Best and Worst FFA Characters.

Posted by DarkBlade

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Todays Question![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Who do you think is the best character/s for FFA matches?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]And who do you thing is a bad choice for a FFA Linup.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]Ill add onto 3 characters I believe are good for FFa matchups.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=seagreen]Link[/COLOR], [COLOR=darkred]Samus[/COLOR], and [COLOR=magenta]Peach[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Now, I consider less things like Speed and mind games which every1 thinks about in 1 v 1 games, and focus more onto a few points.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]1. Recovery length. Since there are 2 other people to mess up a ledge guarder. So perfect recovery isn

Posted by D.J Cat

I wish I knew what the flip FFA means...

Posted by DarkBlade

[COLOR=Black]Free For All..
Im talking about a 4 person, each guy own his own side, Free For All.
Theres teams(2v2) sinlges(1v1) and FFA's(4 way warzone^^) I dont think any1 cares for 2v1 or 3 ffa. That only is seen when some1 drops dead in a team battle and when you die in a 4 person free for all(becomes a 3 person..~ Hey, I can Subtract! ~sweet~)

But while on the subject, Ushaly in a FFA is all people arnt novices and respectable normal compitition. They ushaly do a 1v1 and 1v1 on both sides the map, till some1 things he or she is suking agianst that foe and turns it into a 3ffa and a spammer. or 2 spammers on each side and 2 fighting in the middle. Either way, most people dont like the fact your causing damage and not gaining any. so they will of coarse disrupt that system aswell. I rarly actualy SEE a 4 person full brawl, every1 in middle, smash happy, like you do in the CPU fighting. Most people are smarter than to lead to total choas..
But what you DO see happen in a 4 person FFA when the weakiest link drops dead, somtimes your get a spammer hording prodjectials and 2 fighters on the other side. The pro will most likly use the prodjectial to his advantage.
Also what happens to me is that im ushaly the strongest link(a pun ^-^) and the 2 remaining have less lives and know whos the best, most systems in that case wount work for them so the only real way to deal with it is spammer + fighter to me(which I use prodjectial to my advantage and it hurts the fact of the others^^) or both mainly just aim for me were it becomes a 2v1(me being the 1...) Since this is also a factor In a FFA agian its why I prefer multi range multi hit guys with good recovery rather than a sinlge motion offencive guy like marth.. Id say a marth can handle 1 on 1 better than link but link handle a 2 on 1 better than marth even though chances are still low. But previding that the 2 v 1 is the 2 losers agianst the stronger and better player.
This is also why I try to Ballence the game by not targeting to eliminate 1 guy.
But the best counter is for the 3 guys to agree not do do anything and let 1 guy at a time fight untill 2 stock, then he switches. If I continue going after him I get doubled agianst him to defend and the next opponent and so on. So I can hald when they all attack at once cause there more likly to cause themself more damage for lack of experience in there range ability to my reciol abilitys. However, that means youd have to make enemys with all of them from the begining of the match. I mean, **** each and every1 of them off Before the match begins.
This is why I like to preserve my play time befor a FFA tourny most defenitly. In FFAs I care much more about studing all the opponents rather than showing my powers or even talking to acidently perhaps ofend others.. The FFA is a completly different mind game than that of a 1 on 1.[/COLOR]

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Since I always hated free for all, I can say this much

Marth. That blade is amazingly large, on top of that, all his slashes went through everyone. Just run smash, run smash, He had distance, even in free for all where it didn't matter, he could make distance anywhere. His recovery blows here practically, since everyone IS flying around.

LINK DUH, ****ing clearing move, amazing. Down smash, sexyly fast. Bomb distortion, lol. I can't say anything else, hes sexy in FFA mode.

Peach of course, not just her random beets, but her down smash will win. Just down smash alone will win matches.

Samus I don't agree with completely, but then again, I can't argue your points, so whatever there :-p.

As for worst... how bout ness and mewtwo. And Kirby. I don't say fox/falco, as to me they fall in the middle of crap and good. Skill isn't as reequired, and cheap shine kills and cheap spikes are nice here. I cna't get all technical now cause I just don't have it in me.

Posted by Mystic Hero

DarkBlade makes me feel like I'm a complete noob at Smash lol(Don't answer this Rob or I kilz you).

Anywa, I usually do 4 man FFA's for fun at some friends' houses. It's not to bad seeing as, what DarBlade said about 1 on 1 at one end of a stage is what happens most often. The only time our FFA's are completely random in who we choose to fight is when we are doing SSD with or with out items turned on. Then you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want.

As for characters I stick to Marthw hen I know who the two last guys will most likely be in the end of the match, me of course as one. Link is used to just **** people off.:) Falco/Fox I use to clown around with their speed and what not on other opponents. Samus can also be quite the dirty one with her grappling hook. It's easy to stop the attacks of two others simply by grabign one guy and thrusting him into the other. And of course add your follow up moves after, mainly a running attack, for when they recover to get in some more damage. Plus how can you not like her giant energy blast. I mean come on. If it doesnt hit the guy you are aiming at chances are it will hit one of the other two if they are to engrosed in their own little fight.:)

Posted by DarkBlade

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Black][FONT=Arial Black]Worst Guide Eva! [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1](but its true upon what it states..)[/SIZE][/FONT]
:(
[URL="http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=41170"]http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=41170[/URL]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]See, No effence to any peach players but this is what Im talking about!
He basicaly goes over what rolling in and when to use the peach up b... aswell goes over the comon sense points of ground dodge vs air.. puts in a few pro peach things that he cant even grasp like wallbombing and the mods respect him cause hes says hes>over 17,000 cept for a few. guess what. Im one of those few... but theres a small thin line from being the top 90% and a HUGE line from being the top 10% to 5%. That difference is like me to Ricky, DarkBulb to IKGost(sry but tis true^^) and such... He beat a bunch of otaku wanabi marths and top tier noob shieks/fox and is suddenly a valuable peach asset.. This is the guy who takes shield grabing as a godsent and thinks its imortal and rolles around with a downsmash hoping no1 figures out the weakpoint of a roll is the roll itself.. BAKA..
The fact that noob peaches get the better of most intermediates with ease. Now an official guide by the standard peach.(he does pretty good in FFA and gets a sticky guide... I won that tourny anyway.. hpm..)
Though I suport this guide upon FFA his 1 v 1 was that on a monkey with 1 hand...
[SIZE=1]sry.. got mad there..(not like me..)
[SIZE=2]
This peach player used Turnips, Shieldgrabbing and downsmash at the right time at that 17,000+ smash tourny and he gets a sticked guide..:((not sure if Im sad or mad)

anyway...
I agree whole heartedly upon most statements in here. IN every FFA match this peach was able to take less "Agro" then my link and all his stratigies. This was at my mainpoint of maddeness([SIZE=1]mad and crazy combined![SIZE=2]) This stratigy is agian not gona work at a Real tourny were every1 there is around a level of Dave Falco and TheCape Mario. Basicaly it was a better counter to my link stratigy to live even longer, keep less "agro" and do more damage with more defence. Peach is Clearing move + Recovery which is > to Links Range and Clearing move. I also decided theres another main point.
Defence: Peach > Link
Though Link can set up a wall of projectials done forget theres little room for these to come out, so the -Range that peach has isnt effected as much. Turnips do just fine in a FFA
From personal exp. This peach was a lowwer skilled person to 1 v 1 but superior to FFAs([SIZE=1]****ed me off 2..[/SIZE])
Even if I wanted to to go full agro on him his defence WAS his Clearing move, he would roll In the fray and every1 would fear the peach downsmash rather to what a link could do(also note peaches roll is better than links stat wise and defencive/offencive wise) Id end up getting in the fray with 2 noobs getting in my way. plus a peach could live longer than a link if both were to stand opposite sided prod whoring to the middle.. 5/5 matches he won clearly cause I got knocked out 3rd(the first guy died, peach>Link in lives and the noob would go after me...4/5 times this was and the 1/5th being me knocked out first:(:mad:)

Truly a turn of event to how I theorized on a FFA character...
Me >>> Him 1 v 1.
Him > Me FFA
So
Me= Skill and Him=alright
so theorlogicaly
Link > Peach 1 v 1 is not a true statement cause Im a higher variable(which is proven in counter charts and tier charts aswell the word of many link/peach players) but,
Peach > Link FFA is a true statement(Nooby peach beat a pro link)
So, if what I said 2 post ago is plausable. from my experience.
Peach=recovery, clearing move
Link=Range, clearing move.
cancling out the same variables
Peach=Recovery
Link=Range
So, If And Only If
Peach>Link in FFA
Then
Recovery>Range in FFA

This and im leaving out the main factor of Agro/Defence in FFA. But any1 with high school algebra 1 should grasp what I said. right?

Alot of this cvan be taken lightly seeing as he specificly just ****es me off.. In the end I won a multi match and wanted to do a 1 on 1 with him to show him his place and he disparts...:mad:
really got under me how he gets so much credit cause others couldent see behind it.. The "Line" between him and the "few" that beat him was about 1000+ hours of pure 1 v 1 training agianst that character.. the difference between him and the 17,000+ people is about 10 hours with some pro info help so any1 of them could beat him within a day or 2 with specific training..

So, dont take any of this to any extent, Im just expressing one of my more ager moments in the world of smash Its totaly not like me... so
:bash2:
6 smiles(im really not myself)

EDIT:
Upon thinking for a moment what I posted really wasnt to much use to a certain extent. The real reson why I hated this guide was it set noobs to go from noob to good noob and stay at that level for a long period time... The shield everything till you can grab or roll smash are the basic noob things. Ive had countless trainies in the past that figured this out themself and abused it to the point of it Hurting there gameplay Shielding after jumps and every point rather than a quick dash back or technical WD or so. USing rolling thing that the nearly 50% vunerable and predictable movment and defence would soon be predcted. These were the techniques that Worked for a noob to noob compitition HOWEVER from MUCH EXPERIENCE and training of others Ive seen a noob marth vs noob fox and the fox would ushaly win from using rolling with smashes and shield grabing everything he could. This eventualy lead to not realizing more effective things like range or counter movements of air. Things like Range and speed movement are learned by ones self are Very hard to teach. Ive seen countless 10 year old marth/fox/shiek prodigys and all had 1 weakness they nor had defece agianst range or any offencive range(if a range character was used) This is something mind games come in with Experience from natural gameplay and that of shield grabbing and marth rolling to forward smash or peach roll to downsmash will eventualy decrease the users level when both parties come into the more advanced play.

All in all this guide just tell how to beat a noob if you are a noob, but it will eventualy mainly hurt you if you use these tactics rather than using other things. I know from personal experience. when the game came out shield grabbing and rolling were things of play to get the advantage. going from noob to intermediete was much harder than that of training others when I told them not to always shield everything making them vunerable while stopping and rolling. This is why we NEVER see the pros stand around with a shield and roll around hoping to get a tilt/smash. This guide corupts the mind of young users abilitys, and whats worse, they agree that it works(for now,) it will take them a much longer time to learn to dodge shield grabs and counter than ifd they wernt to abuse such a noob tactic..
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]