just because I'm not as good as some of you I "shouldn't be allowed to post it".

Posted by Pit

can u tel wuts photoslopped!?

I DUNT TINK SOOO!1

Posted by Scorpion

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Pit you suck. :mad:

Posted by Scorpion

I just made this:
Everyone kept telling me to use effects and filters, so I did. What do you think, should it be in my sig?

Posted by Roger Smith

[QUOTE=Hyper]I didn't say you were bad. I just said you weren't an expert. I'm tired of seeing all these amateurs putting 'GFX EXPERT RAH I AM AWESOME' in their sigs and user titles. Not just here at VGC, either.

I know I'm no expert, I am in no way trying to make myself appear as one. I make what I can, and if someone doesn't like it...then they just don't like it. I'm not in this to try to impress anyone. I enjoy making graphics, and if someone thinks I'm trying to show all my work to make others feel like crap about their work, I feel sorry for him or her.

And BTW Karl, I'm going to listen to Zerostar and offer some constructive critisism: Don't rely on filters too much. There's more to PS7 then just fancy filters and what not.

Posted by Fallen

Quoting Hyper: I didn't say you were bad. I just said you weren't an expert. I'm tired of seeing all these amateurs putting 'GFX EXPERT RAH I AM AWESOME' in their sigs and user titles. Not just here at VGC, either.

No you didn't. You took a picture of a car, you might have cropped it, and then you added some bad text onto it. Little to no effort [or talent] required.

Sorry if I sound harsh or 'high and mighty' but that's just the way it is.

Coming from someone who tells the admin how to run his site because he thinks he knows everything, coming from the person who thinks he knows everything about message boards, and coming from someone who brags constantly about how they can run a better site than anyone. Please shut your mouth, you freakin douche bag.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Fallen: Coming from someone who tells the admin how to run his site because he thinks he knows everything, coming from the person who thinks he knows everything about message boards, and coming from someone who brags constantly about how they can run a better site than anyone. Please shut your mouth, you freakin douche bag.

Go do something for a few years and then come back and not share any information about it. Then you'll be what you want me to be.

I know a lot about vBulletin. I'm not the best, but I know a lot. What do you know about it? Shut up until you've learned something worth helping others with.

[quote]I know I'm no expert, I am in no way trying to make myself appear as one. I make what I can, and if someone doesn't like it...then they just don't like it. I'm not in this to try to impress anyone. I enjoy making graphics, and if someone thinks I'm trying to show all my work to make others feel like crap about their work, I feel sorry for him or her.

I didn't mean to imply that anyone who has replied to this thread makes them self out to be more than they really are with graphics. I stated what I dislike without naming any names, because, frankly, I don't think anyone here has been making themselves out to be more than they really are. A couple other sites are loaded with those asses, and I was probably browsing one when I made my previous post. I apologize.

[quote] IF you guys hate people that think they're awsome then why are you on me? I never said I was the best, in fact I always look at people's banners and wish could do what they do. All I did was post my work, but apparently just because I'm not as good as some of you I "shouldn't be allowed to post it".

I just plain don't like you. :)

Posted by Fallen

Hyper, I have something that can help others. Dont listen to Hyper because he is a douche bag that is so hypocritical it makes me want to cry. As for the helping on the subject of paint, then just practice at it and you will get better.

Although your last statement was not directed to me, I feel the need to tell you something. I dont like you, of coarse you probably already know that. Please learn to think before you post because you are so hypocritical in what you say. In another thread you got on me for not knowing you and saying that I dont like you, yet you sit there do what I did.... nice, very nice.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Fallen: Hyper, I have something that can help others. Dont listen to Hyper because he is a douche bag that is so hypocritical it makes me want to cry. As for the helping on the subject of paint, then just practice at it and you will get better.

Although your last statement was not directed to me, I feel the need to tell you something. I dont like you, of coarse you probably already know that. Please learn to think before you post because you are so hypocritical in what you say. In another thread you got on me for not knowing you and saying that I dont like you, yet you sit there do what I did.... nice, very nice.

You seem to be intelligent enough, therefore, I don't reply to you unless you flame me. Kronoan or whatever, on the other hand, is an obvious dumbass.

Sometimes I can come off as a bit of a bragger, but I in no way mean to brag seriously. I may throw in a comment or two on my eliteness when being sarcastic, or when being attacked, but never outside of those situations.

Maybe you're just a bit jealous? :rolleyes:

Posted by Fallen

You are a moron for thinking I am jealous. Far from that. I just dont think you should complain when you yourself have done it... not in a joking manner. Thank you for the comment, I respect you a little more for that.

Posted by Scorpion

[quote]Sometimes I can come off as a bit of a bragger, but I in no way mean to brag seriously. I may throw in a comment or two on my eliteness when being sarcastic, or when being attacked, but never outside of those situations.

How in anyway have I acted as a "dumbass". And you haven't really been sarcastic at all, and you hadn't been attacked before the first time you insulted me. So yes you do brag outside of those situations. I don't know what your problem is, you didn't voice your opinion, you just insulted me. You think you're so great, but you don't have a very good attitude, you give out insults instead of advice.

Posted by Hyper

You are a n00b. That makes you a dumbass. Ask around :(

Fallen, I guess the :rolleyes: wasn't enough to show that I was using sarcasm when I made the jealousy comment. ;)

Posted by Scorpion

I'm not a n00b. The problem with you is you define n00b as someone who hasn't been here nearly as long as you. I have been here since July 2004, and almost have 400 posts(really 500 because a long time ago VGChat got messed up and deleted 100 of my posts) so no, I'm not a n00b. I'm just not someone who was here since this site began. N00bs are people who just got here! In fact on average I post more than you per day, you've just had two whole years more to post.

Posted by Hyper

N00bs are idiots. Newbs are new members.

Get your facts straight.

Posted by Fallen

My bad mate.

Posted by Axis

Well, you can think what you want, but I dont see Karl Kroenen as a dumbass. Hes far better than almost most of the n00bs here.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

mhfmmyhmnfgzdngx

Posted by Scorpion

I would like to apologize for my rudeness. As of comparing my recent work to my old work, it sucked awfully. Check the Official Banner Thread to see my latest work, I think it is way better than my old crap!