The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I remember reading the Chronicles of Narnia many years ago, and enjoying them quite a bit. I'm going to have to re-read them (or at least, the first one) before I see the movie. It's caught my interest, although I haven't seen a whole many previews for it. I'll probably go and see it in theatres when it's released. What about you guys?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

'll have to re-read the book sometime soon. But I am looking forward to it. It actually looks good. The only problem I see is the child actors. Never know who they'll turn out.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I've read the books about a zillion times over the course of my life, so I can tell the stories pretty well, and I'll be a fair judge about the accuracy of the film to the book.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I never really enjoyed the books too much, but by making it a movie, they may have made it mindless enough for my lack of effort in enjoying it overcome my not really caring all that much.

I might watch it once its out on tape or something, but I doubt I'll se eit in theaters.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

definitely going to see it

Posted by MetalVox~55

I'll see it, but I won't expect much from them. They weren't my favorite series.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I hope that they make movies out of CS Lewis's space Trilogy too. Those books were sick. The main character, Ransom, was based on J.R.R. Tolkein.

Posted by Pikamon

Heh, just like Treebeard was based off of C.S. Lewis.

I'll see this movie. I've read all the books, seen the cartoons, watched the tv show (whoa, what a weird show that was...), and all that crap, so I know my fair share of Narnia lore. It's a great epic series. I hope they make movies for all of the books (it seems like they will).

Posted by Klarth

Must see it. Did them in school when I was eight - Had already read the first one, but nothing else. Just hope the rumour about Amy Lee being in the film isn't actually true.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

It'd better do Lewis justice. One of the most brilliant men to ever live had better not be blasphemed against!

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Here's the way I see. True fans of LotR were disappointed in the movies because the three books were freaking long. It is impossible to make Fellowship into a 2 and a half hour movie, and still stay faithful to the story. The book is too long.

But the CoN series are much shorter books, and I think that a good film could be made out of any one of the books, if put into the right hands.

So, yeah, there's that.

Posted by Crazy K

My brother is going to see it with his class mates I think next week. Ill have to ask him how it was after he sees the film.

Posted by loony636

Quoting Pikamon: watched the tv show (whoa, what a weird show that was...)

Yeah, the movie is MUCH better from the looks of the trailers.

Quoting Klarth: Just hope the rumour about Amy Lee being in the film isn't actually true.

She only sings the theme song according to imdb.com: (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363771/fullcredits). What theme song?

RELEASE DATE: DECEMBER 9.

Posted by Jesus of Suburbia

I am currently re-reading the first book it now. I plan on going this Friday to see it.