New Harry Potter Movie

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I have to say that I was really disappointed in this movie. Now, before you all start freaking out and saying I'm just another Harry Potter Hater please hear me out. I was really disappointed in this movie because so much was cut out. The movie was only 2 hours and about 30 minutes and in order to fit all the important stuff in it should have been a lot longer. For example, you all remember the reporter lady?(can't think of her name right now) You remember the role she plays in the book? Well she shows up twice in the movie and just for a few seconds. It doesn't talk about her being a bettle and listening in on everyones conversations or anything.

So, out of the people that have seen it, who else was really disappointed in the movie?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Already a thread on this. Look before you post next time.

Quoted post: I was really disappointed in this movie because so much was cut out. The movie was only 2 hours and about 30 minutes and in order to fit all the important stuff in it should have been a lot longer.

Obviously they cut a lot out. That book was really long. Even if they extended the movie, people would still complain. There's just too much. However, you can't just extend the length of this movie... why? Uh, maybe because the movie, as is, cost a ton of money to make. Even another thirty minutes would cost too much to make. It's not like they had an unlimited fund to work with.

Plus, though this movie is also geared towards adults, they have to keep the children fans in mind. You can't make a movie like that TOO long, otherwise, the kids will just get bored. They were already pushing it.

Posted by Pikamon

Yeah, keep in mind that they were actually considering cutting this book into two separate movies because of the length...

In order to keep it into a single film, a lot just had to get taken out.

Posted by Jesus of Suburbia

Yeah... I hate they cut right before the Quiditch game began.

Posted by psp

Wait, if they cut out so many scenes for this one, wat are they going to do for part 5? Its over 800 pages long!

Posted by Jesus of Suburbia

I have no clue. We will have to wait and see. they may just have to run for 3:30.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro:
Obviously they cut a lot out. That book was really long. Even if they extended the movie, people would still complain. There's just too much.

Indeed, the book had 975 pages. Took me 2 weeks to read it.

They've decided to cut some really good parts of the book, like the world cup of quidditch. I thought the lengh of the movie was just fine. If it would have been like LOTR, it would have gotten a bit boring in the end. I enjoyed it all the way, but I was a bit disppointed about some good parts they cutted...

Quoted post: like the world cup of quidditch.

Would have cost too much to make.

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

I suggest Peter Jackson make the movies.

Gandalf as Dumbledore wtfux

But on a serious note. They should split the movies up Kill Bill style if they get too long, it'd keep all the relevant information intact and still be interesting.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: Would have cost too much to make.

Indeed it would have...good point.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Flame ghost]the book had 975 pages
...Uhhh.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Klarth: ...Uhhh.

Well yeah! Check the book!

Posted by Klarth

My copy has 636 pages, I don't know what's wrong with yours...

Posted by Xenos

He probably had the picture book version with large text.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Hm, you know what? I just read through this thread, thought that all of this had already been discussed, and mentally called you all 'sad bastards'.

Then I looked down, and realised I was wearing my 'Snape is Innocent' T-Shirt. Yeah.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Xenos: He probably had the picture book version with large text.

Sry guys. I should have specified. My bad. :(

I read the french version. I read my books in french. I know this book is better in english, but my parents bought it in french. The french version has 975 pages.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

French is such a waste of space.

I'm not a huge fan of these movies, but I don't dislike them or anything. I know Bulb wants to go, so I'll probably go with him.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Angelwing: French is such a waste of space.

Indeed, some books shouldn't be in french. The books of Agatha Cristie is an example.

Agatha Christie shouldn't be printed in English.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Wings: Agatha Christie shouldn't be printed in English.

Why not? Explain...

Posted by GameMiestro

I was somewhat upset about what they cut out, too. They didn't need the whole scene at the Yule Ball, they could have added something more interesting instead, like the Sphinx. Or the ending scene with Rita Skeeter. :)

Quoted post: They didn't need the whole scene at the Yule Ball

Adds more depth to the characters, shows the attraction between Ron and Hermione, shows that the main characters are growing up, adds a break between all of the "gloominess", et cetera. It's important when you look at the whole series, more so than the Sphinx scene.

Posted by GameMiestro

It could have been shortened.

Posted by Xero

Quoting GameMiestro: Yule Ball

Rita skeeter was gettin on my nerves a lot...

About that Ball...That was one of my least favorite scene of the movie. I just dont like these love scenes. I prefere action...

Quoted post: It could have been shortened.

It wasn't very long to begin with.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: It wasn't very long to begin with.

True. I dint think it was long. 2 hours and a half is not that long. Its average.

Quoting Flame ghost: Why not?

They're awful and repetitive.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Wings: They're awful and repetitive.

Yes, american movieas have a tendency to be repetititive in many ways...

Quoted post: True. I dint think it was long. 2 hours and a half is not that long. Its average.

Sarcasm?

The Ball scene was under ten minutes. Not very long.

Quoting Flame ghost: Yes, american movieas have a tendency to be repetititive in many ways...

You're a complete idiot. Case closed.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: Sarcasm?

The Ball scene was under ten minutes. Not very long.

I wasen't sarcastic...

Stop while you're ahead.

Oh wait, too late for that.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this movie now. I should probably read the book first, though. Just so I can be disappointed on what they left out.

Posted by Xero

You could...If you want to know the ENTIRE story, read the book. Its just gonna take more time.

If you feel lazy, see the movie. Its as fun...

Posted by Burrito

The movies always disappointed me. The books have alyways been better. The movies just seem to be too rushed and don't have the details that make the books good. If you want the really want the full Harry Potter experience, read the books.

Well, what else did you expect?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I expected the movie to read the book to me. I expected to sit in the theater, and some old guy would walk out in front of us, and open the book and read it beginning to end.

I wasn't satisfied with the movie one bit.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Fei-on: I expected the movie to read the book to me. I expected to sit in the theater, and some old guy would walk out in front of us, and open the book and read it beginning to end.

Welcome to the movie world fei-on ;)

Quoting Fei-on: I expected the movie to read the book to me. I expected to sit in the theater, and some old guy would walk out in front of us, and open the book and read it beginning to end.

Raise your expectations! It either has to be a hot guy, or hot girl.

Aye, but then you wouldn't be paying attention to the story. At least with the old man there's a slim chance you won't be undressing him mentally.

Quoted post: At least with the old man there's a slim chance you won't be undressing him mentally.

Oh but I would.

Hence 'slim chance'.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: Oh but I would.

Just to say: lol!

... stop it

Posted by Trigger

I've read all of the Harry Potter books thus far and seen all the movies released; I have been partially impressed, after all, I keep returning to see the next release, no? However, it seems to me that each Harry Potter book/movie is practically the same kind of underpinning plot, with just a few details changed with each just to make them slightly different. When you strip the movies and books down, however, you notice that the story is basically the same as every other story the author wrote about Harry.

I'm not sure I want to continue to read or see the same story seven or more times, with a few details changed.

I was never really impressed with the books, but a couple weeks ago, I watched all three movies. And I found that I really enjoyed them. I went to see Goblet of Fire, and enjoyed it, as well. There were a few things I would have liked better in the movie, but it was far from bad.

Posted by Mystic Hero

To me I enjoyed the books a lot more. They were more detailed and a lot more fun to read. There are always a few points left out in all the movies that were in the books that help you better understand what is going on. What I didn't like about the Goblet of Fire movie was that they left some key points out. Although they included Rita Skeeter they didn't show hom important she really was in the story. I know that in the book her role was much bigger, but it's been a long itme since I have read that book that I forget a lot of it. I would have liked to see her more involved than in just one scene. Another was that they didn't show the train scene at teh end when Harry gives the twins his prize money. This part, although a minor scene at teh time, plays a bigger role in teh later books as we get to know how Fred and George really use the new money they have aquired. For those of you that haven't read the sixth book I won't say anything, but from the looks of it the new things Fred and George have invested their money in seems to be keying in to play a bigger part in the final book, as we see that the Ministry becomes interested in what they are doing. We can only assume that this will serve for a bigger purpose in the future.

Apart from that I don't remember Harry coming back so many times to that one particular dream he has. It's kind of refrenced to much in the movie. Harry didn't truely know Voldomort was going to rise again until he was in transfiguration class and saw his teacher go into a trance about what is to come. Just a few key points not mentioned in the movie that I would have liked to see. Man I'm picky lol.:) Overall I did enjoy the movie. I hate Harry Potter movies, but I must say this one was worth it to go see.

Posted by femo blaber

i think it was amazing espeshely the dragons the fire looked real