Jazz Music

Posted by Sable Wind

For a school project. Does anyone have a few jazz songs they could send me? Preferrably good ones. If this is possible, I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you very much. :cool:

Posted by sniper

google "slipknot"

Posted by Hyper

Quoting sniper: google "slipknot"

Posted by KoH

Slipknot... lmao... riiiight.

I have a huge collection of Jazz. I'd be happy to send you some Miles Davis.

Posted by Xenos

This doesn't belong in the Community Board.

EDIT: And no, I am not mad, I just can't get you to stop. :(

Posted by Hyper

It's fine in Community. She's asking other members for help.

Posted by Xenos

But it's not a personal topic.

Posted by Lord of Spam

In anycase, it has the best chance of success here, so I dont see why it would be anywhere else. :/

Go with Davis; its a safe bet.

Posted by Hyper

...Yes it is. It's for her personal school project.

Posted by Xenos

Is she her school project?

Hey guys, I am going to make a thread about my toothpaste. It's about my personal toothpaste. Hmmm. What brand should I buy from? It's about MY system and money.

Posted by Lord of Spam

It also just so happens that her personal project is on MUSIC. kthnx.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

All I have is black metal with jazz infused.

Do you want that?

Posted by KoH

COWS, listen to thy master. It matters not what board this topic goes to, but what topic this BOARD can go to. 'Tis a simple matter of bending one's mind to understand all that surrounds it. Dost thou understandeth?

Btw, Angelwing, how do you want me to send you the Davis?

[quote=Vampiro]All I have is black metal with jazz infused.

Do you want that?

Ehem... erm... hm... heheh... ho... ho... Say no.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting KoH: COWS, listen to thy master. It matters not what board this topic goes to, but what topic this BOARD can go to. 'Tis a simple matter of bending one's mind to understand all that surrounds it. Dost thou understandeth?

Btw, Angelwing, how do you want me to send you the Davis?

*sable wind

And Xenos, you know that's a stupid example.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Talk to NegativeTrend. Either on AIM or just get on DC++ with us and download (or ask for a recommendation for) a song by Soft Machine. I'm sure he'll have some other good Jazz groups as well.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Jazz is the sex.

Posted by KoH

[quote=MetalVox~55]Jazz is the sex.

Jazz is orgasmic, yes.

Posted by Klarth

...Does acid jazz count?

Posted by Porcupine

Quoting Hyper: ...Yes it is. It's for her personal school project.

So, say my PS2 broke and I wanted to work out what's wrong with it. Do I post my thread about it in the community board? :)

And you don't have to post about it every time you move something. >:E

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro: All I have is black metal with jazz infused.

Is there more out there other than Sigh?

Quoting KoH:

It works a lot better than you think it might (unless you've heard what Vamp's talking about, then nevermind). Think of music along the lines of Estradasphere and Crotchduster, and how those guys add transitions to styles that are complete polar opposites, adds a nice contrast, and sounds great. "12 Souls" by Sigh is a good example. It's something you'd have to hear before judging. I mean, a metal / Jazz would sound ridiculous otherwise.

Speaking of Estradasphere, Philsdad probably knows of some good Jazz. I'm sure there are a ton of Estradasphere songs in particular that use a lot of the style.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Is there more out there other than Sigh?

Sigh is probably one of the few that does it THAT good. But yeah, there's more. I'll recommend a few bands over AIMSN when I get back from NC.

Posted by Acheron

I would HIGHLY reccomend some Coltrane. A Love Supreme is the obvious choice, but he's got plenty of other excellent work. On Green Dolphin Street, a collaborative effort with Davis, is another great pick.

Posted by sabre

If that includes Jazz Fusion, then Cosmosquad are pretty neat, in spite of the crap-beyond-words name.

[quote=Hyper]It's fine in Community. She's asking other members for help.Yeah, I'm going to take this opportunity to ask you what the hell you're blithering on about.

"hey guys, i need you to recommend me some music. this is for my personal gain, and as i am a member of the board, it belongs in community board."
"hey guys, i need help fixing my console. this is for my personal gain, and as i am a member of the board, it belongs in community board."
"hey guys, i'm stuck in pokemon. this is for my personal gain, and as i am a member of the board, it belongs in community board."

Honestly hyper, you're talking complete crap. :(

Posted by Hyper

I get it guys jeez :o

Posted by father o'blivion

and this thread is a pretty good example of why we need more music education in our schools!

Posted by rivercitytecmo

and less nit-picking in our threads.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Ok, The Idiot will speak now. Lighten up on Hyper. He's just asking for some help! I remember alot of other school related posts that didnt turn into this. Anyway, you could also talk about other genres of Jazz. Like rat-rapck music or something like that too. That could give you alot of more choices for music. Tehir is alot of old JAzz to. that is also alot like rock & roll. Like Ray Charles. Hope that helped.

Posted by Ch

Well if you want Jazz then I can introduce you to the world of Yusef Lateef. I recommend Nubian Lady. Very good, yet sadly, unpopular jazz.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Just go here:

http://www.xmradio.com/programming/neighborhood.jsp?hood=jazz_and_blues

and hit reload every half hour or so, and download everything on the playlists. XM 70 (Real Jazz) in particular is one of my favorites, and one I used to whore out when I worked at the GMC/Pontiac dealer.