Second thoughts.....

Posted by ExoXile

Well, i'm starting to get second thoughts about MK: DS and i'm thinking of returning it (Have about 5 days left).

I know the game is awesome INDEED!
But, i have never had any intrest in racing games before and yeah.....
Feels like i've done everything i can in the game... it's getting boring sadly...

I was thinking of getting some other game or save up for one (The suckers are expensive in Sweden :(, the Wi-Fi connector however i'm keeping -for-such-as-animal-crossing-and-Metroid Prime: Hunters-)

ANYHOW!

I need all of yers opinions!
Make me NOT return it!

Posted by R3N3G4D3

dude theres infinite replay with the wi-fi

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting R3N3G4D3: dude theres infinite replay

That's what's getting boring, the R-E-P-L-A-Y :(.

Posted by Special Agent Bob

[quote=ExoXile]R-E-P-L-A-Y :(.
R-E-P-L-A-Y sucks!

Posted by Drewboy64

What about beating all of grand prix, unlocking time trial ghosts, doing missions? And you should really get some friends over and play, because that'd be super fun. I advise against returning it because it's good, but ah well.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Drewboy64: What about beating all of grand prix, unlocking time trial ghosts, doing missions?

I've done all that already :).

Quoted post:
And you should really get some friends over and play, because that'd be super fun.

I have, and I thought it was hypra fun at first!
But... the it all just felt like a loop, i hate loops :p:.

[quote]I advise against returning it because it's good, but ah well.
Good indeed!
Or even great... to my thinking.

Same with F-Zero, but then the "loop" starts and it gets boring :(.

Posted by Drewboy64

well, if it's not to your taste I guess you should return it or whatever...

Posted by nich

Well my friend, to me it sounds racing games are not your thing. Loops are exactly what they are, and replay, replay is involved. If youre not happy with it, return it and get something that will spark your interest a little more. Who knows maybe someday when it comes down in price you can buy it again, just for the hell of it.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Drewboy64: well, if it's not to your taste I guess you should return it or whatever...

I will probably end up doing so, and then regret it :p:

------

And nich, great idea! :)

Posted by Shade

No! I need somebody that I can beat online. :(

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Shade: No! I need somebody that I can beat online. :(

Sorry, i already returned it :(.
And, meh.
I did beat you... once? :(

Posted by Drewboy64

all these frown faces :(
lets make a smiley face! :)
Yeah, it's a shame you don't like mario kart as much as I do. I just played ten races in a row. Heh.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

The thing that always struck me about Mario Kart was how much every was was different. I've never felt that it 'looped' at all, simply because of the unpredictability of the items, and playing with friends around your skill level.

Posted by casperbird

Mario Kart is suppost to be good. It's popular, but I haven't been on the game before.

I'd just like to add that when you've completed the game, it's only online and multiplayer that gives it any replay value, unless you've got OCD and go for three stars on everything.

Posted by GameMiestro

You've completed everything? You've unlocked every single ghost, character, and have a 3 star rating on every single course and mission? Whether this is true or not, I would suggest keeping the game because I don't know of any store dumb enough to let you buy a game and then let you return it weeks later for a full refund, simpily because you dont like it.

If you truely are bored, return it and get American Skateland. The game is huge, and wi-fi games are endlessly amusing. And there is online scoreboards, with replays... how I wish that was in Mario Kart!

Quoting GameMiestro: I don't know of any store dumb enough to let you buy a game and then let you return it weeks later for a full refund, simpily because you dont like it.

I do. :)

Also, American Sk8land is only huge because it's got thirteen characters on Classic mode. Story mode is very short - WiFi play, though, is much more entertaining than MKDS, even if it is mroe flawed.

Posted by Mystic Hero

To me MK is only fun when you have friends to play with, either near you with teh wireless play, or far away with Wifi play. Other than that, racing random people over and over gets tedious, especially if you tend to win a lot. I wish Nintendo would have included all stages to be playable on wifi and throw in some wifi battle mode. That might have spiced up play a little so that if you are tired of aimlessly racing around tracks for hours and hours, you can kick back with some battle mode. I would ahve also liked to see some combatants in the courses, maybe as a set option or only for battle mode if they had it.

Posted by maian

I haven't bought Mario Kart yet, but I also don't know if I should. I have beaten practically everything on my cousin's game. All the cups, mirror mode, etc. I was very tempted to buy it, when we played multiplayer. Simply because with shy-guy mode, the maps and selection is extremely limited. =/ I would love to play Block Fort with someone else...

One player though, can be a hassle. It seems in this game, moreso then in any other Mario Kart, has an extraordinary ability to screw you over 10 feet before the finish line. I get hit with a blue shell literally every other race (or more) and the items pretty much always suck in the leading positions. Eh..

...Okay, so this point doesn't really have much relevance to the thread. :(

It's because karts now have an Item stat. Even with Items as full as it'll go, you only really tend to get bananas, green shells, and faxe boxes in first place. It's worked like that in every MK game.

But because of that, when playing online, the itmes are skewed much more closely - if you're third you do seem to get an inordinate amount of blue shells and Bullet Bills.

Posted by GameMiestro

I've played battle-mode multiplayer, and I find it to be much more fun than normal races. To bad there's no wi-fi though...