anyone know about the Saturns memory ?

Posted by todd_freeride

Hi, I bought a Sega Saturn W/o the memory battery a couple of years back. it just kinda sat around in my room. reciently I have started trying to put a saturn collection together. I have seen two types of memory, one (from what i've heard) takes the battery in the back of the system, another I have seen was like a carterage that sticks into the slot in the top.

I would like to start playing this system again, but I dont know whare to get any memory device for it, what is the battery it takes called ? or whare can I get that carterage

-thanks

Posted by Grave Wisdom

If I remember right, it was some sort of watch battery. It's been years though :(

Posted by bazariah

internally it has it's own in-built memory, which can be accessed via turning the machine on without a game... it runs on a watch battery which is situated on the port opening on the back

it can also have memory carts and expansion carts in the slot above the cd lid, with the carts you can cross data betweent he system memory and the mem cart :D

Posted by PhlyntheKT

CR2032 or LR2032. Get the thicker one although both will work the thicker one lasts longer. Oh and if you think your battery is about to die, then switch it out while it's on to prevent loss of data.

Posted by Baco

you can also use a 5in1 or 4in1 cartridge that has useually 4mb of ram to save data, its usefull for a lot of things some games even need the extra memory to play, it is also usefull if the batterie is about to die (though I dont know how you would tell that is about to occur?)you can transfer saves to the card then back again to the internal memory once you have swopped out the batterie, cr2032 is what I used ,though a lithium type would allways last longer..