SSB Revolution Director revealed.

Posted by Drewboy64

http://cube.ign.com/articles/667/667525p1.html
Masashiro Sakurai, who left for independent developing (and worked on Meteos, the delicious DS puzzler), is working again on SSB for the third installment. Yay!

Posted by Burrito

Doesn't this belong in the Super Smash Brothers forum?

Posted by Klarth

I'm having a hard time looking at the article, seems to be a lot of traffic...

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Burrito: Doesn't this belong in the Super Smash Brothers forum?

Probably...

Anyhow I wish he would come back to HAL period, Kirby games haven't really been the same w/ out him. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Burrito]Doesn't this belong in the Super Smash Brothers forum?

It could go there, but it also applies largely to Revolution, as Smash Bros will be a launch title. It's important that people looking into Future Systems see this kind of thread, so putting it in the Smash Bros board would be a mistake.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Protoman:
Kirby games haven't really been the same w/ out him. :(

Yeah, I know, they've been better.

Posted by Burrito

That upcoming Kirby game for gamecube looks pretty good.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Speedfreak: It could go there, but it also applies largely to Revolution, as Smash Bros will be a launch title. It's important that people looking into Future Systems see this kind of thread, so putting it in the Smash Bros board would be a mistake.

Thank you. Yeah, I guess it could go in the SSB forum, but whatever. I guess it's not a big surprize he would be directing SSB again, but it's good news. He didn't do Canvas Curse, did he?

Posted by Pit

You know, in response to your rep comment (Protoman, you de-repped me and said no), well, have you played Kirby Canvas Curse? Or the second GBA Kirby game?

Well, they weren't developed by Sakurai and both were excellent games and what I consider the best games in the kirby series. So what if they haven't been the same? What, change is bad if it makes a series better?

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Burrito: That upcoming Kirby game for gamecube looks pretty good.

Its too bad there isn't a lot of info about it. Kirby GCN is probably getting delayed due to HAL working on SSBR, which really sucks. I was looking forward to playing a 4-player KSS Helper system soon.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hey, great, this means it's barely in developement then! Now we'll have to wait longer for screens and videos :(

either way, I'm glad to see he's back.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, that's what I was thinking...

I thought it was going to be a launch :/

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Pit: You know, in response to your rep comment (Protoman, you de-repped me and said no), well, have you played Kirby Canvas Curse? Or the second GBA Kirby game?

Well, they weren't developed by Sakurai and both were excellent games and what I consider the best games in the kirby series. So what if they haven't been the same? What, change is bad if it makes a series better?

I haven't played Canvas Curse, but my little brother DOES have Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, and I found that game nowhere near as fun as Kirby's Super Star, nor Kirby's Adventure.

Quoted post: Its too bad there isn't a lot of info about it. Kirby GCN is probably getting delayed due to HAL working on SSBR, which really sucks. I was looking forward to playing a 4-player KSS Helper system soon.

Who knows they might just divide up into different teams.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]Hey, great, this means it's barely in developement then! Now we'll have to wait longer for screens and videos :(

either way, I'm glad to see he's back.

No, it doesn't. There's plenty of work to be done on games that doesn't involve a director.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Maybe so, but I have a feeling it's not that far developed yet. Not as far as some expected anyways...

Posted by Drewboy64

Well, he was actually chosen back at E3. They just now announced it, so they've already worked on it for quite a few months.

Posted by Drewboy64

http://cube.ign.com/articles/673/673312p1.html

Posted by GameMiestro

Meteos? I like Meteos. This must be good news.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Speedfreak: It could go there, but it also applies largely to Revolution, as Smash Bros will be a launch title. It's important that people looking into Future Systems see this kind of thread, so putting it in the Smash Bros board would be a mistake.

You automatically assume that ALL humanoids care for this trash.

It belongs in the smash bros. thread, because that is for people who like smash bros.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Darkbackward: You automatically assume that ALL humanoids care for this trash.

It belongs in the smash bros. thread, because that is for people who like smash bros.

Maybe it doesn't matter.

Posted by Burrito

It's pretty dissappointing that work on ssb3 just started recently. I just hope they don't cut out things from it because they're rushing to get it out by launch, like they did with ssbm.

Posted by Drewboy64

they aren't rushing it. THey ddin't just choose the director, the chose the director near the time of E3, its just that they now announced it.

Posted by GameMiestro

It took them long enough...

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Drewboy64: they aren't rushing it. They ddin't just choose the director, the chose the director near the time of E3, its just that they now announced it.

Yes, and all they had was the director. He was the only member of the development staff. The new Nintendo office didn't open its doors until October and they are about to start hiring new employees, shortly. Therefore, development is just starting.

Posted by GameMiestro

Imagine a Meteos based stage for the next SSB. That would be awesomeness.