MeTaL

Posted by rudybaga2

anyone no any underground heavy/thrash/speed metal bands.im all ready into..anthrax,bls/zakk wydle,kind diamond,metal church,slayer,iced earth,metalium,overkill,helloween,rigga mortis.or if no any sites like [url]www.metalrules.com[/url] that i can goto would be very greatfull

Posted by Klarth

[url]www.metal-archives.com[/url]

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

try other stuff too

Posted by Lord of Spam

Seriously, metal is sooooo overdone and overrated.

Look into something else. Diversify, broaden your horizens, etc.

Posted by Klarth

I listen to a fair amount of electronic stuff to complement it. And Dire Straits, too. Can't go wrong with them.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Lord of Spam: Seriously, metal is sooooo overdone and overrated.

You know, there are various genres of Metal, rite?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I'm pretty sure he knows that. While I like metal, people that listen to nothing but metal annoy me as much as people who listen to nothing but rap/pop/country/etc

Posted by Pit

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I'm pretty sure he knows that. While I like metal, people that listen to nothing but metal annoy me as much as people who listen to nothing but rap/pop/country/etc

I don't think there's such thing as being tied to one genre as usually certain genres have to do with one another.

There's plenty of good metal, and there's plenty of **** there as well.

I just hate it when people say broaden your horizons because you didn't specifically mention any other bands outside the genre.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I'm pretty sure he knows that. While I like metal, people that listen to nothing but metal annoy me as much as people who listen to nothing but rap/pop/country/etc

Posted by Shin-Ra

Listen to more Beheaded. Metal-Observer.com can be helpful when M-A is down.

Yeah, I like to listen to a lot of music other than metal. I don't like to get too comfortable with one style of music and therefore get desensitized to its greatness.

Posted by Richaod

What's with the whole BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS thing? If he asks for underground thrash bands, you're not supposed to say "YOU MUST LISTEN TO OTHER GENRES OF MUSIC, *****", you're supposed to do what he asks and make suggestions based on what HE LIKES, not on what you like.

Thrash. Um, I quite like Testament (general thrash with good solos), Dark Angel are okay (I think they had Gene Hoglan, they're sort of Slayer-ish), and of course there's the big four; Metallica, Megadeth etc.

As for Grip, Inc. - I thought their first album was really boring.

Posted by netman

Quoting Richaod: What's with the whole BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS thing? If he asks for underground thrash bands, you're not supposed to say "YOU MUST LISTEN TO OTHER GENRES OF MUSIC, *****", you're supposed to do what he asks and make suggestions based on what HE LIKES, not on what you like.

Thrash. Um, I quite like Testament (general thrash with good solos), Dark Angel are okay (I think they had Gene Hoglan, they're sort of Slayer-ish), and of course there's the big four; Metallica, Megadeth etc.

As for Grip, Inc. - I thought their first album was really boring.

Listened to incorporated you ****nut

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

richoad, we were all really just directing that comment towards you, knowing you'd reply to this thread. Right guys?

Posted by Richaod

Quoting netman: Listened to incorporated you ****nut

I will. Eventually.
[quote=Bj Blaskowitz]richoad, we were all really just directing that comment towards you, knowing you'd reply to this thread. Right guys?
Sure you were.

Hey, he asked for some underground thrash bands. Shin-Ra (...maybe Klarth too) was the only person who actually made a decent comment, (some of) the rest of you were all like, "YOU'RE NARROW-MINDED".

Even if you do want him to listen to some non-metal, at least point him in the right direction. Seriously.

Posted by MetalVox~55

in before Richaod ruins another perfectly capable thread in the music foru--...
Blast, foiled again!

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Richaod: Dark Angel are okay (I think they had Gene Hoglan, they're sort of Slayer-ish)

That's correct, Gene Hoglan was in Dark Angel. And I wouldn't say that they're very "Slayer-ish" considering that Darkness Descends and Reign in Blood were released only a few months apart in 1986.

As for thrash, I recommend Kreator (Pleasure to Kill), Sepultura (Morbid Visions), and Dark Angel (Darkness Descends) to you.

Interestingly, all the above albums were released in 1986.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting MetalVox~55: in before Richaod ruins another perfectly capable thread in the music foru--...
Blast, foiled again!

[quote=Bj Blaskowitz]try other stuff too
How insightful, telling someone to do something completely irrelevant when they specifically ask for something. Wonderful reference point; he can get right on trying other stuff!

Downward spiral, whatever. Just more "THERE'S OTHER MUSIC ASIDE FROM METAL YOU KNOW" posts.

You of all people should be able to recommend good metal bands when they're asked for.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Richaod: How insightful, telling someone to do something completely irrelevant when they specifically ask for something. Wonderful reference point; he can get right on trying other stuff!

Downward spiral, whatever. Just more "THERE'S OTHER MUSIC ASIDE FROM METAL YOU KNOW" posts.

You of all people should be able to recommend good metal bands when they're asked for.

God forbid I don't recommend a band. Who are you, my mother now?

You wanna listen to some metal, listen to Opeth. Anything else would just be unnecessary.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting MetalVox~55: God forbid I don't recommend a band. Who are you, my mother now?
"YOUR MOTHER"... or not.
[quote=MetalVox~55]You wanna listen to some metal, listen to Opeth. Anything else would just be unnecessary.

I agree with the first sentence.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

i'd just like to put my two cents in, directed at richaod: metal is so totally gay and not the only thing out there and people should listen to everything and broaden their horizons. remember, metal = so totally gay.

now imagine me bowing out of this conversation like the cover of david bowie's "heroes".

Posted by Pit

Quoting rivercitytecmo: metal is so totally gay and not the only thing out there and people should listen to everything and broaden their horizons. remember, metal = so totally gay.

shut up

Idea: How about you broaden your horizons and listen to metal.

Posted by rudybaga2

lmfao im srry i havent been keeping up on this thread forgot i made it.yes there are other genre of metal and i think there to many(and im also theophoic to an exctent,look it up) that have been created for stupid reasons like NU-metal,this is the stupidest genre ever kreated korn,distured,S.O.A.D,icp,slapnuts .come on now why couldnt they just stick with prog-metal. like i said im a vocals guy i like to understand what the heck there yelling about thats why i dont like death metal,evan tho i can put up with six feet under. i like testament evan tho iv only heard a 12 sec clip cause iv been listening to flotsam and jetsam.i dont like metallicrap anymore to me there like stryper in a way metallica was good in the early days and lars screwed it all up,now there not evan metal to me,the guy that went megadeath i think made them metal.stryper they were god lovin crack hores and the worst band ever now there trying to be like slayer...yes theres other typs of music to but im also a racist i live in maine and i just hate rap and country,i like techno to and hard rock..i might be talking about me,me,me but o well, thanks everyone for your in put

oh and thanks everyone for not correcting me .king diamond...kind HAHAH,,,anthrax,zakk wylde(Black Lable Society),flotsam and jetsam,overkill,metal church(RIP david wayne),metalium,helloween,iced earth,slayer,D.R.I,turbo negro,mushroom head,testament,death angel,dark angel,wizard,manowar,probot,judas priest,alice in chains,faith no more,weird al yankovic,red hot chilli peppers,gorillaz,suicidal tendencies,queen,depeche mode,bolt thrower,hammerfall,gamma ray,dio,cold play,W.A.S.P,skid row,savatage,king diamond,ratt,blind guardian,hammerfall,dokken,saxon,rigga mortis.. i forgot i had this on another site so i thought i would post it

Posted by sqwibby

HAHAH i dont no how to read im dislectsic(typo)

Posted by sqwibby

now lets back on metal...klarth your from the U.K what are some good heavy/speed/thrash bands over there like rigga mortis or moterhead

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting sqwibby: heavy/speed/thrash bands over there like rigga mortis or moterhead

Instead of just the UK, try:
Heavy - US, UK (NWOBHM)
Speed - Germany
Thrash - US and Germany

Albums:

Thrash:
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Testament - The Legacy
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Sodom - Agent Orange
Metallica - Ride the Lightening
Exodus - Bonded by Blood
Naglfar - Sheol
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves

Speed:
Annihilator - Alice in Hell
Angel Dust in general (depends on the era though)

Heavy:
Venom - Welcome to Hell
Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales and To Mega Therion

Good stuff from England: Carcass, Venom, Judas Priest.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Shin-Ra]Good stuff from England: Carcass, Venom, Judas Priest.
, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Threshold. k

[quote=sqwibby]klarth every f-in post of mine you have to argue about something or say im a stupid moron so you can sound like the intelgent one.
You shouldn't be here anyway. Learn to post and we'll talk.

edit:

[quote]Other than someone to breed with, what the hell is a mate?
colloquial slang for "friend" in britain and australia, but I don't think that's what he means. Maybe he meant meat. uh

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Klarth: Deep Purple

k :cool:

+Anathema, and others I completely forgot.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I moved this retarded side argument to the Community Board, where I believe it was deleted. What a loss.

Get back on topic now plsthnx

Posted by chec

I enjoy metal music a lot

ps i suck and dont contribute anything of worth to anything

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

yeah, it was probably fate

k, I need more bands, preferably female fronted and orchestral-y.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Angelwing:
k, I need more bands, preferably female fronted and orchestral-y.

I like that I've been recommending bands from the same genre to you for about 2 years now. :cool:
Listen to some female fronted Trance or something. What I've heard has been excellent (from Corrupt way back when). By the way, I'm looking for any good electronica music if anyone feels like recommending some (I should make a thread on that).

Anyway, I despise all the little Neogoth Pop Metal Bands out there, so most of these recommendations aren't metal:

Aesma Daeva (electronic)
Anuna (vocal)
Avrigus (mostly ambient)
Blackmore's Night (acoustic folk)
Carved in Stone (acoustic and electronic ambient/folk)
Loreena McKennit
Mediaeval Baebes (folkish)
Ordo Funebris (ambient/folk)

Others I either hate or don't care about that you might like: Chalice, Lunatica, Mercury Rain, Theatre of Tragedy, Xandria. You've already heard Leaves Eyes, so no use recommending that. They're one of the only bands I can stand from that genre.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Shin-Ra:
Thrash:
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Testament - The Legacy
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Sodom - Agent Orange
Metallica - Ride the Lightening
Exodus - Bonded by Blood
Naglfar - Sheol
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves

Good list. All recommended (though I've ever heard the last two).

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I know you do, and I'm happy that you've introduced me to so many. But I need even more! That's the whore coming out in me.

Of the ones that you've mentioned (I specifically remember you telling me about Aesma Daeva) I listen to:

Aesma Daeva :cool:
Avrigus
Chalice
Lunatica
Theatre of Tragedy
Xandria

But I will definitely check out those others, thanks.

Posted by Klarth

To Angelwang I recommend:
Battlelore (like Rhapsody, just without the gay. Male and female vocals, some growls.)
Lumsk (female-fronted Viking metal)
Ulver (Themes From William Blake's Marriage of Heaven And Hell has a few songs with female vocals that I think you'd like)
Avantasia (not female-fronted and not strictly orchestral, but really ****ing operatic)

and there's my outwhoring done.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Kreator - Pleasure to Kill

I thought Enemy of God was better... more well-put-together anyways.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Klarth: To Angelwang I recommend:
Battlelore (like Rhapsody, just without the gay. Male and female vocals, some growls.)
Lumsk (female-fronted Viking metal)
Ulver (Themes From William Blake's Marriage of Heaven And Hell has a few songs with female vocals that I think you'd like)
Avantasia (not female-fronted and not strictly orchestral, but really ****ing operatic)

She's been getting recommendations from me for years, you think she'd go without hearing LumsK? As for Battlelore, she wouldn't like it. At all. Too many growls. Ulver and Avantasia would be good though, nicely done.

Vamp: I like that old, dirty thrash. I still haven't heard the new Kreator though, so I might like it.

Quoted post: Vamp: I like that old, dirty thrash. I still haven't heard the new Kreator though, so I might like it.

yeah, it's much more clean and technical. But due to that, you get better music overall.

I'll send you a song sometime.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Vampiro: I thought Enemy of God was better... more well-put-together anyways.

Not a chance . . . Enemy of God really only had the title track (which is a classic song, in my opinion), Impossible Brutality, and Suicide Terrorist, and those two weren't nearly as mind-blowing as the first. The CD fell apart really after the first 3 or 4 tracks. And Voices of the Dead is definitely the worst song on that whole Cd. Pleasure to Kill has so many classic tracks. I would listen to Ripping Corpse alone over the whole Enemy of God, and that's not even mentioning Pleasure to Kill, Riot of Violence, The Pestilence . . .

. . . not to mention the lyrics are slightly more entertaining:

my only aim is to take many lives
the more the better i feel
my only pleasure is to hear many cries
from those tortured by my steel
the colour of your blood from your open body
is all i wanted to see
tasting the blood from your lips as you die
means satisfaction to me
pleasure to kill

...?

Posted by father o'blivion

Quoting rivercitytecmo: i'd just like to put my two cents in, directed at richaod: metal is so totally gay and not the only thing out there and people should listen to everything and broaden their horizons. remember, metal = so totally gay.

now imagine me bowing out of this conversation like the cover of david bowie's "heroes".

how could they imagine that when they haven't seen album art that didn't feature fire, skulls, chains, angels, dragons, or tombstones?

riddle me this rivercitytecmo!

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Angelwing: k, I need more bands, preferably female fronted and orchestral-y.

Stream of Passion. I guarantee you'll like them.

After Forever, Epica and Leaves' Eyes (to save Klarth from having to say them) too.

Posted by basterd

Sence this is the true metal thread we can restart. Rudybaga2 pretty much said most of the bands I listen to. What bands do you listen to in the METAL genre? any and all types of genres as long as its metal(NU-metal should not count but go ahead)

Posted by Shin-Ra

Posts like that embarrass me for some reason. Like I should take responsibility for the kids obsessed with REAL F-ING WAR METAL MIXED WITH BARBARIC HATE vs awful nu-metal we all listened to at some point but now hate.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Angelwing: k, I need more bands, preferably female fronted and orchestral-y.

Anything from Beto Vazquez Infinity.
"Realm Of Darkness" by Darkwell.
"Princess Aurora" by Luca Turilli.
"Herr Mannelig" by Haggard. More people should listen to Haggard.
"Fairy Ring" by Gary Stadler. Promise me you'll listen to this one, k?

If you like those, check out the following.

"Dark Whispers" by Silentium. The female singer isn't in it much, but it is definitely an excellent song that I have overplayed since I discovered it. Actually, the girl's barely singing in it, so forget this one.
"Stirb Nicht Vor Mir" by Rammstein is a excellent song with a female singer in it. If you don't already know it, you might want to check it out.
Oh, and just for the record, "Byttingen" is a beautiful Lumsk song.
"Shining" by After Crying.
"Parisienne Moonlight" by Anathema.
"The Loser's Ball" then, if you liked, check out "A Poem for the Firmament" by Elvenking.
"Imaginary" or "Hello" by Evanescence.
"The Gael" by Cruachan.

And I know Stream of Passion was already recommended to you, but I wanted to double that recommendation. If you enjoyed Ambeon, you should enjoy Stream of Passion.

Posted by basterd

Anyone heard of The Great KAT? awesome awesome woman 10/10 ...anyone watch iron maidens new DVD. They said it has been delayed but if anyone else has seen it.

Quoted post: Anyone heard of The Great KAT? awesome awesome woman 10/10

She's obnoxious for no other point than to look badass.

Which pretty make backfires.

Posted by basterd

She's still a good guitar player. How many people do you no that can play classical music on a guitar as fast as she does

She's still an annoying *****. I don't care how good you are at playing guitar, if you suck as a person you suck as a musician.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting basterd: She's still a good guitar player. How many people do you no that can play classical music on a guitar as fast as she does

Please God, give me the strength to hold back...Must....resist...to get...involved...

..oh hell :(

Ye Olde List-o-Shredders-That-Kick-Her-***:
Yngwie Malmsteen
John Petrucci
Steve Vai
Michael Angelo Batio
Theodore Ziras
Rusty Cooley
Eric Johnson (not faster, but better)
Robert Marcello
Steve Morse
Buckethead (when he is serious)
Paul Gilbert

The Great Kat...yeesh :rolleyes:

Posted by Richaod

Quoting MetalVox~55:
Ye Olde List-o-Shredders-That-Kick-Her-***:
Yngwie Malmsteen
John Petrucci
Steve Vai
Michael Angelo Batio
Theodore Ziras
Rusty Cooley
Eric Johnson (not faster, but better)
Robert Marcello
Steve Morse
Buckethead (when he is serious)
Paul Gilbert
MetalVox~55

Right?...

He didn't include himself because it goes without saying.

Posted by Klarth

Steve Morse ftw.

How about a list of kicking bassists now? :D

Jaco Pastorius
Les Claypool
Flea
Lars K. Norberg
John Entwistle

I couldn't think of any else. Not too familiar with the names of certain bassists.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Vampiro: Jaco Pastorius
Les Claypool
Flea
Lars K. Norberg
John Entwistle

I couldn't think of any else. Not too familiar with the names of certain bassists.

Vic Wooten too.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth: Steve Morse ftw.

How about a list of kicking bassists now? :D

Billy Sheehan
John Myung
Tony Levin?
Chris Squire (whatever his name is, from Yes)

Well, I tried.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Dexter:
"Realm Of Darkness" by Darkwell.

You still remember that song? How long ago has it been since I sent it to you/told you about it? It has definitely been years.

Posted by Dexter

Oh, I believe you introduced that song to me back in 2001/2002. Beautiful song with wonderful imagery lyrics. I think of you every time I listen to it. Then you sent me that enchanted mixed CD a few years later and I chuckled when that song came on. You've introduced me to some great music since I've met you. Thanks. You've made my life better.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Dexter: Oh, I believe you introduced that song to me back in 2001/2002. Beautiful song with wonderful imagery lyrics. I think of you every time I listen to it.

Very much agreed. I played it for a wolven friend of mine just last week and he loved it as well. It is very catchy and really doesn't get stale even after repetitive listens. Oddly enough, it was one of the very few songs I found on Mp3.com that really appealed to me.

[quote]Then you sent me that enchanted mixed CD a few years later and I chuckled when that song came on. You've introduced me to some great music since I've met you. Thanks. You've made my life better.

*snugglepile*

Posted by basterd

I was watching MTV(which is very rare because they started to show the shi*test shows ever) And I saw "the sword",they were doing something with new bands and featured them, I liked them. If anyone can find there stuff(I haven't had the time research) please post it.Thank you