Eyeshield 21

Posted by Fate

I have to admit that this manga has suddenly piqued my interest. Normally I wouldn't touch things relating to American football, but since my brother is on his high school football team, I had to buy Eyeshield 21 to remind me of him. Since I can't physically see my brother while he's in Utah and I'm in Florida, I thought it would be nice to own something that would interest me as well as him. I first read Eyeshield 21 in a manga preview in Shonen Jump and I was already interested because of the humor involved. Now that I have read the first volume, I can safely recommend this manga to anyone, football fan or not. It had me laughing out loud.

Has anyone else checked this out?

Posted by Fate

Okay, I know American football doesn't sound interesting to read about, but this manga is too well-done for me to not re-suggest it.

Posted by Arczu

American football? I've been hearing that name not knowing it was anything closely related to Football. I know someone who is a football maniac who said something about it, but I didn't know it was about football.

Sounds like something I would be interested in. Been looking for something for awhile now...

Posted by Fate

It's a really good series. It keeps me entertained because it is edgy and well-drawn.

Posted by Fate

Okay, so I've been torrenting the series from AnimeYume.com. It's so cool. I hope some of you guys will check it out. I think it's pretty exciting.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I probably won't ever check out the manga or anything... but I have to say, the DS game does look pretty cool. I'm hoping to check that out some time.

Posted by Fate

But it's so well done! :(

Maybe I'll check it out then... might be good for some background on the game.

Edit: k, downloading some now. :cookie:

Posted by Fate

Good! I think you'll like it. It gets pretty intense. There is one character in particular, named Hiruma, that is absolutely nuts. I think you'll see what I mean when you watch. <333333

Saw the first two episodes, and yeah, I like it. I'm glad you suggested it to me, since there's no way I would have downloaded it otherwise.

Posted by Ant

So it's all about the football team? Details please.

Posted by Fate

There's this wimpy kid named Sena with super-fast legs. He developed his speed by being a go-fer (gopher?) throughout his childhood. He's recruited to the American football team, a ragtag gathering of only two people, a linebacker and a quarterback named Kurita and Hiruma. Because of Sena's unusual speed, Hiruma does not want the boy to be discovered by other teams like baseball or the track team, so he orders Sena to hide behind an eyeshield while on the field. Sena also has his friend Mimori, who is highly overprotective of the wimpy Sena and just adores "Eyeshield 21", the name given to Sena's secret identity. And then the games begin!

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I thought it would be some awesome crime show, but when I downloaded it, it was some bizzare sports show

Sorry, I like more run-of-the-mill stuff more.

Posted by Big Boss

Princess Fate forced the manga down my throat... and I'm glad. I've grown addicted to it, and the anime is a fairly faithful representation of the original material. I've enjoyed good sports anime in the past, like Supercampeones and Slam Dunk, but this one's the most complete. I like how each player specializes in something, and how they ended up being good at what they do. I also like the theme of each team in the show, such as the Americans being called the "Aliens" and having the quarterback throw his famous "Shuttle Pass," or the rival high school, the "Ojo White Knights" with their ace Shin using his "Spear Tackle" to take down runners. It's really fun, and the show is hilarious. The manga does a better job of teaching you the basics of the sport than the anime though, but it's all done seamlessly in both.

Oh, and I've never liked American football.

Posted by talentz

Yer I got manga vol 1: a wicked book,I recomend It.

Posted by Fate

Anyone else keeping up with the series? There's only a few volumes left before it ends.

No, but!

Quoted post: I probably won't ever check out the manga or anything... but I have to say, the DS game does look pretty cool. I'm hoping to check that out some time.

I played it. Was good.