The most pretentious, pointless bullcrap song ever

Posted by Lord of Spam

Post what you think it is. I need to make fun of my cohost, and since I make fun of him for being pretentious, I need something that is obviously trash, but can have a decent, arrogant pretentiuos defense made in its name.

Bjork and The Smiths are off limits, as he already likes them, and I've made fun of them.

Posted by sabre

The Wurzels - Combine Harvester

"Trash? It's embracing the rural culture, a subdivision of everyday life that is often overlooked or ridiculed. I guess you're not cultural enough to get it."

Or something to the effect. You can have a lot of fun with it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

WHAT

THE

Perfect. :cool:

Posted by chec

pretty much every dream theatre song i`ve ever heard, at first the lyrics sound kind of intelligent like they actually have something to say, then you really get to listening to them and realize they hardly make any sense at all, that and they really need to figure out when to end a song

Posted by sabre

Hahaha, chec thinks he's funny, fresh, original, and/or rebellious. Oh you non-conformist, I wish I could be more like you. Save me from the masses.

Same song that everyone's been singing for a while now. If you're trying to be HARD and EDGY then you're really pretty crap at it. Not only applying to that post, either, just happens that that was the most hackneyed one yet.

Funny sig, though.

Posted by Arwon

They were drunken buffoons!

Now give me the Guess Who! They had the courage to be drunken buffoons!

Posted by chec

Quoting Sabredog:
Same song that everyone's been singing for a while now. If you're trying to be HARD and EDGY then you're really pretty crap at it. Not only applying to that post, either, just happens that that was the most hackneyed one yet.

the hell are you goin on about, (wacko101)? start making sense, now

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Why would you use the username hack?

Oh yeah, you're a twit.

Posted by Lord of Spam

It doesnt suprise me that he would find it hilarious. Just another reason to keep him on the ignore list. :cool:

Posted by Acheron

Try a Dillinger Escape Plan song. While I don't like Dream Theater, I can respect that they know how to arrange some bitchin' instrumentals. Even though Dillinger Escape Plan pretty much just scream and play guitars really fast, they manage to be REALLY arrogant. I have no idea how they do it.

"Van Damsel" in particular. It's pretty much the worst song ever written. The look on your cohost's face when you declare, perfectly straight-faced and everything, that it's a work of art and he's an idiot for not getting it will be priceless.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Current 93 brings back a long forgotten, superior form of apocalyptic folk music. Unfortunately, the modern day radio-raised peons of this country could never understand their true artistic talents. Music was intended to mearly be played as background to the true message, the lyrics. Perhaps the thought provoking genius, and sheer depth of their inspiring occult poetry is beyond you. Thus is the story of every modern sheltered, self proclaimed "music enthusiast".
This goes for any song, they use the same style for them all. Just pick one.

Bright Eyes. You know, I really feel Connor's messages. Their unique style similar to that of a prepubescent boy going through heroin withdrawls while slapping his cock on an acoustic guitar are simply to drive away the foolish mainstream audience. That audience are all sheep as it is and could never experience a true emotional experience. The rawness, minimalistic instrumentation and lyrics only further the journey that is Bright Eyes.
Same thing as Current 93. They're all equally horrible in every possible way. The one involving the words "drowning" and "bathtub" is the worst.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Anything by simple plan. They blow teen drama way out of proportion

Posted by Klarth

any of Tool's songs.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Just look for progressive rock bands, ie: Genesis, Yes.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Klarth: any of Tool's songs.

You're only saying this because you're curious how it feels to be wrong.

Anyway, anything by Story of the Year, or that stupid b*tch Jojo.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Beastie Boys - Girls

Catchy as it is, it's obnoctious. ^_^

Posted by chec

Quoting Sabredog: Hahaha, chec thinks he's funny, fresh, original, and/or rebellious. Oh you non-conformist, I wish I could be more like you. Save me from the masses.

Funny sig, though.

wait, wut, all this because i said i don`t like dream theater? tis the truth, kiddo. try not to assume so much, it just makes you look so ignorant

Posted by Acheron

Quoting chec: wait, wut, all this because i said i don`t like dream theater? tis the truth, kiddo. try not to assume so much, it just makes you look so ignorant

Nah, it's because your arguments were lame. You pretty much said "They have bad lyrics" and "Their songs are too long" in the least funny way possible.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting chec: wait, wut, all this because i said i don`t like dream theater?

No, because you were actively slagging them off.

But you have Timulty in you avatar so all is forgiven for now.

Posted by father o'blivion

yeah he is totally wrong about dream theater because quality of music is an objective measurement and in no way a personal judgement or opinion!!

Posted by Acheron

Hush, little one. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out what people are actually saying their posts when you're older.

Posted by mis0

Anything by Mindless Self Indulgence, as if I needed to even utter it.