IGN Rev is up finally.

Posted by Drewboy64

[URL="http://revolution.ign.com"]Just thought I'd let you know.[/URL]

Edit: ****, Rev release is thanksgiving week and not summer :( But ubisoft is making an FPS. I hope it's good. Ubisofts a pretty good developer, right?

Posted by nich

Just checked it out. On top of the Ubisoft info there are some vague revolution specs aswell, Its apparently GCNx2 maybe less (which seems fine, no ps3 or 360 but still). And is supposed to sell for 150 US DOLLARS OR LESS. Thats a price I like.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Every developer was in agreement that Revolution should launch with a price tag of $149 or lower. Some speculated that based on the tech, a $99 price point would not be out of the question.

I love you, Nintendo.

Posted by Darkbackward

Nintendo was right about horsepower and graphics being far too complex for developers to fully utilize, so, the souped up xbox sounds like a good idea... for a while.

Because, in two years, developing for the ps3 and 360 will be a cinch, leaving the revo far incapacitated.

Edit:

Which is why I'm going on record stating that a revo 1.5 graphical upgrade will become available in the year 2008.

Posted by <DEMONHUNTER>

Quoting nich: Just checked it out. On top of the Ubisoft info there are some vague revolution specs aswell, Its apparently GCNx2 maybe less (which seems fine, no ps3 or 360 but still). And is supposed to sell for 150 US DOLLARS OR LESS. Thats a price I like.

That's a great price.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Rev release is thanksgiving week and not summer

because, you know, that's the official date and not just speculation.

Anywho, now all we need is some real news.

Posted by Random

It has to sell for less to compete. If your not going with all out hardware and power, then your going to have to compete somehow. Being cheaper is a way of getting people to purchase your products, and trying them out. Then if the person likes the system, he simply tells his friends and so on and so forth. It's a great marketing Idea and it's easily affordable. I'm sure this will land them more sales then what the Gamecube had landed them, but i'm still curious to see how popular it'll turn out to be. Probably more popular for the older gaming generation (Such as myself and others), than for the middle-aged gamers.(Kids who grew up playing the PS1/N64/DC)

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro: because, you know, that's the official date and not just speculation.

Anywho, now all we need is some real news.

What are you saying? I know its the official date. I just wish I could have it by summer.
edit: okay, it's not the official date. Nevermind. Anyway, I know there's still a chance it'll come at a different time, but I doubt it's summer now, so I'm dissappointed. basrlkhdfkg

Some say that people won't buy Rev because of the low price, saying they'll just pass it on as a weak toy rather than a powerful game console, which is really stupid if someone does do that.

Quoted post: I know its the official date.

How?

Posted by Fate

Because IGN is always right. And Nintendo is always on time.

Oh of course. Thanks for clearing that up, Fate.

Posted by GameMiestro

The controller requires batteries.

Dang.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Fate: Because IGN is always right. And Nintendo is always on time.

Thanks. This clears up the whole Zelda delay alright. :)

Posted by Fate

That doesn't sound like an extension of my joke. Thanks for ruining it. :mad:

Quoted post: Thanks. This clears up the whole Zelda delay alright.

I don't get it.

That almost sounbds sarcastic. In the bad way.

Posted by Axis

Wasn't meant to be the taken the bad way. Yes it was sarcasm, it was in reference to Drewboy's post.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'd take these specs with a pinch of salt. There seems to be a lot of contrasting opinions of what the machine is capable of. In fact, it seems that the dev kits that devs have right now are just overclocked Gamecube dev kits, and don't remotely represent the power of the final machine. Just the architecture.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting GameMiestro: The controller requires batteries.

Dang.

Can't you buy 148 packs of those things anyways

And

Wavebird? The coolest console wireless controller ever?

THAT required batteries.

So just flow.

Quoted post:
Can't you buy 148 packs of those things anyways

And

Wavebird? The coolest console wireless controller ever?

THAT required batteries.

So just flow.

not to mention people still aren't sure whether it will use AA batteries or rechargeable ones.

Posted by Speedfreak

Xbox 360 controllers use batteries...

Quoted post: Xbox 360 controllers use batteries...

Or rechargeable ones.

What's your point?

Posted by Drewboy64

I hope the controller uses rechargeable batteries, because unlike handhelds, there's no downside to it. With a handheld, the downside to having to recharge is that you can't instantly change the batteries if you're on, say, a car trip. But seeing as you'll have the controller charge basically whne you aren't using it and such, a charger would be better.
Yeah.

Posted by nich

Quoting Drewboy64: Some say that people won't buy Rev because of the low price, saying they'll just pass it on as a weak toy rather than a powerful game console, which is really stupid if someone does do that.

Agreed. Some people to this day think GCN is the weakest system out there because of the low price tag, and dropping the price barely helped sales anyway. The "you get what you pay for" theory isn't always right. I hope Nintendo knows what they are doing.

Posted by Drewboy64

i wouldn't mind if Rev was 200 or 250, seeing as its a hella lot cheaper than the others. But ****, 100 or 150... I would love seeing the Rev at that price.

Posted by nich

I would have paid $200-$250 too, that's what I was expecting to pay anyways.

Posted by Drewboy64

Same here.
So do you guys trust Ubisoft to make a good FPS? Because I really hope it turns out great.

Ubisoft is one of the best developers out there. I doubt they'll **** it up.

Posted by Axis

Just hope it isn't a Rainbow Six game, then chances are its going to suck.

I'm sure it will be a brand-new game made specifically for the Rev.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I just hope that they get the battery life to be pretty **** long. If they put out rediculously fun multiplayer games (which is wht Nintendo does best), then I can see myseld playing for hours and hours on end.

Posted by Drewboy64

Wait, are the Rev batteries battery-powered or chargeable? Do we know yet? I really pray they're rechargeable.

Quoted post: Wait, are the Rev batteries battery-powered or chargeable? Do we know yet? I really pray they're rechargeable.

We don't know yet.

But they will probably be rechargeable.

Posted by Burrito

I thought that 200$ was a good price. It wasn't expensive and it wasn't too cheap. If it was 100$ wouldn't that make it less than a DS costs? I don't know, I can see a lot of people thinking "The Revolution is cheap, therefore it sucks". Couldn't they spend a bit more money on the Revolution to increase it's graphical capabalities?

Posted by nich

The question isn't really relavent right now because both the price and graphical power is unknown. So it could be $200, and could have graphics on par with the 360, however unlikely. As I stated before the lower price=inferior philosophy worries me too.

Posted by Hyper

If people in the market for consoles had any gaming education whatsoever, they'd know that Nintendo puts out good products regardless of price.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Hyper: If people in the market for consoles had any gaming education whatsoever, they'd know that Nintendo puts out good products regardless of price.

True.

Posted by Darkbackward

Am I the only one who can fathom a situation in which I buy 200 AA batteries for 5 dollars and call it a year?

Or MUST we have rechargeable batteries?

Posted by Drewboy64

where would you get 200 AA batteries for only 5 bucks? And besides, rechargeable batteries would be so convenient; anytime you aren't playing you can just put it in the charger.

Posted by vgamer

Heh, yeah, 200 AAs is a lot for just $5!