what do you think the best mp3 player is?

Posted by evancooleo

well i have played with one many times so i will have to say the ipod!

Posted by Richaod

Wrong board.

Even though I have an iPod, I'd have to say that a 40 GB iRiver is much better. More specs, more everything.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I'd have to say that a 40 GB iRiver is much better. More specs, more everything.

Have you tired that out yet? Someone showed me it and I was pretty impressed. Though I have no idea how well it works and whatnot.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Never heard of an iRiver...but a quick look at bestbuy.ca and it looks pretty neat. About the same price as an iPod.

Posted by NegativeTrend

I recently got a Creative Nomad Zen Xtra 30GB for $200 and am nothing but impressed. Played with an iPod before but for $100 les and 10GB more I would still stick with my Creative Nomad. I am not saying it is the best mp3 player though, it really is the users preference.

Posted by evancooleo

Is it as easy to put songs on the I river and the Nomad as it is the ipod?

Posted by NegativeTrend

You open the application, select the songs you want then hit the arrow and your done.

Posted by evancooleo

man thats cool....BUT it would be cooler if people would stop leaving me bad rep...waaaaaah waaaah

Posted by f4phantom2500

definitely the iriver hard drive players. i was looking for an ihp-120 but can hardly find one. 20gb, ive found them $50 cheaper than ipod "equivalent" (on ebay), fm tuner, twice the battery life, better sound, and the 2 best parts: NO software needed, just drag and drop songs, and you can use it as an external hard drive to transport any kind of file. hey replaced it with the 320, which is a tad more expensive than a 20gb ipod i believe, but its well worth it imo, color screen (very very nice one from what i hear), view jpegs, and i read on some forum once that with a firmware update you can even watch movies on it.

Posted by Map42892

Quoting evancooleo: man thats cool....BUT it would be cooler if people would stop leaving me bad rep...waaaaaah waaaah

if you complain about it, they'll give you even more bad rep.

Posted by loony636

The iriver is the best out of the ipod or the Creative Zen. A 40 GB (which is what I have) uploads songs by just dragging and dropping them. No extra programs. It can play movies and any type of music (.wav, .mp3, .m4a, etc). It has a colour screen so it can also play movies (they have to be avi encoded though...) but its a very small screen. It is clearly supiriour to all other HDD mp3 players!

Posted by loony636

Quoting f4phantom2500: and i read on some forum once that with a firmware update you can even watch movies on it.

That is correct, I have a 40GB iRiver, and they just released a firmware update that allows it to play movies. You have to get an avi encoder though... Oh well, its still awesome.