donkey kong country

Posted by Panda

I have played that alot of times and I think it is very fun. It had excellent graphics for its time, and a fun gameplay system that was a nice break from the old SMB games. I mean, I like SMB games, but it's nice that someone was doing something new with Side-scrollers.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I agree.

But I never cared much for DKC 2 and DKC 3. I liked the first one a lot, but just could never get into the second and third.

Posted by Anethemo Rex

i didnt like it that much. it was kind of hard in a lot of places and i could never get 100% on it no matter how much time i spent. i think i got 40% one time and thats about it.

Posted by chec

the game is really fun to play and the levels are spectacular, big downside is the characters are pretty stupid, well aside from the ones you get to ride around

Posted by Xero

Donkey kong country is and always will be one of the best SNES games ever. I played and completed the 3 of hem. They are sooo fun. And you can save, witch is pretty usefull if we all remember Super mario 3 on NES :P

Posted by Vail

That game was exellent.

Posted by GameMiestro

The first DKC game I played was the second- that was probably the most difficult platformer I have ever played. Then I played DKC, and blazed through it. The final boss in the original was so-so, but when he got his blunderbuss- that was insane.

Posted by Samusfreak

DK Country is one of the best games ever. I think Donkey Kong Country and Yoshi Island are the best SNES games ever. You can play it over and over again and it's still making fun.

Posted by Dexter

Very enjoyable games, the entire Super Nintendo trilogy. It was good for both kids and adults, offering a great challenge and enjoyable, furry characters. Probably the best graphics I've encountered when it comes to Super Nintendo games. There honestly hasn't been a better Donkey Kong game since. I don't think Rare is capable of making a better Donkey Kong game.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I didn't like 2 or 3 as much as 1, but they were okay.

For me, the best part was trying to master it. You know, trying to achieve 100%. I've still never done it. I'm at like 99.3% or something like that.

Posted by Dexter

I think I fell a little short myself, but after I was done defeating the game, I never returned for the purpose of getting 100%. Whenever I do return to the games, which is really rare, it's usually just to replay a few of the levels I remember being difficult.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Dexter: I think I fell a little short myself, but after I was done defeating the game, I never returned for the purpose of getting 101%

Fix'd 'cuz I'm nitpicky.

I honestly prefer DKC2 over DKC.

Posted by Proto Man

I have played, DKC and DKC2 to death lol. I love the series though, and think DKC is THE best of all of them. I actually HAVE gotten 101% before, and 102% in DKC2. Really tough doing it though... I had to play it a couple times before it happened. Especially DKC2 because the Lost World levels are REALLY hard.

Posted by Zapper

Definitely one of the best SNES games. I also didn't care much for the sequels. But i've beaten DKC many times.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Zapper: Definitely one of the best SNES games. I also didn't care much for the sequels. But i've beaten DKC many times.

I actually didn't care much for the sequels myself in my younger years. I have owned DKC2 twice! The first time around, I disliked it because I found it very hard and frustrating. Plus it tended to glitch up here and there, although I supposed that was because of dirty system/contacts (I didn't know any better). So because of that I sold it. Years later I ended up regretting my decision, and traded in Pilotwings to buy DKC2 a second time back in 2003. I still have it to this day, and love playing it!

I do like DKC more though, I think it has the best music of the three.

Posted by Zeta

wtf Snakey Shanty, Crocodile Cacophany, and Stickerbrush Symphony are the best the series has to offer.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Zeta: wtf Snakey Shanty, Crocodile Cacophany, and Stickerbrush Symphony are the best the series has to offer.

Those are good, but... out of that game I preffer Squawk's Shaft and Swanky's theme.

Also, I think DKC's overworld theme, along with the underwater, underground, and most of the other music in that game is the best in the series.

Posted by Zeta

All I really cared for from DKC were Fear Factory and Gangplank Galleon.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Zeta: All I really cared for from DKC were Fear Factory and Gangplank Galleon.

Eh, not sure what you mean by "Fear Factory" but Gangplank Galleon was DKC2 as well. Unless you meant the final Boss Battle between K Rool and DK on K Rool's ship.

Posted by Zeta

Fear Factory is the name of the factory level music. And Gangplank Galleon in both games are completely different.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Zeta: Fear Factory is the name of the factory level music. And Gangplank Galleon in both games are completely different.

Ah, I see. So I take it you like more of the "piratey/sea" music.