Special gaming peripherals

Posted by Fate

Have any of you ever bought some gimmicky peripheral-like thing from a video game?

I bought the Limited Edition Hori Dragon Quest Controller. I actually reserved it. Pictures of our adventures later. I love that thing.

Posted by Big Boss

I remember being given a Capcom arcade-style controller for my SNES intended for Street Fighter II. I've also gotten Ken, Ryu and Akuma controllers for the PS2 and an M.Bison one for the Xbox (in light of Street Fighter's 15th anniversary). I also have a PS2 Sub-Zero controller released around the time of Mortal Kombat: Deception.

Posted by Ant

I'd like the Street Fighter Joystick pad that came out for the Aniversary collection.

Heh, or perhaps even the Resident Evil 4 chainsaw controller, looks badass. Although, they say the GC version is hard to use. I would just use it for looks most likely. :cool:

Posted by Klarth

I've used the chainsaw for SSBM, and it was pretty cool. Yet to try it with RE4 though, as I haven't actually played it yet.

I'd like to know the verdict on Gametrak.

Posted by Speedfreak

I remember having that arcade joystick thing for the NES. Think it was called the NES Advantage, or something. I found the normal controller easier to use.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The NES lightgun was the only thing Ive ever had along those lines. I used to want the huge light bazooka thng for SNES though. It looked so hardcore.

Quoting Fate: Pictures of our adventures later. I love that thing.

Rumble function?