Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (possible spoilers from the book)

Posted by MetalVox~55

Well kids-

I am going to this movie at 12:01 AM :)

From the movie reviews i've read, this is supposed to be the best of the four so far, and the trailers look fantastic. Who all is going to see/has seen this flick, and what did you/didn't you like about this movie (i.e. stuff left out from the book, scenes, actors, etc)?

Oh, and CJ:
I will be giving the metal horns to the Hungarian Horntail when it Pred-Roars in your honor.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Well consider that the first two movies, the actors were still young, so to me both of the first films were not targeted to an older audience. The third movie was easily my favorite as a movie, even if it wasn't at par with the book.

Out of every book thus far, the fourth one was the one I enjoyed the most. I always wondered what a movie from the fourth book would look like. So of course I will see it, maybe not ASAP as I am horrified by lines. I do expect to enjoy it as well, and I'll post again after seeing the flick with what little thoughts I have on it. Enjoy Scott, I mean seriously, 12:01? Just whoa.

Posted by Aesthetic

I can't wait to see this movie. Although I didn't like the first two much, the third was an improvement, and this one does look the best (from the trailors, anyway). I was going to see it tomorrow after I got out of work, but my friend Dean wants me to wait until he comes home from college next week during Thanksgiving break, so I have to wait another week. :( Still, I'm in much anticipation, as the fourth book was my favorite. I'll have to do a quick read of the book again before I leave to go see it.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Ah, I didn't realize this was out so quickly. I'm not exactly a huge Harry Potter fan, although I did read up to the fourth book, many years ago. But I may go and see this sometime with a few friends, or possibly in January.

Posted by Klarth

I hear that Radcliffe has a whopping FIVE facial expressions in this one.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Klarth: I hear that Radcliffe has a whopping FIVE facial expressions in this one.

FIVE?! That's up from the three from PoA! He must have put real work into the role..

I am also really excited to see this one. I'm planning on re-reading most of the book between now and tomorrow, and maybe watching the other movies for the hell of it.

Posted by Nightscare

im always the first one in the theater for the movies in my town

Posted by Pikamon

I saw it today at around 5pm. I love having a roomate who's also a theater manager.

I was actually surprised to see, when I got there, that there were already lines of people waiting to see the movie. I couldn't help but laugh as I walked by all of them.

Anyway, here's what I thought of the flick.

*SPOILERS*

It was pretty amazing. There's definately a lot more going on in this movie than any other previous film. Mad-eye moody is brilliant. I never read the book, but he was funny as hell in the movie.

Malfoy gets almost no screentime. I was a little let down by this because I thought he was a pretty good nemesis for Harry (sort of a mirror version of Harry). Naturally, you'd expect him to be in the movie for more than 10 seconds, but whatever.

Ron and Harry go at it, although it doesn't really seem genuine. They just aren't made to hate each other, or maybe it's because the two actors just aren't that good.

Emma Watson was better this time around (all of the actors were). She and Harry actually cried. And, GASP, what's this? REAL tears? Does anyone else remember harry "crying" in the third movie and there being no tears, or is that just me?

The villians were far superior to previous ones.

Voldimort looks amazing. I totally did not see him coming. They just sort of bring him out of no where, and with very little intro. He goes from being this sick little "thing" to being this ultimate evil, half-demonic, pale, creature of darkness. Wow.

The fightscene was pretty cool, although a bit weird. I thought it was kind of strange that Harry was able to fend of Voldimort when he is only a fourth year. How is he that good? The spirits help him at the end, but for most of the fight, he's kicking @ss.

The special effects were amazing in this one. They completely out-did the last three movies on just about every level. I was stunned. They early quiddich world cup stadium is just jaw-dropping. Excellent job.

The music was ok. Nothing special. Same old stuff.

Overall, this movie just felt better. I enjoyed the first film, liked the second film, had mixed feelings about the third, and loved this one. There was no early cameos of Harry's uncle, aunt, cousin (thank God). There was no long, drawn out sequence with the weaslies. It starts with a bad dream, and five minutes later, Harry's on his way to a really messed up adventure.

Good stuff.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Oh, and CJ:
I will be giving the metal horns to the Hungarian Horntail when it Pred-Roars in your honor.

Wasn't as clear as it was in the trailer. Yet, I still "woo'd" when that part came up.

Oh, and I tried to be grim during the Voldemort scene, but it was too exciting.

Anywho, they sure did cut A LOT out of this movie. Though, I expected it. I was disappointed to see some missing scenes, and some odd changes. Also, the movie went through the book far too fast (the feud between Harry and Ron for example)... but, that's about it for what I dislike.

It was a really good movie. Right from the beginning you could tell it was going to be awesome. I'm not going to go to review it, but I will say that the characters were quite amazing this time. It was a much darker movie, with some out-right freaky scenes. The Death Eaters were awesome (as was the Dark Mark. Holy hell, seeing that thing in the air was badass), and a lot scarier than I imagined. Voldemort was exceptional. I was a little disappointed by his transformation at first, but I grew to love it. The Tournament, though missing a few good parts, was awesome and really exciting. And I was surprised to see how funny the movie managed to be, while still being dark. I laughed quite a few times. Which was a nice tough. Since the movie was so dark, you really needed some relief.

Oh, and Emma Watson was hot as hell.

Oh, and I got a girl's phone number. I was all ":cool:", and she was like "lol". Topped off the night quite nicely.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Ehh, i'm a little let down, but i'll explain it later. I'm tired.

Posted by Mystic Hero

To me the first three movies weren't all that great. From just seeing the first two I decided that the movies weren't all that great to draw me in to go see them in the theatre anymore. Although from what I have seen of the fourth movie, I must say it is a huge improvement from the last three that came out. Out of all six books so far that have come out I enjoyed the fourth the most, so I expect this ovie will be good.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Vampiro: Anywho, they sure did cut A LOT out of this movie. Though, I expected it.

Understandable when taking into account the size of the novel

Quoting Vampiro: Oh, and Emma Watson was hot as hell.

:eek: ....YES :cool:

Quoting VAMPY BBY: Oh, and I got a girl's phone number. I was all ":cool:", and she was like "lol". Topped off the night quite nicely.

omfg lolacaust ;)

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Vampiro: Oh, and Emma Watson was hot as hell.

I've always said that Emma Watson was the new Jenny Lewis. :cool:

EDIT: [URL="http://www.medicinefilms.com/player.php?assignment_id=26&clip_id=181021&start=20&totalnum=20"]http://www.medicinefilms.com/player.php?assignment_id=26&clip_id=181021&start=20&totalnum=20[/URL]
I adore that trampoline scene. That environmentalist speech that follows is also amusing.

Posted by Klarth

Watching it right now. The quidditch stadium looks fantastic, but it's a shame that 5 minutes into the film = 30 into the book.

More later.

Posted by Xenos

I don't really like Daniel Radcliff's acting for whatever reason in this movie, well, I never really liked any of his actings.

Posted by GameMiestro

The ending scene with Karkarov was... below my expectations.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting GameMiestro: The ending scene with Karkarov was... below my expectations.

O_o Karkaroff isn't in the ending scene...

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, he's in the end. You might be thinking of the scene with Barty Crouch Jr, which also did not have much. They never explained how Barty got out of Azkaban...

Posted by netman

I thought the movie was pretty good plus [COLOR="Magenta"]OMGHARRYPOTTERBATHROOMSCENE[/COLOR] It just seemed to have a flow, although some scenes could have been developed more. Madeye was AWESOME though, <3 brendan gleeson

Posted by Klarth

Well, I was sort of disappointed. It seemed really rushed all the way through and that sucked, but most of it looked the way I'd imagined it from the book, and Voldemort looked pretty badass.

Posted by mis0

I saw it last week on opening night, and I was quite disappointed. My favourite parts of Harry's life are the ones that suck, ie, the Dursleys, Snape, etc. None of these characters really had any screen time in this one. The emotion seemed kinda forced on the part of all of the actors, but, Mad-Eye Moody gave me a real laugh, as he looks alot like a friend of the family (minus tthe eye).

It seemed horribly rushed, and hopefully, on the DVD, they might release the other 2hours of scenes they deleted for times sake.

I still like the second more, as far as coving the whole story, but, this one was OK.

Posted by Profane Acolyte

that statue of death kicks ***

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I really enjoyed it, but the ending completely ruined it for me. They ignore Barty Crouch Jnr's backstory, which is an integral part really, considering that he's an impostor all the way through it. Anyone who hasn't read the books ends up completely disoriented, and then of course Dumbledore says 'Ah yes, Priori Incantatem...' and doesn't elaborate. Which just leaves everyone who have only watched the films and not the books completely buggered.

I watched an interview with the director (third one so far, what's up with that?) and he said that it was quite easy to cut down if you said 'right, it's a thriller, cut out anything that doesn't fit into that' and it makes sense, but it seems like there's no reference to anything that's gone before or is to come.

I mean, Rita Skeeter being an Animagus. That's pretty important for the next one, because that's the only reason she writes the article for the Quibbler, and without that no-one would believe that good old Voldy's back.

Yeah, good film, but you could quite easily tack on another fifteen minutes and have done. And if you have to kick Rita's backstory out, at least shove a beetle in Hermione's hair as fanservice.

Oh, and I'm sorry, but there's no way that the Riddles' tomb would look as sinister as that, unless Voldemort altered it. They were respected members of the Hangleton comuunity, remember?

Posted by Aesthetic

I saw it last night and was incredibly disappointed. I'd be more angry if I had read the book recently and therefore remembered all of the details, so I only can pinpoint a couple of things that were vital or just good elements to the story that they left out, but still - where was the Sphinx? That was one of my favourite parts, as well as Dobby being the one to give Harry the gillyweed. And everything that Wings mentioned was pretty necessary... it was an amazing movie if you just base it on special effects and good set-up, but not if you compare it to the book. The fourth being my favourite, I was both upset and amazed with the movie version.

Posted by ExoXile

I saw it last friday, since i've only seen the movies and not read the books i can't say how off it was.
But a friend of mine explained a shi- load of things that were and wasn't there.

So anyway. I liked it, but i think they should atleast follow the books. (From what i heard it didn't.)
---

Same thing goes for LOTR :(.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Well I'm not that bothered that they cut Dobby and Winky out of the film. I mean, it's not that important, and it means that you can get rid of SPEW and all that. I have no doubt that he'll become more important in the last book, and of course he does that bit with Kreacher in HBP, but in GOF - not really a major thing.

Posted by Aesthetic

True, but I still think that they could've stretched out the maze scene just a bit longer. There seemed to be no obstacles at all - it was just a huge, foggy maze. And for hesitating with every step, Harry sure did reach the Cup amazingly fast - I loved how they all found each other within seconds. With Voldemort, the "fight scene" was awfully short (although it was pretty close to what I had imagined); and yeah, Dumbledore should've explained much more thoroughly with more than a few things.