Firmware 2.60

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, you read that correctly. Sony's released 2.60 firmware...

[quote]Additions in this firmware update include:

Posted by rudybaga2

[url]www.slashdot.com/games[/url]

An anonymous reader writes "Spotted at MEMAP.ORG: 'Sony has quietly released a new firmware upgrade (version 2.60)
that adds WMA audio support, improvements to the web browser, a new RSS Channel menu item and support for
streaming audio and video.'" GamesIndustry.biz also reports on the new features.

Posted by Klarth

Well, y'know, that is kind of what I just said.

Posted by rudybaga2

o...rly? thats fasinating.who wants to read all that crap.i put it in simpilton terms

Posted by Pit

Quoting rudybaga2: o...rly? thats fasinating.who wants to read all that crap.i put it in simpilton terms

Umm, you wrote just the same amount as him. See his quote? It isn't that much, really. That, and his is spaced out making it easier on the eyes to read!

Now get out of my forum and never come back, or I'll do something. SOMETHING MEAN.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting rudybaga2: o...rly? thats fasinating.who wants to read all that crap.i put it in simpilton terms

How many times to we have to tell you to leave the fucking site? No one cares what you have to say in the slightest.

Anyway, I agree, Do NOT upgrade right now. Besides 2.0, there isn't really any reason for anyone to upgrade at all.

Posted by rudybaga2

[QUOTE=Velvet Nightmare]How many times to we have to tell you to leave the fucking site? No one cares what you have to say in the slightest.

yeah well **** you both..whats makes you better than everyone else.if no one liked what i had to say then no one would be posting at my boards..why dont you 2 make your own dam messege board if you think your better than everyone else. and so what if it was the same thing it was just from a diffrent source.stop quoting everyone in the god dam buisness..i think people can read and look it up them selfs

Quoting rudybaga2: yeah well **** you both..whats makes you better than everyone else.if no one liked what i had to say then no one would be posting at my boards..why dont you 2 make your own dam messege board if you think your better than everyone else. and so what if it was the same thing it was just from a diffrent source.stop quoting everyone in the god dam buisness..i think people can read and look it up them selfs

This is neither your damn board, nor even thread, so you can stop your yammering about said topic. We'll quote whom we please. If you don't like it, feel free to leave. We have our own well established traditions here that frankly don't need to be imposed upon by pointless, childish posters like yourself.

Posted by rudybaga2

blow it your ***

Quoting rudybaga2: blow it your ***

Think I've found a response so pointlessly stupid that I can make a new sig.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=rudybaga2]whats makes you better than everyone else.
Nothing, but we're certainly better than you.

And I seriously doubt you have a good message board going on if you're trying to hotlink to a picture on your desktop.

Posted by rudybaga2

how do i get the sign' to work?

Posted by muffla

i dnt have my psp yet but i am getting it tmew
how do you find out what version you have?
how can i get a good emulator?
are the emulatior games good and are theere enought of them?
can you watchin vidios on the internet( like at [url]www.break.com[/url] )?
do you still need to hack wipeout pure to get to the inter net??

sry for all the questions but you are the olny people to turn too in my time of need

help me vgchat your my olny chance ( <----- repeat that wile lookaing at a blue gilr and you might start a real bad trip)

Posted by Klarth

Firmware 2.50 is the best for running homebrew, so you should upgrade to that as soon as you get your PSP. Most shopbought PSPs come with 1.50 or 2.00 installed, which is USELESS for emulators and the like. Also, there's a neat homemade web browser called PSPBrick that you might want to check out, so get that too.

Quoting Klarth: Firmware 2.50 is the best for running homebrew, so you should upgrade to that as soon as you get your PSP. Most shopbought PSPs come with 1.50 or 2.00 installed, which is USELESS for emulators and the like. Also, there's a neat homemade web browser called PSPBrick that you might want to check out, so get that too.

I agree, you are going to want to go to "network update" as soon as you get your PSP, it's in the main menu. Head over there and upgrade the PSP to the highest firmware you can get, more than like 2.60 by the time you get it.

I also believe there is a new version of PSPbrick out as well, one that will work on 2.50+ firmwares. Make sure you run that as fast as you can, and you'll be right as rain.

Posted by muffla

i thought that pspbrick was a trojan?

Quoting muffla: i thought that pspbrick was a trojan?

No way! Trojans bruteforce their way in, this does no such thing!

Posted by Apathetic

So like how long does to usually take to hacked?

Posted by Klarth

1.00? Immediately.
1.50? About two weeks after release.
1.51 and 1.52? Never.
2.00? Took about two months, I believe.
2.01? All we have running is Tetris, but that took about four months.
2.50? The same sort of thing.
2.60? Nothing so far.

Posted by SolidFlying=W=

What exactly is WMA format?

Posted by muffla

windows media audio

i downloaded 2.60 becuase i didnt feel like looking for any of the older ones

i guess ill just have to deal with it untill it gets hacked

Windows Media format.

Posted by tomarn

WMA is Windows Media Audio