ARE THEY NUTS!?

Posted by Speedfreak

What the heck are Sony doing!? First they say PS3 will be expensive, then they screw up their online service and now they're keeping the grey bananarang! Do they even want to do well next generation!?

[quote]Sony Computer Entertainment corporate executive and chief technical officer Masayuki Chatanai told Famitsu after the E3 unveiling that the controller might undergo "minor changes" but that the form factor would probably stay the same.

[url=http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=23956818]Source[/url]

Posted by Nightscare

and i thought nintendo screwed up... [url=www.gamepro.com/nintendo/gamecube/games/news/48428.shtml]source[/url]

Posted by Burrito

Seriously, you shouldn't diss the controller until you've tried it. That's the same bad attitude that a lot of people took with the revolution controller.

Posted by Nightscare

Quoting Burrito: Seriously, you shouldn't diss the controller until you've tried it. That's the same bad attitude that a lot of people took with the revolution controller.

thats the bad attitude i've taken with both controllers. because they will probobly suck.

Posted by Speedfreak

There's a difference. You need to try the Revolution controller to try the interface. You need to try the PS3 controller to test how comfortable it is. I can already tell it'll be uncomfortable because it's bloody tiny. Seriously, it's palm-sized.

Posted by Nightscare

and i can already tell i wont like the revo controller's interface

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Speedfreak: There's a difference. You need to try the Revolution controller to try the interface. You need to try the PS3 controller to test how comfortable it is. I can already tell it'll be uncomfortable because it's bloody tiny. Seriously, it's palm-sized.

I really don't think you can tell by just looking at it. I mean, it's not covered with razor blades or anything.

Posted by Lord of Spam

YOU CANT TELL ANYTHING ABOUT EITHER CONTROLLER YET, MORONS. YOU HAVE NOT USED THEM. YOu HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY WILL BE LIKE OTHER THAN VAGUE GENERALITIES. SO SHUT THE F[i]UCK UP!

Posted by Proto Man

Yes but it looks uncomfortable, and will be confusing as ever, as I have had a problem with Playstation controllers from the beginning.

Posted by Big Boss

[quote]Sony Computer Entertainment corporate executive and chief technical officer Masayuki Chatanai told Famitsu after the E3 unveiling that the controller might undergo "minor changes" but that the form factor would probably stay the same.

This quote is actually old, as I remember reading it shortly after E3 was over. The negative response had escalated well after Chatanai made that statement. The only disappointing news is that the rumors of Sony showing a completely redesigned PS3 controller at next year's CES are untrue, but we still don't know if the changes done to the final version will make it comfortable or not. So, all we can do is wait.

Posted by Random

Yeah theres definately no way we can tell now if its comfortable or not. If you would have asked me if the 360 controller looked comfortable 4 months ago, I probably would have said "no." But after trying it, I think it's really nice. Seems all too perfect. No need to bash something thats not out yet.

Posted by Zeta

That does look pretty uncomfortable, and the L/R buttons look to far near the center, but there's still the advantage that it'll come back to you if you get mad at a game and throw the controller.

...Yeah, I used that lame boomerang joke. But I'm not going to judge the next-gen controllers 'til I try them myself.

Posted by Random

Yes I find it rather amusing. Honestly the worst looking anyways is by far the Revolutions controller. Not that i'm saying it's horrible because I haven't tried it yet. People complain about the PS3 controller but i'm sure many people will love the PS3 controller, and prefer it over the 360 or Revolution controller. It seems as though a lot of those people who defended the revolution controller on the "Try before you complain," are complaining about the PS3 controller before you can try it out.

Looks innovative really :-P

Posted by Slade

I prefer the PS2 controller to any other, and I have high hopes that the PS3 controller will be "magically" comfortable. Magically, because it really does look like hell.

And hey, maybe the Revolution's add on to the "TV-style" controller will make it more usable for the action-packed kind of games I like. It seems like the regular one will be used mostly for kids games, but we'll see how they implement it into many genres.

Posted by higbvuyb

I think the Xbox-S controller is the current best standard controller. The PS2's is not ergonomic, the Gamecube's wasn't very good either, and one of the joystick things was retarded. The original Xbox controller was too big.

Posted by Random

Personally I thought the PS2 controller was akward with the inward analogs, but I liked the button layout. I didn't really care for that. I felt that the gamecube had the best fitting controller, but it's analogs and button layout was rather horrid, I liked the Original Xbox controller ( I have large hands), but the White/Black buttons were sort of akward, and the S-Controller seems nice but it's not the most comfortable i've ever held.

360 controller is my controller of preference as of now. Perhaps not later..

Posted by Bebop

It's not really a question about how comfortable it is but what it looks like. It looks ugly. That's why I think SOny's choice to keep it is dumb.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

I hate small controllers. The X-Box is my favorite for this generation, and for all time, the N64 controller is my favorite.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It looks hideous. That's all that matters at this point.

If they change it, cool. If it's comfortable, even better. But it's ****ing ugly.

Posted by Speedfreak

For the record, this is why I think it'll be uncomfortable.

It's tiny.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Speedy, it's simple: Look at the fan base surrounding the PS3. There are vertaible leigons of fans just dying to buy the device no matter what the cost. It's the same as the people who stand behind Nintendo 100% of the time, no matter what "innovation" they think up. But you are always going to have to deal with people that blindly buy consoles just because it's the new thing. Take myself for example: I know that the Xbox 360 has an EXTREMELY limited batch of games for release (none of which look/are especially fun), yet I still will be picking it up on Tuesday the moment that I'm released from school. Why? It's the new thing that I just have to have. Other than the need to get a first generation that has th lowest firmware (for running homebrew, ect.) I have frankly no need to purchase said device.

Take it into consideration.

Posted by Speedfreak

What are you talking about? We're just talking about the controller here.

Posted by Arczu

[quote]Stated by ShawnP1178 on the article:
The controller should do quite well in Australia. :)
ROFL

I bet many people will buy the thing and try out the controller. Go "WTF MATE?!" then immediate re-sell it due to inadaptability. Or somethine like that.

Posted by Random

Nah.. something tells me that many people will like this controller.

The controller may look hideous but looks aren't everything. I think the Revolutions controller is hideous for the sheer fact that it's not really even a controller. Looks more like a DVD remote.

Sony's controller.. Very innovative ^_^

Posted by Klarth

[quote=SomebodyRandom]I think the Revolutions controller is hideous for the sheer fact that it's not really even a controller. Looks more like a DVD remote.
Rev's controller may look hideous* but looks aren't everything. I think the PS3 is hideous for the sheer fact that it's not even really a games console. Looks more like a fridge.

*Actually, this is an intentional lie so I could parody the above post.

Posted by Random

-_-' congratulations on looking like a *******. I was saying that to make people think twice and you went and ruined it. *sigh*

Posted by Klarth

Is it just me or is there a high quota of failure at humour around here?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Klarth: Is it just me or is there a high quota of failure at humour around here?

I thought it was funny :)

Anyhow, no matter how the controller looks, I am still going to have a hard time with it, because I have had a hard time with PS controllers from the very beginning. I am just not very good with that whole X Square, Circle garble de goop. At least XBOX has the decency to have A, B, and other normal buttons.

Posted by Random

Eh.. Maybe I just have no humor... :-(

Posted by Drewboy64

I think the PS3 controller will be bad because it's the same **** thing again, and because the shape seems akwards. I think the Revolution's controller will be good because many users have said so, and I know it'll be comfy because I have used the gamecube controller.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Drewboy64: I think the Revolution's controller will be good because many users have said so, and I know it'll be comfy because I have used the gamecube controller.

If you were being serious, I'm going to cut you.

That'd be like me saying I held the NES controller sideways so I know the Revolution controller will be uncomfortable.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting s0ul: If you were being serious, I'm going to cut you.

Since when does Drewboy ever make any sense?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

They could always make the American/European version of it larger to accomodate our large, manly hands. Even so, I've always hated the placement of the d-pad, and the new shape looks to worsen that situation rather than help. Try performing a major left-facing combo on the d-pad and the controller will just flip out of your hands. With any amount of luck, I won't have to try it, since the ps3 looks to have fewer exclusives that I'll be interested in.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting s0ul: If you were being serious, I'm going to cut you.

That'd be like me saying I held the NES controller sideways so I know the Revolution controller will be uncomfortable.

No, I was saying I know the quality that Nintendo's controllers have because I saw how they made the Gamecube controller super comfortable. And based on this, I can assume they will make the Revolution controller super comfortable.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Prince Shondronai: They could always make the American/European version of it larger to accomodate our large, manly hands. Even so, I've always hated the placement of the d-pad, and the new shape looks to worsen that situation rather than help. Try performing a major left-facing combo on the d-pad and the controller will just flip out of your hands. With any amount of luck, I won't have to try it, since the ps3 looks to have fewer exclusives that I'll be interested in.

I dont think that its going to fly out of your hands unless you're a complete spaz...

And I dont think it looks like it'll be super uncomfortable. I mean, it looks retarded as heck, but it still looks to me like it'll be fine. :/

Posted by Random

Quoting Big Boss]As for me, I'm the type of person who adapts to ANY controller. But, if the controller is that small, then I wonder how long I can play on it for? Longest gaming session I had was with the GCN controller, and after while, a few of my fingers were twitchy... but with the PS2 controller, they were fine.

I don't know about it. Longer ends could be useful or not.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm more concerned with the triangle and circle buttons. They look odd to me.

Posted by GameMiestro

I just want it to have less buttons.

Posted by Lord of Spam

That doesnt seem like a great idea. Developers (at least ones not working on the Rev lol) are already running out of buttons. Cutting even more is a terrible idea.

Posted by Drewboy64

Cutting down buttons is a horrible idea if you don't have anything to help that. The revolution has the motion sensor, which is huge and can substitute buttons (instead of pressing a button to lean to the side in a FPS, for example, you can just move the controller), and the controller shell provides classic-style gaming. I hope the shell comes free with the controllers as well as the analogue, or at least very cheap.

Posted by The Prince of Persia

Why the hell are you talking about controllers? You sad people.

Posted by Fate

I like an insane amount of buttons. That means more functions in a game. :)

I have to agree with you on that

Posted by Speedfreak

I highly suggest you two play more PC games that use the entire keyboard, then.

Oh wait, games with stupid amounts of functions AREN'T FUN!

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

PS3 controller: Personally, I was against it until I saw how small it was. Then I realised that it actually works, in theory.

I mean, your hands are tilted towards each other. The thumbs are directly over the analogue sticks, and the buttons are slightly recessed, so you don't hit any by accident.

No, it's not a perfect design, but it's not an awful one at all. I just don't understand why they made you turn your hands inwards. Maybe it enables better pressing of the shoulder buttons?

Also, Prince of Persia? How is the controller not an important issue? What would you do without it, pray?

(to which is the answer is 'yes, probably'.)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Okay, I dont know where Speed got that image, but have you considered that it may be 'shopped?

Posted by Speedfreak

No, not really. Looks pretty authentic to me.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Where did you get it?

Posted by Drewboy64

It doesnt seem shopped, but that controller seems REALLY small.

Posted by Burrito

That picture seems to have surfaced in the gamespot forums and there is no proof that it is an official picture, but I actually think the controller would make more sense if it was that tiny.

Posted by Drewboy64

didn't lots of people bash Gamecube's [perfect] controller because it was too small? I don't know, maybe its my imagination. But man, that PS3 controller looks really small.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The Cube controller is by no means perfect. Compare SCII on the Cube and the other systems, and you'll see what I mean.

Posted by Drewboy64

I play fine with the GC in sc2. It's really what you're used to i guess. I like it because the face buttons are easy to press and that it's really comfy.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Drewboy64: I like it because the face buttons are easy to press.

Yeah man, I know what you mean. To this day I find it difficult to come up with a real strategy to continually be able to press the 'X' or 'Square' buttons whenever a try to on the Dual Shock 2. And talk about those evil 'A' and 'B' face buttons for the Xbox, huh? They hide inside the controller whenever my thumb gets near them, but luckily my trusty, Officially Qualified, Nintendo Sealed GCN controller knows what buttons I'm going to press before my brain can process the information! It's like magic! Math magic!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Are you serious? You have problems pressing the X and Square buttons?:X

Posted by Drewboy64

i hate the x-box face buttons. They're round and sort of uncomfortable, and thus not really ideal for a game that primarely uses face buttons. The sony ones I can stand, but I never know what the symbols do, seeing as I hardly ever play a playstation of anysort.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Drewboy64: i hate the x-box face buttons. They're round and sort of uncomfortable, and thus not really ideal for a game that primarely uses face buttons. The sony ones I can stand, but I never know what the symbols do, seeing as I hardly ever play a playstation of anysort.

Yes, they're uncomfortable, and I agree to that degree. But they're aligned in a way that makes it more friendly to traditional fighting games like SF or Soul Calibur. And if you play a console long enough, what the button is called shouldn't confuse you.

It's just the awkward way the GCN's face buttons are set that set it apart from other consoles and make fighting games such as SF or Soul Calibur hard to get used to. Not to mention it's tiny d-pad as well that makes comboes pulling tedious.

And I agree with Big Boss's sarcastic post. Entirely.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The shoulder buttons on both the box and the cube require FAR more travel for them to trip, which means it takes mroe time to press them. And time is not something you usually have exces of in fighting games.

Posted by Drewboy64

"And if you play a console long enough" Yeah, the thing is that I haven't, so I'm not really bashing the playstation for that.

The cube shoulder buttons don't always have to be pressed all the way down to work. It's analogue, so a developer can make the action work by pressing it, say, halfway down without clicking. And while the face buttons on the other consoles may be easy to press, I just think the Gamecube's are the easiest. They are big and have a flat surface so its fine for pressing them.

Posted by Shade

[quote]I think the Revolution's controller will be good because many users have said so

RETARD ALERT!

How the hell would the other users know if it's good? They can't! You know why? It's not out yet! How utterly moronic of you to base your opinion of it on what other people don't even know!

Seeing the size of the PS3's controller really puts me at ease, my hands are quite small (stfu) and having a smaller controller will make it more comfortable for me. Also, I agree with everything Wings said about it.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Shade: RETARD ALERT!

How the hell would the other users know if it's good? They can't! You know why? It's not out yet! How utterly moronic of you to base your opinion of it on what other people don't even know!

Seeing the size of the PS3's controller really puts me at ease, my hands are quite small (stfu) and having a smaller controller will make it more comfortable for me. Also, I agree with everything Wings said about it.

Uh, you are the retarded one. Ever heard of the Tokyo Game Show? Where people got their hands on it? And played functionality demos? You know, hwere people like Matt at IGN played metroid prime 2 with the controller? And commented on how it felt great? And how all the developers have seen it and liked the idea? Huh?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Drewboy64: "And if you play a console long enough" Yeah, the thing is that I haven't, so I'm not really bashing the playstation for that.

The cube shoulder buttons don't always have to be pressed all the way down to work. It's analogue, so a developer can make the action work by pressing it, say, halfway down without clicking. And while the face buttons on the other consoles may be easy to press, I just think the Gamecube's are the easiest. They are big and have a flat surface so its fine for pressing them.

You know who else like big, shiney, easy to press buttons?

Retards.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Lord of Spam: You know who else like big, shiney, easy to press buttons?

Retards.

OMG LOL

Posted by Shade

Quoting Drewboy64: Uh, you are the retarded one. Ever heard of the Tokyo Game Show? Where people got their hands on it? And played functionality demos? You know, hwere people like Matt at IGN played metroid prime 2 with the controller? And commented on how it felt great? And how all the developers have seen it and liked the idea? Huh?

Ah, I'm sorry I misunderstood, but you should really put more clarity into what you're saying. I though you meant that the people who said it was great, were just random guys on a message board.

Posted by Drewboy64

I see. Buyt yeah, i really htink the ontroller will turn out well. Sorry for typos, my fingers are relly numb.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Its called "backspace." If you notice a typo, fix it. Hell, Ive had to do it more than I'd like to admit for this post alone.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Quoting Speedfreak: For the record, this is why I think it'll be uncomfortable.

It's tiny.

I agree with you. Sony likes shrinking things, it doesn't even need to work right or sell well. Just as long as its the smallest out there they're happy.

The Revolution looks tacky, but that's no big deal. The big deal is that you need to keep spending money on the controller add ons to play diferent games, that's the big issue. In terms of acctual look, it wouldn't be so bad for use.

Xbox controllers (AKA: stolen child of the Dreamcast controller), is functional... but so VERY bad for your hands. They're heavy by compairison with all other controllers (ever), and terribly unbalanced in weight causing pain from use earlier than most.

Posted by s0ul

My hands have never hurt with any amount of gaming on any controller, the only problem is the analog sticks... still.

The only controller I've had major problems with is the G-Con 2. I can play for like half an hour and have wrist pain for a day and a half...

Posted by Drewboy64

a ps2 fanboy at my school was talking about how he prefered the comfort of the PS2 controller over the Gamecube controller. I think he said it was because the PS2 felt better for his hands, which were big. ACtually, his hands were only bigger in the sense that they were fat. And if the PS3 controller really is that small, then I imagine he would find it really uncomfortable...

Posted by Speedfreak

For the record, XG3 is impossible to play on PS2 or Xbox, but fine on GC. Know why? Because you can easily press 3 face buttons at once on GC, you can't on the other two.

Posted by dubert69

not that im a fanboy but i find nothing wrong with the xbox controller S besides the black and white face buttons( which microsoft corrected :) also the triggers, although it does take more time to press them down it shouldnt affect your gameplay, well..uh..unless you're retarded, and they help a lot in racing games in which you need to push down with a different force every once in a while. and oh yeah the ps3 contoller 3 looks like a sex toy

If you think the PS3 pad looks like a sex toy, what about the Revolution one?

*waits for someone to make a joke about a 'joypad'*

Posted by Speedfreak

Apparantly your arse is a square-shaped hole, then.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: For the record, XG3 is impossible to play on PS2 or Xbox, but fine on GC. Know why? Because you can easily press 3 face buttons at once on GC, you can't on the other two.

Ive never had a problem with it. Its all in how you hold it.

Quoting Speedfreak: Apparantly your arse is a square-shaped hole, then.

With the nunchuck attachment, it looks vaguely like those spinning ball-things you get. You know the ones I mean.

Posted by Speedfreak

No. I don't. Nor do I ever want to.

Posted by Drewboy64

Its the age of sex consoles.
The x-box S controller is fine, but not perfect. I would have to say Gamecube's controller is the best. It would also be good for racers, cause its shoulder buttons are analogue.

NSFW: http://www.naughtybitsandbobs.com/products/103-PURa.jpg

You need a bit of imagination and dirty mind, but there we have it.

Posted by Drewboy64

Dude, I'm so playing SSBM with that thing!

Posted by Fate

The GC controller fails in fighters and FPSs. It's the most comfortable for my tiny hands because of the grooving, but the PS2 and Xbox controllers have easily accessible buttons. Of course, I speak of the huge Xbox controller and not the S controller, because I hate that tiny thing. The white and black buttons are horribly placed.

Posted by todd_freeride

I wont be able to play the PS3. I have really big hands, the PS2 controllers are small enough for me. the old X-box controllers are perfict. so looks like I wont be getting the ps3 or new nintendo :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Wings: NSFW: http://www.naughtybitsandbobs.com/products/103-PURa.jpg

You need a bit of imagination and dirty mind, but there we have it.

request b& for porn jk <3

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate][COLOR=skyblue]The GC controller fails in FPSs.[/COLOR]

Wha? The GC controller was the 2nd best FPS controller around. Only the PS2 controller sucked at them 0_o

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah. The C-stick is a bit small sure, but PS2 controller is the worst because of the analog placement. And while people who play fighter games alot may be used to the traditional button setup, I don't find much wrong with Gamecube and fighters.
And my god, Revolution will be so good. It'll have a similar effect that the DS had on me; with the DS, I played so many genres of games I never was interested in. I like puzzlers now; my brother bought Polarium and we both got Meteos. It's because of the innovation that the DS has. Also, I bought my first Wario Ware game thanks to the coolness. SO yeah, I will love revolution. Whcih is sort of off topic.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Speedfreak: Wha? The GC controller was the 2nd best FPS controller around. Only the PS2 controller sucked at them 0_o

I don't know, the shooter controls for me were a bit awkward. I don't recall ever playing a shooter on a PS2. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

Probably because the controller is awful for it :-/

Posted by <DEMONHUNTER>

Yeah... the controls for Killzone sucked.

That's very true. I hated that control scheme, and I'd managed to push it from my mind until now...

Posted by GameMiestro

Hmm. I consider the mouse to be the best FPS controller around, followed by the DS stylus.

I guess that leaves the Gamecube controller in 4'th.

Light guns.

Posted by Fate

Slime controller. <3

Posted by GameMiestro

The Zapper comes in third.

Posted by dubert69

DS stylus in 2nd??!!!!!!!! are you smoking harmful amounts of crack?

Posted by Drewboy64

Revolution Controller.

DS stylus/wriststrap is perfect for FPS's, what are you smoking?

Posted by Linko_16

We all have different preferences. I personally think all three consoles of the current generation have done a respectable job at making controllers good for all current genres.

Quoting Fate: Slime controller. <3

Your sig pic makes that thing at least ten times as cute as it already was. So cute I don't even mind emasculating myself by saying so.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Drewboy64: Revolution Controller.

Yea, the only thing perfect about metroid was the ability to curl into a ball and nuke everyone.

Controlling Samus was an utter disaster.

This regards Speedfreak. I understand that keyboards are akward because they have many functions. That is why I NEVER play on PC games. But we are talking about controllers here, not keyboards!

Quoted post: But we are talking about controllers here, not keyboards!

A keyboard is a type of controller, as is a mouse.

Since, you know, you control video games with them.

Yeah, I can see what you are getting at...

Posted by Fate

Quoting Linko_16: Your sig pic makes that thing at least ten times as cute as it already was. So cute I don't even mind emasculating myself by saying so.

We go on adventures together for great justice.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I still think that a mouse would be a better set up than a lightgun, but to be fair, teh last time I used a gun was Duck Hunt. I'm assuming the tech has progressed since then, but I havent used it, so I cant judge.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting The Prince of Persia: This regards Speedfreak. I understand that keyboards are akward because they have many functions. That is why I NEVER play on PC games. But we are talking about controllers here, not keyboards!

Keyboards have excellent advantages for some games. For instance, Final Fantasy XI for PC > FFXI for PS2.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Linko_16: Keyboards have excellent advantages for some games. For instance, Final Fantasy XI for PC > FFXI for PS2.

The controller + keyboard was best, though.

Posted by dubert69

Quoting Drewboy64: Revolution Controller.

I, actually, am smoking a bid green sticky glob of truth, my friend would you like some? The ds stylus is anything but a gimmik but it is by no means acceptable for an fps! and how does a wriststrap help?

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Lord of Spam: The controller + keyboard was best, though.

Indeed. Hopefully, Nintendo will produce a keyboard that hooks into the remote.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Revo MMOs?

The mind, it boggles.

Quoted post: and how does a wriststrap help?

Try it. It's quite amazing.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Vampiro: Try it. It's quite amazing.

For rolling around in balls nuking people.

Wait, what?

Posted by Speedfreak

Doesn't matter. He's crazy.

The thumbstrap was horrible for FPS controls if you're used to a mouse. While it emulates a control stick quite nicely, it fails at that sort of control. The stylus was a decent emulation of the mouse, so much so in fact that the control can be closely compared.

Oh, and the keyboard controller? You mean this:

or the far superior:

...?

Posted by Drewboy64

Wrist strap + FPS = more controller-like feel with mouse-like aiming. And with the new Metroid coming out, you can adjust your sensitivity so it's easier to use the strap.

Meh, I never feel comfortable using a controller for an FPS. Give me a mouse any day - however, a stylus is a **** good replacement for it.

Posted by Drewboy64

thats what's good; you can use either one. And It's sure as hell better than any analog nub

Posted by Lord of Spam

Actually, they make keyboards for the PS2.... so you can use both at the same time.

Posted by Drewboy64

keyboards dont really add to FPS's, unless it's a really really complex one. What adds to FPS's is the mouse because of the aiming.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Wings:

But this one never actually came out, did it? The only use it could've had on Gamecube is for Animal Crossing and what little writing you did there.

I think playing with my hands so far apart might weird me out at first, though. >.>;

Quoted post: Give me a mouse any day

That would be fine if you didn't have to use a keyboard.

Posted by dubert69

the "special edition" key boards for battlefield 2 and age o' empires 3 work quite nicely though

Quoting Linko_16: But this one never actually came out, did it?

It did in Japan - I'm currently in the process of buying one.

Posted by Drewboy64

What exactly would that do to change gameplay? i can't think of anything I'd use the keyboard gamecube controller for.

Posted by Speedfreak

PSO. That's it.

Posted by Klarth

One of the PSO games came out in the west, if not both of them. I think. Correct me.

They both did, but they were on the same disc, came packaged with the broadband modem, and failed to shift any units at all.