PS2 Class Action Settlement

Posted by Boner

[QUOTE]An Important Notice from the Superior Court of the State of California, County of San Mateo, United States and from the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Canada, About a Class Action Settlement Involving the PS2

IF YOU OWN A PS2, YOU COULD GET BENEFITS FROM THE SETTLEMENT.

A proposed settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit concerning the performance of the PlayStation

Posted by Lord of Spam

This could be big trouble for Sony. If they end up losing lots of money over this, it'll hurt their ability to properly hype the PS3 launch.

Posted by Crazy K

Somehow I only see the parents taking the PS2 from their kids and cashing it in for cash.

I trully dont agree with this lawsuit. There are ways of fixing the Disc Read error, and besides that, if the people who have these versions of the PS2 and it has a "disc Read Error" why dont they just bring it back? I had disc read errors before and I fixed them easily, all you got to do is swipe the lens with a q-tip.

And besides all that I have a 39001 version of the PS2 (witch is one I can sue for). But like I said, I easily fixed my DRE and I have had no problems with my PS2 since, nore any of my video games, DVD's or cd's.

Posted by Boner

The only problems I ever had with my old ps2 was playing demo disks. And it was mainly the blue colored demo disks. I have since traded that in and bought the slim ps2, which is one that I cannot collect a settlement on. Not that I would have anyway. People will sue for anything.

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah that was the main problem with my PS2 aswell, it would not play PS1,DVD's and PS2 Cd's, or regular cd's. But after I fixed the DRE It worked like the day I got it on Christmas morning.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Crazy K]cashing it in for cash
SURPRISING!

Eh, I hadn't heard about this, but it can't hurt to spread the news.

Posted by JannettyTheRocker

I have one of the original PS2's that are included in this lawsuit, and my system does get the "disc read error"...............Am I willing to sue Sony over this, HELL NO!!!!! Sony has taken the video game industry on their back and ran with it since 1995. Without Sony and their playstations, the videogame industry would still be overrun by Nintendo and Sega. From Nintendo we would get what they are currently putting out; money-grab games featuring Mario playing soccer, tennis, golf, etc. And as much as I loved early Sega, I think that all we'd get from them would be crappy arcade ports like they had on the Saturn. I don't think that even Microsoft would have entered the industry without Sony................I say, rather than suing Sony, why don't those of you who have had these issues with "disc read errors" keep the PS2 lense clean, and if that doesn't work, buy a Slim PS2. They work great.

I'd just like to say thank you to Sony for giving us gamers three great systems (PS1, PS2, PSP), with tons of great games, and for giving us an alternative to the Nintendo crapfest of games that has happened since the demise of the SNES.

LONG LIVE SONY!!!!!!!!!