So I got my 360.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

At the time of posting, it's sitting here, staring at me, MEANCINGLY. How did I get it, you ask? It's good to know people who work at certain retail chains (but painful to have to pay them off for the illegal service ~.~) Unfortunately, I don't have my game for it yet, waiting for a friend to get back from Best Buy with the dirty goods. Sounds like Perfect Dark Zero nonstop for me.

Just thought I would drop you all a line to let you know. I'll be off the forums for a while to play around though. More news on the system later and tomorrow.

By the way, the thing runs fucking hot. It's also pretty noisy, but still quieter than my computer.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Lol, now that its out, all teh 360 topics are going to have to be shifted to the Xbox board.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

You're not afraid of the Microsoft Secret Police coming after you? I wouldn't hook the thing up to an internet connection until after midnight. They'll zero in on you with a satellite, and blast you to kingdom come with its death laser.

Posted by Mmm.... GOOD!!!

Yes... the MSoft squad will kill u u bastard i have to wait for second shipment.

Posted by Dexter

I wonder if Jesse will merge the two systems in one forum or have two separate forums. He’ll probably merge them.

Is it louder than the regular Xbox? How long has it been turned on to get heated? How heavy is it?

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I just came home from playing the 360. I know some people that work at this one game crazy that I live by. They let me play any game I wanted :D

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Dexter: How heavy is it?

hueg lol

Posted by Prince Redon

I have a few people I could pay and get an X-box early, but I probably won't buy any of the systems until the prices drop. It's worth the wait to spend so much less...So I wouldn't see much point in paying even more to get it early.

Posted by Dexter

Doesn't it take like 6 months or even longer until the prices finally drop?

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Prince Shondronai: You're not afraid of the Microsoft Secret Police coming after you? I wouldn't hook the thing up to an internet connection until after midnight. They'll zero in on you with a satellite, and blast you to kingdom come with its death laser.

Don't plan to take it on Live, actually. Until I find out if Microsoft force-updates the firmware, I'm not going anywhere. I don't want to miss any chance for homebrew, as the scene is now offical. However, because of the chipset in the 360, it will be extremely easy to flash the firmware chip. I'm looking forward to seeing the developments.

Quoting Dexter: Is it louder than the regular Xbox? How long has it been turned on to get heated? How heavy is it?

I don't have a regular Xbox to compare with, but it seems abit louder than I last remembered. As far as heating, I only had it on about 10 minutes before it was pumping out the hot air. Seems like the power supply (which is quite massive) also puts a fair amount of heat, rivialing the system. For weight, it weighs quite a bit, I'd say around ten pounds or so, maybe a little bit less. Feels extremely sturdy though, despite still having a plastic outer shell.

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Dexter: Doesn't it take like 6 months or even longer until the prices finally drop?

Usually, but I still have so many games I havn't played to hold me over. For example I've just started Full Metal Alchemist...I've seen the show so many times, yet I had not played the game.

Posted by brownoystercult

I want justification. Take a picture of yourself holding the system. Yeah, and TODAY. Otherwise, there's no way I'm going to believe you.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Prince Redon: but I probably won't buy any of the systems until the prices drop. It's worth the wait to spend so much less...So I wouldn't see much point in paying even more to get it early.

Exactly. If you can't wait six months, or even a bit longer, then frankly, that's sad. There are far better things you could be putting that money you saved towards. Also, I still have a ton of games for the systems I have now that I haven't hardly looked at, so that'll keep me satisfied for quite some time. It'll probably be a year or more before I get the PS3 after it's released, and even longer for the Revolution. I'm not bothering with the 360.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Did everyone miss the fact that he wants the most crackable firmware? He's not buying it for the "lol i got it first im so HARDxXxCORE" factor.

Posted by Axis

Dexter, the Xbox 360 is supposed to have annual price drops. So you are likely to see one Christmas 2006 at the earliest.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: For weight, it weighs quite a bit, I'd say around ten pounds or so, maybe a little bit less.

Eight, from what I remember.

Posted by higbvuyb

According to Microsoft, it's quieter, smaller, and lighter than the original.

ANd Microsoft will apparently drop the price at the launch of Halo 3.

Here in Australia, it will probably launch really late, like around the US launch of the PS3 or something.

Posted by Axis

I heard March 2006 for you guys.

Posted by higbvuyb

Yeah, that sucks. Anyway, it's pretty stupid to not sell it during the Christmas Holidays, because that's going to boost sales alot.

Do you want to wait another year?

Posted by higbvuyb

No. Like, this Christmas.

Wouldn't happen. There's a lot that needs to be done. And they wanted the States to get it ASAP.

Posted by KoH

God I love this country. :)

Posted by Klarth

So how long before someone hacks it?

I never buy first shipments, they're always buggy. Like my cousin's original Xbox; it scratched all the discs and rendered them unplayable.

Posted by Big Boss

I got mine, too, and I did the least amount of work. We were planning on camping out at Best Buy, but my friend's parents were visiting and they got spot #1 and #2 at a Walmart in another town. I came in and took one of their spots at around 10:00 PM, and just had to wait two hours to get my $399.99 package. Some of the people that were there for over 12 hours didn't get anything. HAHAHAHA!

We drove by Best Buy and other stores and just looked and laughed at people that were sleeping in the cold for a small chance at getting the console. I felt so good and evil. Then when I got home the power was out... just a small price to pay to keep the concept of karma alive and well.

I have Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero. Wow, two good Rare games. It's like 1999 all over again.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'll get one when there's more than 2 good games on it.

Can neone tell me when 2nd shipment may be in?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Quoting Big Boss]

I FINALLY GOT MY 360 I WENT UP ADN SHOT SOME DUDE IN THE CHEST AND TOOK IT HE ALSO HAD THE HALO TRIPLE PACK PDZ AND KAMEO... SO I WILL SEE U ON LIVE

Posted by rudybaga2

i played my friends 360 today and he got call of duty 2.. i dont no if its just for this game or for all but the contoles suck .i couldnt evan shoot a game cause i just tap the arrows or the toggel and it goes to far i mean you probly can get used to it but still it will take a year just to figure out how pop people off

You can set your analogue sensitivity to however you want, you know.

Quoting Battle Pope: Up yours, pal!

That's mad - I JUST THIS SECOND ordered the second BP book from eBay.

Quoting Battle Pope: Up yours, pal!

That's mad - I JUST THIS SECOND ordered the second BP book from eBay.

Quoting rudybaga2: i couldnt evan shoot a game cause i just tap the arrows or the toggel and it goes to far i mean you probly can get used to it but still it will take a year just to figure out how pop people off

hmmmm... sensitivity

Posted by Mystic Hero

Over here there were so many pre-orders that the 360 is said to be comepletely sold out in every store for the next two months. So I'll have to wait until the ends of Janurary just ot get it. I'm in no hurry as of now to get it so I can wait until then. Wow that system sold fast. Billy boy must be loving this.

So, I get to work today and there's at least seven people waiting outside. I asked them how long they had been wating for and a few people said all night. Which I found quite odd, since you NEED a pre-order. I mentioned this, and sure enough, one of those three said "****it". Turns out he waited there all night for nothing. Couldn't help but feel sorry for him, so I ended up selling him my pre-order slip for... $250. :cool:

I didn't get a 360, and it turns out I won't until just before Christmas (maybe after), but who cares? I made all of that money for a single piece of paper. A cool $200 profit.

I'm sorta glad I waited now. A few people (around three) came in later on in the day and reported various problems with their consoles. So whatevs.

Posted by Drewboy64

wow, that was nice of you.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, I took this from my other thread:

So I got my 360 yesterday and spent a good 16 hours with it, straight. So here is my rundown:

The console: Pretty slick looking, the hardrive is very easy to detach and put back on. Setting up controllers while there's 2 360's in the room can be troublesome if you don't what you're doing. Everything was very easy to set-up and trouble free.

The Games

Perfect Dark Zero: Out of the 4 titles that I played last night, this one was the least impressive graphically. This game needs some AA in some spots. When certain areas come by the jaggies are very noticeable. The gameplay for the most part if very solid. I've played the first 3 missions of the game and so far its been pretty good, nothing mind-blowing, but fun to play. The game is very easy to get into and the learning curve is about 5 minutes if you're experienced with FPS's. Multiplayer is probably the strongest point of this game, the bots are incredibly fun to play with and there's nothing like a good 8 players with 8 bots on Secret Agent death match. There is a very wide range of guns, some of them are very effective while others are just...bizarre. Overall my time with Perfect Dark Zero was very satisfying. If you can only afford one 2 games...then you might need to pass on this one, because this isn't the best shooter on the 360.

Kameo: Elements of Power: Kameo is the adventure game that I've been looking for the past 5 years. I don't think I've had so much fun with an adventure game since Banjo-Tooie. The game is full of puzzles, but unfortunately, they're pretty easy to do. The first boss I came across was challenging, but way too short. The controls have to get some getting used to, but are very easy to control once you've played with it for a good 30 minutes. The gameplay is great, you're always doing something, either you're solving puzzles, beating the living crap out of trolls, etc. If you're looking for an adventure game then I highly recommend picking this game up.

Project Gotham Racing 3: This game is great. There's probably no other way to put it. I played this game for a good 3 hours straight just playing the single player alone. This is probably the best looking game for 360 right now, IMO. The detail on the cars and in the buildings is wonderful. The only downsides I can find is there are a few noticable jaggies and there's only 5 locations: Tokyo, New York, London, Las Vegas, and The Ring. Overall the city that I was most impressed with was Las Vegas. Bizarre was very creative in using the strip and surrounding areas to come up with a great racing city. When you play this game at night, it's probably on of the most amazing things I've ever seen. The gameplay is similar to PGR2, which isn't a bad thing at all, for most people. If you're looking for something new in PGR3 that's different from the others...you might be out of luck here. But there wasn't much you could add to the game in the first place anyways. The Live features for PGR3 are wonderful, Gotham TV runs great and playing online against other people is a blast. So overall, if you're a fan of racers, pick this one up definitely. If not, then pass.

Call Of Duty 2: This is the best shooter on Xbox 360, period. I was amazed on how wonderful this game ran on the 360. There was NOT 1 jaggy in this game from what I could see. This game runs at 60 FPS and has very sharp graphics. The smoke effects are truly amazing in this game as well. Probably the most jaw-dropping thing about this game is the A.I. I was playing one mission and we were running down through a house and my ally opened the door and saw the bad guy. What does he do? He takes a table near him, puts it in front of him, then kicks it on its side to use for cover. Next, he pulled a grenade and banked it off the wall and blew the guy up. That's not it. I saw my friend playing another level where it was a sniping mission and a guy was hiding behind a wall hiding from the enemy sniper. He takes off his helmet, puts it on the gun, and holds it out to make it look he's sneaking by. At that moment, a bullet hits his helmet and spins around, he immediatly jurked it back and but the helmet back on his head and went a different route. My time with Call of Duty 2 was awesome, just awesome. The only down side to the game? 8 player multiplayer over Xbox Live. But no need to worry, there's news of a patch that will include 16 players over Live.

Overall my experience with the Xbox 360 was very good. I will now go back to playing it all day today. The past 2 days I've only gotten 2 hours of sleep, and still as energetic as when I went to go get it. If you have any questions please ask me, I'll be free to answer.

Sorry if there is any grammatical errors, but I'm in a hurry right now.