DragonForce signs with Roadrunner

Posted by Richaod

http://www.dragonforce.com/news.shtml

Apparently for the UK, France, New Zealand and Australia only. Well, this should be interesting. Given that I already have their leaked CD from next year (getting In Flames' 2006 release too), there's obviously no chance of "selling out", etc. like people seemed to think with Opeth.

Basically, their new album Inhuman Rampage is just more of the same ridiculously technical/fast power metal, but with more emphasis on the keyboards. I'd definitely recommend it to any fans of shredding or really, really cheesy music if you haven't heard any of their songs already.

Oh, and the first song from Inhuman Rampage can be found [url=http://www.agjs34.hemscott.net/DragonForce-Through_the_Fire_and_Flames.mp3]here[/url]. There were so many people downloading it from their official site that it actually crashed at one point. :P

Posted by netman

Dragonforce are overrated.

Oh and OMGYOUHAVETHELEAKEDALBUMSOOMMMMGGGGGGG theres your response :cool:

Posted by Klarth

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :crying:

wait i don't listen to dragonforce, i just had to do that because nothing good ever comes out of signing with roadrunner :(

Posted by MetalVox~55

Teehee, Power metal

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :crying:

wait i don't listen to dragonforce, i just had to do that because nothing good ever comes out of signing with roadrunner :(

Ghost Reveries was great; far superior to Blackwater Park in my opinion.

Perhaps their legions of mighty fans will smite Herman Li with tempered, metaphorically flaming blades of steel. Who knows?

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Dragon Force is alright. The vocals are cheesy and crap though, usually I just skip to the blistering fast solo. Herman lee is a amazing shredder.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Shin_Akuma: Dragon Force is alright. The vocals are cheesy and crap though, usually I just skip to the blistering fast solo. Herman lee is a amazing shredder.

The vocals alone are cheesy? ... *ahem*

Posted by Shin-Ra

Dragonforce is great. I put them alongside Hammerfall and Nocturnal Rites in my list of cheesy Power Metal bands that are just fun to listen to. Them signing onto Roadrunner isn't that big of a deal to me. I mean... it's Dragonforce. I doubt they'd ever find a mainstream audience and "sell out" for the pure and simple fact of who they are.

Posted by Pit

I like DragonForce. I mean, yeah the vocals are cheesy and so are the lyrics. All pertain about Dragons and fending off evil, but it's cool to listen to nonetheless.

Cry of the Brave omfg :(

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Pit: I like DragonForce. I mean, yeah the vocals are cheesy and so are the lyrics. All pertain about Dragons and fending off evil, but it's cool to listen to nonetheless.

Cry of the Brave omfg :(

If anyone wants an idea of DragonForce-style lyrics... go [url=http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Dragonforce-lyrics/7945C74412D8CBBE48256CF0002F99C0]here[/url]. And look at any of the links.

Seriously...
[quote]On the black wind forever we ride on together
Destroying your evil with freedom our guide
When the master will call us
He'll stand high before us
Our hearts filled with splendour
Our swords will shine over the light
A prize for whoever can guess which song this is from, as the lyrics are all so similar that it's virtually impossible to tell the difference. :(

Posted by MetalVox~55

Dragonforce are fast power cheese metal with above-par guitar leads. Other than that, there isn't much to be said about them. I don't care what label they're on, because after listening to them for a while, the songs all sound the same. FASTFASTFASTCHEESECHEESEFASTFASTLEADLEADLEADLEADFASTFASTCHEESECHEESEFASTLEADEND.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting MetalVox~55: Dragonforce are fast power cheese metal with above-par guitar leads. Other than that, there isn't much to be said about them. I don't care what label they're on, because after listening to them for a while, the songs all sound the same. FASTFASTFASTCHEESECHEESEFASTFASTLEADLEADLEADLEADFASTFASTCHEESECHEESEFASTLEADEND.

It's true. Their ballads are something different, but they collectively sound exactly the same too.

And their pre-choruses always sound like the chorus, but actually aren't. And they always have that weird vocal melody after the guitar solos end. And they steal melodies from themselves.

But I still like them.