Xbox 360 glitch

Posted by junior senior

don't know where this goes, (it's news) but here
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051205/tc_nm/media_xbox_dc

Posted by Cronoan

Well, that sucks. But it's really something to be expected, that a few systems would be defective. And considering the enormous quantity of Xbox 360s on the market, even a 5% defect rate would seem like a lot, and it's probably a smaller percentage than that. The guy is probably just a money grubber.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Cronoan: And considering the enormous quantity of Xbox 360s on the market

What, seven?

Posted by Lord of Spam

There may only be 7 out there, but you have to keep in consideration how freaking huge they are.

One alone uses up more copper than all the pennies in circulation.

And I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Why are people suprised that Microsoft released a shody product in order to gain market share?

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Cronoan: enormous quantity of Xbox 360

heh

but anyway, I feel that Microsoft rushed to get the system out before the holidays to get more money, and they probably never corrected the glitch.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Microsoft is a devil's corperation, they cause enough trouble as the main computer software developer but they play just as dirty in the console market.

There are four rules of buisness that can make company great:
[color=gold]
1: Pizzaz; possessing a knack for using pop culture and exciting gimicks to lure & tempt the masses to your product or service.

2: Power; financial, legal or criminal to influence and own areas of the market.

3: Quality; either by making the best of class of product or service, or by making the only of a class product or service. Also giving the customers what they want.

4: Service; making sure the public loves you for being their for them.
- Something goes wrong, you fix it.
- Something's wrong with the product or service, you admit it.
- A customer, loyal or otherwise, doesn't understand the product, you tell them the truth and not snipe a sale

The best companies should have a mixture of all of these traits. Microsoft only has and are content with only rules number 1 & 2. They say to hell with our customers, to hell with our quality, we're on top and we know we're on top so if you don't like it, too bad.[/color]

Posted by Angerion the Brave

[/b]Microsoft is a devil's corperation, they cause enough trouble as the main computer software developer but they play just as dirty in the console market.

There are are four rules of buisness that can make company great:

1: Pizzaz; possessing a knack for using pop culture and exciting gimicks to lure & tempt the masses to your product or service.

2: Power; financial, legal or criminal to influence and own areas of the market.

3: Quality; either by making the best of class of product or service, or by making the only of a class product or service. Also giving the customers what they want.

4: Service; making sure the public loves you for being their for them.
- Something goes wrong, you fix it.
- Something's wrong with the product or service, you admit it.
- A customer, loyal or otherwise, doesn't understand the product, you tell them the truth and not snipe a sale

The best companies should have a mixture of all of these traits. Microsoft only has and are content with only rules number 1 & 2. They say to hell with our customers, to hell with our quality, we're on top and we know we're on top so if you don't like it, too bad.
[/b]

Posted by Skitzo Control

Hmm... The first shipments of consoles having problems? UNHEARD OF!

Posted by Phoenix Spell

Whew. Good thing I didn't get it the first day.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Hmm... The first shipments of consoles having problems? UNHEARD OF!

And yet, no one seems to learn.

Posted by Nightscare

of course, it has to be in my ******* of a state

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: of course, it has to be in my ******* of a state

It's worldwide.

Posted by Nightscare

the guy whos sueing

Posted by junior senior

What are you talking about?

Posted by Nightscare

the guy who is sueing microsoft is from illnois

Posted by Skitzo Control

Nightscare, learn to use the edit function.

The guy that is suing... How much can he actually get? A refund on his 360 and a fraction of his lawyer costs? Why not just go back to wherever you bought it, get an exchange reqeust, and be done with it? I know Wal-Mart, GameStop, GameCrazy, EB Games, Target, K-Mart, and Shopko honor returns of any kind for an exchange of a working product. If they don't have any in stock, get a rain check.

Posted by darthryder22

BLAME CANADA!!!!! I KNOW THEY DID SOMETHING TO RUIN THE 360!!! JEALOUS BASTARDS!

Posted by Lord of Spam

You know whats awesome? Out dated, years old movie references.

gtfo