Warner Bros reinvents the Looney Tunes

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

http://www.nypost.com/commentary/22021.htm

Are you kidding? There have been countless attempts to bring them back over the years, but this one is just ludicrous.

" "This is a kids show intended for kids today who are growing up in the Internet age, an age of technology, an age of hip, cool animation, and something that we hope will resonate with that age group," explained Sander Schwartz, president of Warner Bros. Animation, in a phone interview from Hollywood."

Right, that's like telling me that Johnny Cash's last album should have been distortion-heavy, down-tuned guitars, emo-nu-metal, with some gothic chick slitting her wrists in the single's music video. Way to go, Warner Bros.

Posted by Richaod

Weird, but in some ways expectable.

Wait, actually, Bugs Bunny with badass attitude is just a crime.

Posted by Kamek

What the ....?!?!?!

This is horrible news:(.

Posted by Ant

God ...., this looks very very lame. If anything, they should just bring back the old school ones from the 50's and whatnot. Hell, I can't remember the last time I saw an old Looney Toons cartoon. I was thinking about this recently actually. It seems like children nowadays are getting crap programing when it comes to television. I grew up on the old school ones and god ....it they are still funny! OLDSKOOL4LYFE!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I saw this on the news last thursday. I can understand why they might want to modernize the looney tunes, but come on... they aren't even the Looney Tunes anymore. So idiotic.

Why couldn't they just update the classic cartoons instead of revamping the whole thing?

Posted by rivercitytecmo

think "poochie the dog".

and wtf is it set in the 2700s?

Posted by Dexter

That doesn't look like the Lola Bunny that I adore. :bowser:

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

The only saving grace is that they will not take the EXACT names of the Looney Tunes. "Buzz Bunny" is Bugs Bunny's new name, etc.

Posted by Dexter

I see. Like, it is their ancestors and stuff. I wish they would give them better characteristics. Their features are oozing with the typical tawdry insipidness. I doubt I would have even recognized Lola if they didn't embellish her with the pinkness.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

*sigh* It's not the "hip" and "cool" character designs and settings that really bother me, it's that Warner Brothers are trying to convince us that these characters are supposed to be Looney Tunes. I'd be all for a "re-imagining" of the Looney Tunes if they still maintained what made them such memorable characters in the first place. I garauntee that you won't see this "Buzz" character arguing with the Neo-Daffy about what hunting season it is, nor will there be an anvil anywhere in sight.

And Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner working together?? It's blasphemous!

Posted by Megatron

The cartoon will be forgotten 4 weeks after it first airs.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Wow, this looks terrible. I don't know about you, but I much enjoyed the Lonney toons when they didn't looked so ****ed up like that. Every looks like some sort of punk or gangster. The old versions were much better. I fear that if a movie or show is made with these new immatations of the classic characters, it may reflect their attitude based on their new drawings. For example, a punk bugs may just beat the living day lights out of some punk botheirng him instead of pulling off inocent and funny pranks like he used to in the old cartoons. The old Bugs would always do something as silly as jumping into one of a bunch of rabbit holes to tick some enemies off or give them a birthday cake full of dynamite as the candles. This new one gives me the impression that he'll be nothing like the original and that goes for the rest of the remakes. You just can't beat the classics can you?

Posted by Mixhael

Simply awful. When TinyToons came out to try and keep the WB Characters rolling that was at least a meritable attempt. This is just sad. I thank Jesus every day that I grew up with X-Men, Spider-Man, Eek The Cat, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on TV.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting los angeles: Simply awful. When TinyToons came out to try and keep the WB Characters rolling that was at least a meritable attempt. This is just sad. I thank Jesus every day that I grew up with X-Men, Spider-Man, Eek The Cat, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on TV.

Well those were the classics and there were a lot of them. But who can forget the classic Looney Toons and a bunch of others such as those now on Boomerang. You just can't beat the classics. I have yet to see a good attempt at trying to revive a classic cartoon. More often then not they come out pretty bad like those awful immitation and poorly done revival shows now on Miguzi, or at least I think they're poorly done. They certainly are nothing like the original.

Posted by inequity

I wouldnt mind this, if only these were original characters. I still wouldnt be bothered with watching it though.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

simply horrible. . . beyond words. . . the horror

Posted by Bebop

I support it. I mean, Looney Tunes were never extreme or anything. Well, sometimes they were extreme but not X-TREME. This form of X-TREME looks like it will rock your face off when you watch it. Whoa. i mean...just, whoa! For one hes a rabbit, then hes drawn all X-TREME like and then hes like in space. OMG PEOPLE! SPACE! Obviously WB have done their homeowrk because children who grow up in an interent age need to be force fed X_TREME shows otherwise they wont watch television, and space is a key factor in this new age of X-TREME.

Posted by Axis

[COLOR=Black]This is quite terrible. Altough my 8 year old cousin thinks it looks cool. Maybe I should kick him and make him watch the old batman series :/.[/COLOR]

Posted by rivercitytecmo

sorry for reviving an old thread, but i watched this yesterday for the first time and thought it was hilarious.

http://gorillamask.net/extremebugs.shtml

there's an uncensored version the web site listed at the end of it, but for some reason, i like the censored one better.

Posted by Crazy K

Forget that, I think I will stick to the regular Looney Toons and stuff.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Purely demonic. Americans need to understand that we cannont create anime, and we need to stop trying. This is just pushing the envelope beyond idiocy.

Posted by Arczu

I NEVER saw this coming. Quite frankly, I don't think it will quite take off well. Even if they manage to pull off bugs' personality, are they going to pay attention to detail like the old cartoons did? Excecution was an incredible factor in these cartoons, and that's something I think many of the animators these days seem to have lost a lot of that accuracy.

I couldn't agree more on the point that you can't beat the classics, but I wonder if this could pull out something like Duck Dodgers? That was... well pretty decent in my opinion.

Posted by bazariah

my oh my, here they go stupid studio executives who are telling us the fans what we want, i mean i'd rather they just repeat the classic 50's toons rather than embark on this project of modernization for the kids of today, a lot of the 5 year olds of todays world dont care about anything for too long these days anyways so what makes the execs think they'll watch this steaming pile of crap, in my opinion a lot of kids are happy with the way the loony tunes are, i mean my nephew has a collection of videos, as do my best mates kids... i cant see it being sucessful, and if it is will only be for no more than one season