Can anyone help me with the thousand year door.

Posted by thug2777

Im stuck were your in the great tree and you have the flying jabble things. When ever they get close to you, they come after you and attack the punnie. then it dies and you have to start all over. i stuck so could anyone get me through that.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

How many Punies do you have? You have to have the same amount of Punies as there are Jabbies to fight them off. If you don't have enough, go back to the elder and ask her to call all the free Punies back to you, or go look around and see if you missed freeing any of the imprisoned Punies.

Posted by Corrupt

I remember that I had the same problem when I faced the Jabbies [or whatever the hell they're called]. I'm not sure if this is valid advice, but just go after the Jabbies and hit them as hard as you can; give them all you've got. That seemed to work for me the second time around, since the first time I was kind of reluctant to go after them because my little Puni army was dropping fairly quickly. Oh, and also try utilizing Flurrie's wind breath, maybe while pounding them into submission.

Posted by Map42892

when i played, i had the correct amount of punies, but the jabbies still wiped them out. what i did to win, was to just stand a way from where they are fighting, and when you are done, there will still be a ton of punies left and no jabbies to deal with.

Posted by thug2777

I understand but how do you get the punnies across that one place theres like a hole in the ground.

Posted by Map42892

this may sound strange, but i believe i walked very quickly, in between the holes, because if you move quicker the punies move in a thinner line behind you.

don't worry, the game gets more fun after chapters 1 and 2.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Yes, they'll follow you in a line on the narrow paths, and i don't think they'll fall off unless you do.

Or are you talking about the place with the bubbles? If so, push them all fall off the platform, and they'll get caught in bubbles and float up. Then use Flurrie's field ability to blow them over to the other side.

Posted by Map42892

they may come up slow, be patient...

Posted by thug2777

yes im talking about that round circle with the bubbles but how do you get them to go off of the ledge into the colorish bubble stuff.

Posted by Corrupt

Use Madame Flurrie's wind breath to blow them off the ledge into the bubbly pool, then when they come back up, blow them over to the other side.

Posted by thug2777

ok im up to the part where you have to finda pinatas daughter where is she?

Posted by Map42892

i think u had to find her twice in the game... i think the first one was at the ship port, and the second on keelhaul key.

Posted by thug2777

ok i got it and how do you get the egg on top of the hot dog cart hingy and how do you kill the twin spike things the (rocks with spikes on their heads.

Posted by thug2777

Im at the part of the thousand year door where you have to get the egg off of the top of the kart but i dont know how to do. Please i need help

Again..

Posted by Corrupt

Argh, I should really start playing that game again... :( I'm afraid I can't help you with that now.

Anyway, your best bet would be to check out [url=http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/paper_mario_2_a.txt]GameFaqs[/url]. (I set it to one of the FAQs for Paper Mario 2 for added convenience). Gotta love 'em.

Posted by Tails

Easy. Over by the Juice Bar, you'll se a big ol' ! switch. Poundground on tpo of it and some paper-thin stairs will appear leading to the roof of the juice bar. There's a good badge there and you'll also find a spring that will take you to a Paper Airplane launch pad. It takes a few tries, but you'll be able to get on top of the Hot Dog shop.

Now heres a Q) Why does the baby Yoshi change colors? On the box of the game, he's green and has red hair. When I meet him on my first game, he was orange and had blue hair. 2nd time around, he was green again. What's up with that?

Posted by Morag2

I'm not exactly sure but the Yoshi egg has something to do with how long you carry the egg for... It has like 8 different colours and over a period of 20 minutes it cycles through all 8 of them... so if you time it right you can choose your colour... [url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url] will have a better explanation somewhere.

Edit: Here we go, I found stuff about the yoshi. Everything below is quoted from gamefaqs.

Alright folks, you've heard that there's different colored Yoshis but you may be confused about how to get the color you want for your partner. Well fear not, for I provide here a complete guide for how the game determines colors and how to control the one you get.

First, I will list the 7 Colors, in the order in which they Cycle:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Green Yoshi. Red Spikey Hair, Red Shoes, Orange Pants.
Red Yoshi. Green Spikey Hair. Green Shoes. Black Pants.
Blue Yoshi. Pink Spikey Hair. Pink Shoes. Sky Blue Pants.
Orange Yoshi. Blue Spikey Hair. Blue Shoes. Green Pants.
Pink Yoshi. Green E. Gadd Hair. Pink Shoes. Red Pants.
Black Yoshi. Red Spikey Hair. Yellow Shoes. Grey Pants.
White Yoshi (actually a very very light blue). Yellow Curly Hair. Red Shoes. Pure White Pants.

Here is what you should do

Get the Egg, fight your way up until you are 11th place, (next battle is the Iron Clefts), then Save at the block just outside

Go fight the Iron Clefts, Run Away on turn 1 (You can Tattle first if you want)

See what Color you get. Now you know what Color was in the egg when you saved.

Reset. You know what Color is in your egg now. So simply wait underneath the save block, doing absolutely nothing, until enough time has passed for you to get the appropriate color you want. Count in Minutes, do this by pausing the game, and waiting for the timer to tick off as many minutes as needed.

Here are the Minutes that need to pass to get each Yoshi, starting with Green Yoshi.

Green Yoshi + 6 minutes = Red Yoshi
Red Yoshi + 3 minutes = Blue Yoshi
Blue Yoshi + 2 minutes = Orange Yoshi
Orange Yoshi + 4 minutes = Pink Yoshi
Pink Yoshi + 3 minutes = Black Yoshi
Black Yoshi + 1 minute = White Yoshi
White Yoshi + 1 minute = Green Yoshi

Now it's important to not overshoot. If you have a green Yoshi, waiting 6 minutes only gets you Red Yoshi if you're at the start of his timer. If he's near the end, 6 minutes will get you Blue or maybe even Orange Yoshi. Because of this, save every few minutes and check what color you have, by fighting the iron clefts and running.

The Cycle takes 20 minutes to complete. And now you know. The end.

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, so it's got nothing to do with the questions you answer while meeting him, or how long it takes just to catch him in the first place. Cool, I'll remember that when I next check it out.

As for you, thug, I suggest you be more patient while playing through the game. Some parts are really hard, but they're only going to get harder as the game progresses and you're only on Chapter 3. You should try and be more independant or you'll eventually need assistance every step of the way. Keep trying and don't just give up to come and ask for help.

Posted by Morag2

During the course of paper mario I got online help perhaps 10 times but just for short times... like I didn't use one for a whole chapter. A game loses it's fun if you are reading off an internet site the whole time you play.

Posted by Tails

Huh? A challenging Mario game? lol

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, almost all RPG's are challenging. Even Pokemon had me turned around for a bit.

Posted by Morag2

I didn't find it to be particularly challenging in more then a few places... the final boss was pretty tough... but it was perhaps the most fun 30 hours I've had in a very long time.

Posted by Arczu

Dudes... I was stuck in the Creepy Steeple for 2 hours, because I didn't know you had to push that statue. Seriously, you have to use logic when figuring out some of these puzzles. Everytime I got stuck and figured it out, I was kicking myself for not seeing it in the first place!

I can't believe how much better the game got when I found out there was a freaking badge shop to the left of the second floor of the inn! I thought the NPC's were joking when they were talking about that. I just got the second Unsimplifier, and it's UBER-HARD to do a super guard, seriously.

But the star power is worth it. Everything starts out with a "Great!" rating and makes you time everything more precisely. I recommend you get those if you really like using specials.

Here, I got a question. During the battles, I notice that the background set usually falls after a big attack like Quake Hammer or something. Do objects randomly fall or are fired at the field between turns, or are they really triggered by certain things? It's annoying how just before my next turn, a fork skews Mario, and it's nearly impossible to guard on time. I'm in chapter... 6 I think, and they started to appear all of a sudden...

Posted by Tails

Basically random things happen when you pound the ground with your hammer. Now and then you will have something happen when you jump, but not as often as the hammer. Also, keep a good eye on the background: if it looks like it's swaying after you do an attack, it's gonna fall. Here's a little head warining: beware the Pit of 100 Trials. It's hard! You may think once you reached the finnal floor (Pit 100), your safe. Wrong! You have to fight Bonetail, Hooktail and Gloomtail's brother! He has 200 HP, a Def. of 1 or 2, and a high attack power! I barely beat that fruit, and I was low on supplies! Thank goodness I had 2 life shrooms and 1 Jelly-Ultra! It's best to grab the bag expansion on level 50 (you'll be able to hold 20 items now!) and return to the surface to restock on the best on shrooms and syrups. (Save room by mixing mushrooms and syrups together. You need to give... Zess T. is it? You need to give her a cook book from Creepy Staple. Be sure to take her "trouble" request first, or no go, even if you have the book.) ...Wow. I rambled. Well, I hope this proves useful. And one last hint: Use Bombery (I think...) in your battle against Bonetail.