Suggestions!

Posted by s0ul

I need to compile a CD that needs to be fairly large for some boxing! I'm gonna need some hard, but not HWAAAARGH GROWL music (yelling's fine, just not growling), no metal if it's avoidable as well. So yeah, fight music. And as I'm sure there has been a thread somewhat like this before, sorry for repeating, but I don't care. :cool2:

kthxbye

Posted by Lord of Spam

Fight the Power-Public Enemy

Not particularly fast, but its plenty angry.

Posted by Ch

Remember that song Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit?

Yea those are my two cents...

Posted by Arwon

Les Savy Fav - Hold Onto Your Genre

Augie March - This Train Will Be Taking No Passengers

Both quite fast and angry songs, but musically interesting and very non-metal. Dunno what they're like as fight music, but have a listen.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Perhaps some Powerman 5000!

Posted by s0ul

You guys suck. Thanks though. ctrl6

Keep trying.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Try some Refused, very angry Swedish hardcore band.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Hrmmmm...

Amon Amarth
Pantera
Metallica
Megedeth
In Flames
Opeth
Shadows Fall
God Forbid
Lamb of God
Soilwork
Dark Tranquillity
Testament
Nevermore
Necrophagist (little growly, but man does it get you Grrrrrrrrr)
Meshuggah
Kataklysm
Iced Earth
Death
Children of Bodom
Arch Enemy

That should get you going.

Posted by Klarth

no metal he said :(

try Porcupine Tree - "Shallow".

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Lamb of God

TAKE THAT BACK!

Quoted post: for some boxing!

only fags box.

Posted by Lord of Spam

real men just stab each other with rusty rail road spikes:rolleyes:

Posted by Pit

Quoting Vampiro:

only fags box.

I'll kill you

Posted by rivercitytecmo

i like how he specifically said "no metal" and then received a ****load of metal suggestions. seriously, is metal the only thing some of you guys listen to? it seems to be the only thing you guys discuss.

i suggest the suicide file and will agree with TSC about refused. "the shape of punk to come" specifically. or the album "wonderful rainbow" by lightning bolt.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=rivercitytecmo]i like how he specifically said "no metal" and then received a ****load of metal suggestions.
All from the same person who didn't seem to read the post thoroughly. It's scott though, so it's alright.

[quote]seriously, is metal the only thing some of you guys listen to? it seems to be the only thing you guys discuss.
most people on the boards who actually have a musical taste listen to metal, yep, but it isn't necessarily the only thing we like. I'm into a load of trip-hop and classic rock stuff too.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

for the sake of argument, how can somebody not have a musical taste?

Posted by Klarth

I didn't until about two years ago, which is when I got into a load of electronic stuff. :-/

Posted by Porcupine

Quoting Klarth: try Porcupine Tree - "Shallow".

You're having a ****ing giggle, right?

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Drowning Pool - Bodies

And I can't really think of anything. :-*

Posted by s0ul

Eh, I said no metal if it's avoidable, if there is actually a perfect metal song for the occasion, I won't let my bias in the way, but if I hadn't said that, it'd be all I got.

Even still, appreciated, thugs.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Lets rock- smash mouth

Just give it a listen before you judge.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Klarth: All from the same person who didn't seem to read the post thoroughly. It's scott though, so it's alright.

:( :sadpanda:

Quoting Klarth: most people on the boards who actually have a musical taste listen to metal, yep, but it isn't necessarily the only thing we like. I'm into a load of trip-hop and classic rock stuff too.

Agreed. Jazz and Blues rock my socks.

Posted by Shade

What the heck is trip-hop?

Eye of the Tiger

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I'll kill you

Pretty much what I was hoping for.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Shade]What the heck is trip-hop?
[quote]Trip hop (also known as the Bristol sound) is a term coined by British dance magazine Mixmag, to describe a musical trend in the mid-1990s; trip hop is downtempo electronic music that grew out of England's hip hop and house scenes. Characterized by a reliance on breakbeats and a sample-heavy sound pioneered by Coldcut's remix of Eric B. & Rakim's "Paid in Full", trip hop gained notice via popular artists such as Portishead, Massive Attack, Tricky, and rock-influenced sound groups such as Ruby, California's DJ Shadow, and the UK's Howie B.
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trip-hop

also similar to acid jazz.

Posted by heyimhappy

sorry if this is too late, but try:

"see you in the shallows" by thrice.

a lot of their stuff is good. its hard rock, some screaming, really good guitar riffs. hope this helps

Posted by Richaod

*thinks about it*

Judith - A Perfect Circle
Bullets - Creed (surprisingly good)
Born - Nevermore
All Hail The New Flesh - Strapping Young Lad

Two out of four aren't metal. Not bad.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get it On

Posted by mis0

Ich Will - Rammstein (Industrial - No growling, but angry)
One Man Army - T. Raumschmiere (No Vocals)

Posted by The Punisher

heh Devourment.... =) Seriously though, Mudvayne arent tottaly metal, but you can kick someones *** to them. Also, Lynard Skynard. You guys get trashed and then beat the hell outta each other. It will be a grand ole time.