Creepshow

Posted by Buneasta

Hey, this film scared the crap out of me when I was a kid, and I think you should definitely track down a copy of this classic film. Don't let the cover put you off, this film is alot of good creepy fun.

When I was only six I think, I turned on the TV late one night and saw these two men trying to open this box. I had no idea what was in the box but I then saw one of them get ripped apart by this monster inside the partially opened box, because he put his arm inside to touch what he thought was diamonds. The other guy was a professor and he fled. In the hall, he sees this guy called Charlie and tells him that the janitor has been killed by the thing in the crate. Charlie doesn't buy his story until he sees the remains of the janitor all over the room they were in but the crate has gone back under the stairs where it was originally found. I'm not sure what the thing was, but it looked like a Yeti with lots of sharp teeth, and it was named "Fluffy" by Tom Savini, the same guy who designed Jason from Friday the 13th.

Charlie goes near the crate and gives a mangled shoe to Dexter, and the thing then jumps out at Charlie from out of nowhere. Charlie trys to escape but becomes the creature's next meal. He also made a joke about it which was quite funny in a black comedy sort of way.

Dexter goes to his friend's house and explains to Henry that two men were killed by the crate creature. Henry then spikes Dexter's drink. Henry has this wife who is a complete cow and he even has dreams in daylight about shooting her and being applauded by their guests.

So Henry goes to the place where Dexter was going to open the old crate. Henry left a note for his wife Wilma and she comes to the place with the crate. Henry has mopped up all the blood and then attacks Wilma and trys to wake up the monster in the crate after telling her that Dexter attacked a lady and he Henry was holding Charlie's glasses. I won't tell you what comes next, but this film has four other funny/scary stories, although the one about the bugs is difficult to sit through.

There was a Creepshow 2, but stick with this one. Stephen King made his acting debut in this movie as Jordy Verill and he finds a meteor which turns everything into moss. His son Joe is the boy who had the Creepshow comic before his father threw it in the garbage. There is an interesting cameo by Ed Harris.

All of a sudden, beaches aren't relaxing.

Posted by Mixhael

I watched the tape of it when I was in highschool. Thought it was pretty entertaining and such. It was really weird to see Leslie Nielson in a part like that, but yeah. It's always $5.00 on DVD so anyone who hasn't seen it should just buy it for the price of renting it.

Posted by Buneasta

When George Romero, Stephen King and Tom Savini get together you know you're going to have 2 hours of good creepy fun.