Probably The Best Anime Boxset Deal Ever

Posted by boomstick

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000767QTA/qid=1133741928/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-4606183-1772738?n=507846&s=dvd&v=glance

Great deal, espically considering that the Platinum Edition DVD's go for about $27 a piece, I'm not sure if this is a Christmas deal or what, so if you're interested and have the cash, I'd recommend grabbing it.

Posted by GameMiestro

Did you get it?

Posted by boomstick

Quoting GameMiestro: Did you get it?

Yep

Posted by Big Boss

Thanks. I was scared away by its $90.00 price tag at Comics Coliseum, but this is a great deal. Now I'll have 2 NGE box sets. Woohoo!

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Holy crap, this is wonderful. I owe a friend the entire series after saying I would get him 1 DVD of it every single holiday for the last three years, now I can fufill my goal.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Excellent find! I'm transferring money to my paypal account right now so that I can buy these. I've had the Perfect Collection (if that's the name?) for ages and I've been dying to see all the extra content on the Platinum Edition dvds.

Posted by Klarth

Ooh, platinum edition boxset. I bought the normal box last year for £25 used, so I might get this. Other than commentaries, what's new?

Posted by boomstick

I just got mine, it looks and sounds so much better, Remastered, oh yeah, plus I love the Director's Cut of episodes 21-24, since I had never seen them before great treat, definately a great deal

Posted by Apathetic

The only good anime I have seen is cowboy bebop, anyone think I should go for this?

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Apathetic: The only good anime I have seen is cowboy bebop, anyone think I should go for this?

I'd recommend over pretty much anything else, plus this is a great deal.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Hey Boomstick:
I've been wondering something about the director's cut. Is there that much new content, and for whatever amount exists, does it add to the plotline or clear up anything in the story?

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Shin-Ra: Hey Boomstick:
I've been wondering something about the director's cut. Is there that much new content, and for whatever amount exists, does it add to the plotline or clear up anything in the story?

Unless the content she speaks of is new in America, the director's cut just shows a little more stuff on the episodes. Depending on your understanding of the series, the extra content may or may not add new insight to the world of Evangelion for you.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

If I liked EVA, that would be damn sexy, yes. However, I continue to thank merciful Jebus that I don't.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Shin-Ra]Hey Boomstick:

It basically extends the events of Episodes 21-24, I espically like the Director's Cut of the 16th Angel fight against Asuka, you get alot more on her background and why she acts like such a *****.

And I love the 24 one, too just because it adds even more to Tabris's character and I think you get to understand him a bit more

Quoting Big Boss: n sexy, yes. However, I continue to thank merciful Jebus that I don't.

Just outta curiousity, why?