How much TV do you watch per day?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I dont watch more than an hour or so a day, assuming I do watch any at all. I've gotten so used to doing things that i cant stand the thought of jstu sitting back and letting my mind rot for hours on end.

So, how much tv per day for you?

Posted by Ant

Of actual just watching TV, about 1-2 maybe. Somedays more, other days none. Only thing that I tend to watch anymore really is Adult Swim sometimes(not the same repeats over and over again) or maybe the news. That's it for me.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

My TV's always on. But I rarely actually watch it. Maybe 2.5-3 hours in total?

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

I never turn my TV(s) off. I can't stand quiet. I think I have a phobia or something.

I watch at least nine hours or more of TV on each weekday and well over that on weekends.

Now, before we go into "life get" jokes, I do-do other things while I watch TV. Eat, talk to my girlfriend on the phone, play videogames, read, etc.

I just multi-task.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Get a life.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Half an hour, if that. I despise when the tv is on 24/7.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Non-ExistentOne: do-do

lol

Also, wtf. Why did this get moved. Its a POLL. Hence, POLL board. If your going to move any poll to the board that it represents, then you might as well just get rid of the poll board.

Posted by Xero

It depends. Week-days I dont watch more than 1 hour of T.V per day. Sometimes I just dont watch T.V at all.

Week-ends, I might watch 2 hours...But I'm usually in front of the PC...

Posted by JON

i watch roughly an hour. i think tv for the most part is pointess, unless there is a good movie on.

Posted by Trigger

I'm getting really tired of all the insipid shows on television and so I hardly subject myself to a large amount of it, these days. I usually only watch Futurama, now that it has been put back on air and Mythbusters. I probably have a more disgusting hour-time when it comes to how many hours per day I listen to music, as opposed to my hour-time for television. My TV is used more to play movies than it is to actually display any channel.

[quote=Non-ExistentOne]I do-do other things while I watch TV. Eat, talk to my girlfriend on the phone, play videogames, read, etc.
Essentially, all these things can be done whilst sitting in one chair and never moving. Talking to your girlfriend on the phone, playing games and reading is fine but I wouldn't constitute this to be much of a "life." I'm not trying to insult you or make a joke here, either - I actually do believe that you lead a very dull life. You probably live up to your username better than you think you do; your life is almost nonexistent.

Eating is necessary, all of us have to do it if we want to survive; I wouldn't add that to my list if I were trying to justify that I had a life - it's already a given. If we were to go by your definition of what makes one have a "life," you may as well add that you go to the toilet sometimes, too. As for the other things, well, wouldn't you rather be with your girlfriend personally, as opposed to having her on the phone all the time? Television can be great, but I'd never count it to be better than the opportunity to spend time with whom I loved.

Go outside more often, man. Even if you read a book outside, that's a little better than sitting inside in front of a television and doing nothing. Do you even remember what the outside of your house looks like? Do you remember the smell of freshly mowed lawn, the sound of birds in trees, the way the sun feels when it beats down on your skin or makes the distance seemingly ripple as the heat rises from the increasingly hot cement?

You could probably tell me, from memory, every button on your television remote and its position in relation to every other button. In my opinion, you don't have much of a life.

Posted by Last Fog

I hardly watch TV at all anymore. In fact, I think it's been weeks since i watched even a half hour at a time. There's next to no good television. All I actually watch is adult swim on cartoon network, which is very rare, since I'm not up late on weeknights.

Besides, I just don't have time, since video games takes up 90% of my free time.

Posted by Crazy K

I watch a lot of T.V. Possibly 5 or 6 hours during the weekend. There is nothing to do in this town so I just watch T.V. But I usually watch the movie channels like HBO, Starz, Cinemax, etc. But I been getting into football more and I been watching t.v. a lot.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I only watch TVon Saturdays for about three hours. Other than that, hardly ever during the week. I'm consumed with school work and other stuff. I'll go into vegetable mode over break though. Just be a total bumb. :)

Posted by Moogs

I watch T.V. for about an hour to two hours a day... unless it is a school day. Like now we are out for Christmas holiday therfore today i watched about an hour and a half. On saturdays none. I go out and do something or play videogames. On sunday I watch a football game and that's it so I'd say... about 10 to 15 hours a week.

Posted by heyimhappy

i only watch 2 hours a week! lost and alias . this doesnt count movies though...i watch lots of movies. im obsessed with movies.

Posted by ko dude

i watch tv more then 5 hours most of the time i do it cause i get bored of the games on my xbox and after i check up on the stuff on the enternet i have nothin to do but watch tv.

Posted by Hammered On

I only watch Desperate Housewives, but given that the second season is terrible compared to the first and that ABC hasn't shown a new episode in a month and a half.. I'm really starting to become disinterested in even that.

Posted by GameMiestro

On average, a half hour to an hour a day. Usually it's episodes of The Simpsons or G4.

[quote=Hammered On]I only watch Desperate Housewives

Omg.

Posted by Hammered On

"Omg" what?

Posted by 007 ninja

1-3, unless it's 24 time.

Posted by Nightscare

6 hours a day(and thats with school)

Posted by Arczu

Not going to rant about how I don't "Expose myself to the garbage on television" or stuff.

I watch T.V. I have one in my room (although I rarely even have to use it, and if I do, it's for the N64 or maybe the VCR than TV). I wind up with up to 3 hours if anything I like is on.

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

I only see tv when there is x-play,family guy,futurama or fullmetal.A or when theres e3,ohh and naruto. (I wish I could see it in japanese.)I say I start watching tv when adultswim starts.