Ban username hack abusers?

Posted by sabre

The username hack's back and I already hate it. What should we do in the way of rules regarding it?

Posted by Klarth

Similar to how it was back in 2003 - Mods know the code, can use it on the main boards (sensibly), et cetera. However, if a normal member winds up finding out how to use it and only uses it in the blogs, then I don't think that should be a bannable offence - unless they spread how to use it, in which case something like a week's ban comes into play. Having it in your profile's a weeklong ban, etc etc.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yes, some sort of ban is in order. Klarth's idea seems realistic.

Posted by Jesse Smith

pweze no banning!!! They need to be able to have a little fun and work on turning in to a n00bie!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Hyper

what jackman said.

Posted by Fate

There shouldn't be a username hack, period. But since there is, any abuse of it should be a week's ban. Or three days or something.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Combine what Fate and Klarth said and you have my answer.

It shouldn't exist, period. Anyone who uses it should be banned because it's annoying and spawns retarded arguments and threads.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Chec is the real only abuser I've seen. If we try to ban him, he just gets onto a Super Mod's account and unbans himself. I guess he's some sort of proxy to whoever's been hacking the site. He's been on my account, netman's, and NegativeTrend's that I know of. Not sure how many people knew that.

I've considered just taking 30 seconds each day to prune out every single post he makes. Hopefully people will just ignore him until he gets bored.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Nah, that was just me testing to see if it was a public proxy which it was. PS in case you didn't know Raptor used the same proxies last time in case you forgot already. If Jesse would ban Raptor at router level then it would be fine but I guess he's to incompetent to do so.

Posted by Klarth

The bjarnipostrophes he uses might be some kind of clue...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting NegativeTrend: ban Raptor at router level.

er can you translate that in to English??!!

And don't you guys know how to not let others figure out your password, and know how to change them when some one gets them?? Incase you didn't know, a password is required to log in, not just a proxy. My, things have changed since we upgraded from da WWWBoards!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by sabre

Okay Jesse. I'm going to spell this out to you.

Chances are, he's not -guessing- anyone's password. Mine is basically a series of letters followed by two numbers. I'm sure most other super mods have much more secure passwords, and chec doesn't know us well enough to be able to say "oh, i know x likes y" if they have something personal to them. I'm pretty sure he's just using a programme to get at them.

[quote=Klarth]The bjarnipostrophes he uses might be some kind of clue...Does. Anyone. Care.

Posted by Fate

It would seem to me that chec is just some newbie that Jesse gave rights to just for the hell of it, much like Bjarni or Bakura or something. And I think Klarth was implying that it could be Bjarni revamped and Jesse is at it again.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er Chec isn't intelligent enough to have da title of a Wacko!!! He's a n00bie, which is lower than wacko!!!!