2 new characters

Posted by Zeta

I was looking through the Nintendo Power issue I got today and it had info on the upcoming racing game Sonic Riders. The article revealed two new characters:

Jet the Hawk
Storm the Albatross

It also shows a screenshot of one of the two characters, who looks a lot like Bean the Dynamite. I'm supposed to be going to my grandparent's house for Thanksgiving, so I'll see if I can scan the image over there.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hey, just what the Sonic Universe needs, more characters!

Posted by Arczu

Geez... they need to stop adding more characters, and get back to what we REALLY want: Sonic. It was just 2 characters, then a good 3rd. Something of a tang with 6 or 8, then 12. Before you know it, every animal we know of will have their own anthromorphic counterpart represented in a sonic game... but by the time we realize how many people there are, we won't remember them anymore.

But this is a racing game. I'm not throwing down this one yet.

Posted by Rush_TomSawyer

is it coming out on ps2 xbox or gamecube or all of the above? *link*

Posted by Zeta

All of the above, according to GameFAQs. There's supposed to be a total of 16 playable characters, so we might actually get a chance to see Nack. Eggman seems to ride a hover-motorcycle instead of a hoverboard. Also, Sonic has sunglasses. WTF is up with that?

I'm fine with most of the characters, but there are a few Sega needs to get rid of. *Points in the direction of a certain obese cat*

I don't think Big'll be in this. I certainly can't imagine him riding a hoverboard.

Posted by Klarth

WILL THERE BE CHAOTIX?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Seeing Chaotix in Shadow was a nice surprise (and Heroes, but... ugh), and considering that Nack is rumoured for Riders it makes sense. Although I suppose Charmy would just...fly. I can totally see Vector on a hoverboard though, he suits that image more than Sonic does, even.

The only characters I really have time for in the Sonic games are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy (of course), Chaotix, Shadow, and Blaze, just because I've got a bit of a soft spot for her 'early Knuckles'-esque attitude. And of course Metal Sonic and Robotnik. I mean, Cream and Cheese? Big? Ugh.

Posted by Zeta

I have a very hard time imagining Big on a hoverboard. We need Mighty.

SCAN GET!
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/Other/NewChar.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Klarth

...Alright, quite honestly:

what the **** is that?

Posted by Zeta

Well, its either an anthromorphic hawk or an anthromorphic albatross. :P

Posted by Klarth

Looks about as anthro****ingmorphic as a certain doughboy. :-/

It looks like a bird of some sort.

Wait, whoa. Who remembers Tekno the Canary?

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Wings]It looks like a bird of some sort.

Wait, whoa. Who remembers Tekno the Canary?

Heh. And Shortfuse the Cybernik.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Klarth: Looks about as anthro****ingmorphic as a certain doughboy. :-/

Hoo hoo!

Shorty could fly, he wouldn't need a hoverboard.

Okay, wow. A Sonic game based on the Fleetway comics would rule so hard it's untrue. There were only a hundred or so comics with any main bulk of story to them, too, which is a nice length for a game. I was hooked on them completely.

I mean, from right at the beginning where he shows the kids (including Jonny Lightfoot and Porker Lewis, heh) how he got his powers, Megatox, the whole Brutus saga, Amy being kidnapped on the Miracle Planet and the Metallix saga, all the way up to the story of Robotnik's omnipotence and the Shanazar storylines...

I'd buy it. Twice.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Wings]Shorty could fly, he wouldn't need a hoverboard.

So can Tails...

Yeah, but only for a short amount of time, and even then not very fast. Shorty was badnik-powered, and had rocket-propelled boots. :)

Posted by Dexter

I really enjoy Tikal. I'd like it if she was included. I wouldn't mind a few extra characters to join the team. Perhaps someone special would come along and give the game a little extra elegance.

I'm more curious about Storm the Albatross than Jet the Hawk.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, it's not much surprise to hear about a Hawk character, but an albatross sounds kind of unusual.

Big seemed cool before I played Sonic Adventure. Wise mountain man I envisioned > learning-disabled frog lover. I certainly hope he's downplayed in future games.

FROGGY

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

Tails could fly as long as he wanted. As long as the CPU controlled him that is.

And I agree with all the above how the Sonic universe needs no more characters.

You know what they do need in these games? More chili dogs.

Posted by Zeta

We need a penguin character. He could wear a tux and be a secret agent, like James Bond. Penguins are cool. :cool:

Posted by Psi_Agent_X

New characters make the sonic series more interesting.

I mean, would`t it get boring if every sonic game had the same story line? you know... sonic has to stop eggmans latest plans ect. ect.

long story short... the sonic world needs new characters.

That's complete rubbish. The new characters haven't changed the plots at all - it's STILL Robotnik being evil and trying to take over the world. The characters just drive it very slightly, and have done ever since Sonic and Knuckles, but essentially the plot is the same old boring thing.

Posted by Linko_16

Shadow's, like, the one character who brought any real great difference in plot.

No, I disagree - Knuckles before him worked extremely well to drive the story forward, as did Chaotix. Just because there was no proper FMV or anything doesn't mean the story wasn't sound.

Posted by Psi_Agent_X

I agree with linko 16, shadow is the only one who made a difference plot wise.
if don`t agree with me, then you need to play"shadow the headgeog". I played it and beat it. after that maybe you`ll change your mind.

p.s. each character has their own story, so the plot could change depending on the characters backgrounds