The Devil May Cry 3 review is in!

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

I read this in my newest issue of Game Informer. I won't post the whole thing, but I will post the score and some other things.
Final score: 9
Replay value: High (which means that you're gonna be playing this game a LONG time!)
Quote: "Devil May Cry 3 is the hardest game I've played this generation. Yes, it's even harder than Ninja Gaiden (pre Hurricane pack)."

That's all I'll post. Anyone else see any reviews on this? I'm really not sure that there are any out... Maybe I should check my sources?

Posted by Boner

There is not a lot of meat to this steak you call news. Nonetheless, it is quite tasty.

Quoting Opeth: There is not a lot of meat to this steak you call news. Nonetheless, it is quite tasty.

Yeah, I know. I would post the whole review, but I don't have the time. But, seriously, harder than Ninja Gaiden? Is that even POSSIBLE? Jeez...

Posted by Boner

We can only hope...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Quote: "Devil May Cry 3 is the hardest game I've played this generation. Yes, it's even harder than Ninja Gaiden (pre Hurricane pack)."

I'll believe that when I see it.

Posted by boomstick

I agree Vampiro, Ninja Gaiden is one of the hardest games I've played in along time, saying a hack-n-slasher is harder is saying quite abit.

Posted by Bebop

I'm enjoying the first and although the 2nd doesnt seem as good I'll give this one a go. I'll rent it first. If I like or it's too short I won't bother buying a retail copy.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting boomstick: I agree Vampiro, Ninja Gaiden is one of the hardest games I've played in along time, saying a hack-n-slasher is harder is saying quite abit.

Ninja Gaiden and DMC are pretty much in the same genre, boomstick.

Still, I have to agree it's hard to believe that DMC3 is harder, but it's nonetheless an exciting possibility. After all, it was NG that dethroned DMC as the best pure action game available. Saying that it's harder than the Hurricane Packs is just crazy, though. I don't buy that.

Quoting Big Boss]

Posted by Big Boss

PSM, GI and NTSC uk have given the name a 9 out of 10.

Quoting Big Boss]

I know, I've played both titles....

Was hack-n-slasher not a good reference for DMC3 or Ninja Gaiden?

I'd always considered them in the hack-n-slash genre.

Posted by jmarr

hack-n-slash is right, but it's also 3rd person action.

Quoting jmarr: hack-n-slash is right, but it's also 3rd person action.

As far as I know, there is only one first person hack-n-slash game: Maken X for the Dreamcast. It was not very good, in my opinion. Innovative, maybe, but not very fun.

Posted by Lyger Samanosuke Phoenix

i have had the march issue of gi since feb i feel that it's gonna be a great game. i love devil may cry and this one will be a little hard to get used to thought cause of the stlye choosing but that also makes it all the better. i would be glad if this game did turn out to be ninja gaiden difficulty cause that would be so cool and sorta time consuming depending on how good you are at the game.

THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted post: Was hack-n-slasher not a good reference for DMC3 or Ninja Gaiden?

I'd always considered them in the hack-n-slash genre.

They're both definitely H'n'S.

But I think what BB means is that you said a H'n'S is harder than NG, when infact NG is a H'n'S itself. He was just correcting you saying they are both in the same genre... since you made it seem like they weren't. *shrugs*

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Read the IGN review to find out how hard this game is. According to IGN, the Japanese hard version of the game is actually the American's normal difficulty version.

THIS GAME WILL KICK YOUR A$$.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

I always think that's weird when the difficuly levels vary between country versions.

The average Japanese sucks at video games *Shrugs*

Posted by Bebop

I don't know, I've seen some pretty beefy videos of Japs laying serious funk down in games. Maybe it's just IGN that suck. It IS Ign afterall [/whip crack noise]

Posted by Big Boss

Developers always make games harder for the American audience. Long are the days when companies like Nintendo wouldn't ship what they deemed games too hard for America (Super Mario Bros. 2). Companies have learned their lesson, and the prime example is Ninja Gaiden (Xbox). He agrees that American gamers are more hardcore, and one needs to look no further than at the Master Ninja Tournament scoring to find out. It was all about the West Whooping.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The average Japanese sucks at video games *Shrugs*

They probably suck because they have to work and/or go to school for almost the whole day. At least, that's what I've heard.

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

The reader Review at IGn.com scored it it hi only one rated it below a 9.0 but beside that the game got hi ratings. So its going to be a great game (I hope)

Quoting sephiroth_theunborn: The reader Review at IGn.com scored it it hi only one rated it below a 9.0 but beside that the game got hi ratings. So its going to be a great game (I hope)

Actually, quite a few rated it below nine. But that means nothing really.

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/640/640426/articles.html

And it's high, not hi.

I've got more info on this. I watched the video review at Gamespot (8.6 was the score). Let me give you a quote:

"Devil May Cry 3 packs a deep, outstanding combat system, plenty of spectacular story sequences, and lot's of flair. Unfortunately, it's unbelievably, unreasonably difficult at first. Think of the most punishing game you've played in the last several years. Now, imagine that the second or third level of this game being harder than that." (That was from the written review)

Whoa. I'm in for some punishment. Apparently, it took the reviewer person two DAYS to get past the SECOND level. Wow. It also says that, after a while, you'll get it and it will be somewhat easier. Some advice the video review gave was to die a few times, get easy automatic, and start a new game on that. It also said "it says easy, but trust me, it's not."

That's all I have for right now.

Posted by Big Boss

Joe and Max, a couple of friends from school, are playing the game right now. They're both playing on Easy, and even there it's quite hard.

The harder difficulty of Ninja Gaiden is the one main thing I used to hold against DMC, but it seems Capcom addressed this very issue. Well done! I can't wait to play.

Oh, and...

Quoting Big Boss: [/color][/font]

LOL. Apparently, that thing he's talking to has never known true frustration.

Yay, I got the game and I've already given up! [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/Forum/ristar-cheer.gif[/IMG]

Though I'll probably try tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

Posted by PerpetualAngst

Harder than Ninja Gaiden?

At this point, yes. I found Ninja Gaiden was a little easier at the beinging . Though from what I hear, DMC3 gets easier while Ninja Gaiden almost continued to stay hard.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: At this point, yes. I found Ninja Gaiden was a little easier at the beinging . Though from what I hear, DMC3 gets easier while Ninja Gaiden almost continued to stay hard.

Ninja Gaiden's first chapter was basically a learning level.

What do you think of DMC3, thus far?

Quoted post: Ninja Gaiden's first chapter was basically a learning level.

Yeah, unlike DMC3 where they just throw you right into the action.

Quoted post: What do you think of DMC3, thus far?

Love it. Gamespot gave it way to low of a rating. If you enjoy a hard game, you should love this one. It's frustrating though, I found myself ripping at my hair more than a few times, but it's worth it. The action is intense, very quick, and very fluid. So far, I perfer trickster mode. I tried both swordmaster and gunslinger, but I couldn't control them well enough.

9.5/10,

Quoting Vampiro: Yay, I got the game and I've already given up! [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/Forum/ristar-cheer.gif[/IMG]

Though I'll probably try tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

Everybody gives up on that game. I, however, have stuck with it and have almost finished the game. Once I finish the game, I shall post my review on here. Also, my friend, who's beaten it (codes...), showed me the demon world. It looks AWESOME. I can't stress enough how awesome it looks.

Posted by Pit

Quoting PerpetualAngst: Harder than Ninja Gaiden?

Harder than Hurricane Pack Volume 1.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, unlike DMC3 where they just throw you right into the action.

Love it. Gamespot gave it way to low of a rating. If you enjoy a hard game, you should love this one. It's frustrating though, I found myself ripping at my hair more than a few times, but it's worth it. The action is intense, very quick, and very fluid. So far, I perfer trickster mode. I tried both swordmaster and gunslinger, but I couldn't control them well enough.

9.5/10,

Oh, glad to hear it, I loved the first DMC and I enjoy a good challenge, I hope to check it out soon.

Quoting Pit: Harder than Hurricane Pack Volume 1.

No, I actually found it easier than that. Of course, I WAS playing on Easy. I don't know what difficulty you were playing on, though. Maybe Hard? I've heard Dante Must Die mode is harder than both hurricane packs combined.

Quoted post: Everybody gives up on that game. I, however, have stuck with it and have almost finished the game.

Yeah, I just finised it today. I took a day off work to do it though... but it was worth it. Of course that was easy mode, and I shall attempt the hard difficult tomorrow. Should be fun...

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, I just finised it today. I took a day off work to do it though... but it was worth it. Of course that was easy mode, and I shall attempt the hard difficult tomorrow. Should be fun...

I barely started hard mode yesterday at my friends house (which is where I beat it in the first place). Prepare for the beating of your life. It's **** near IMPOSSIBLE. I'm gonna stick with it, though.