Nintencats?

Posted by junior senior

Does anyone know any information about this game?

Posted by brownoystercult

Oh ****, I wonder how they're going to pull this one off. 'Cause all a cat can do is eat and sleep.

Oh, and I'm an avid cat hater.

EDIT:: Oh and Klarth, if you think this entire de-rep Roinkz bandwagon deal is funny, and will make me change my opinion on cats, you're wrong :). Oh, and on a sidenote, I could seriously careless about rep, so have all your goons de-rep me.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

It doesn't exist. It's just a rumour that a LOT of people want to become true.

Seriously. Never.

Posted by maian

Well, if this isn't confirmed, I doubt it's real. Pretty much all cats do are eat and sleep. You don't really need to take care of them :)

Cats > Dogs :mad:

But, er, if it were real, it'd be cool. Somehow.

Posted by Random

No thanks. I have a real cat and thats better than any game playing with a cat. I'll take my real life cat over some video game cat anyday. Nintendogs was probably better than a real dog, because you have to clean up after dogs. But cats are very clean creatures. I'll stick with Fluffo anyday :-P

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: because you have to clean up after dogs.

You don't clean out the litterbox, do you?

Posted by Random

Yes but thats a mere simple task. Besides my cats very fun to play with. It plays fetch.. Yes I said it.. Fetch.. A cat playing Fetch. Ah the Irony.

Posted by brownoystercult

No, real dogs are better than nintendogs anyday. Simply because it's ****ing real. ****.

And if you're too lazy to clean up after your own animals, then you don't deserve to own it.

Posted by Nightscare

some people on the internet made this in photoshop as a joke. this will not happen

Posted by Speedfreak

It will very likely happen and it's pretty fucking obvious that it's a photoshopped box. Why would boxart come before screenshots?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Wings: It doesn't exist. It's just a rumour that a LOT of people want to become true.

Seriously. Never.

Actually, it's quite true! Sort of.

After I saw the picture, I looked up the matter, and found this on Game Spot.

Quoting Game Spot: RUMOR #3: The minds behind the runaway DS hit Nintendogs are cooking up a similar game that features cats.

Source: An illuminating Eurogamer interview with Hideki Konno, one of the masterminds behind the game.

The official story: "Nintendo does not comment on rumors or speculation."--Nintendo of America spokesperson.

What we heard: While canine-crazed DS owners have been lapping up Nintendogs like a parched puppy, cat lovers have been feeling neglected. But, according to Eurogamer, the creators of the game have something in store for the litterbox lobby. In the interview, Konno is asked if his team is considering a Nintendogian game that will feature other animals. "To tell the truth, we were already starting to develop a cat-based game at the outset of this project [Nintendogs]," he said. "So we already have the cat models, voice data and so on." Konno explained the reasons Nintendo went with dogs over cats. "Why dogs instead of cats? Well, one of the things we really wanted to do was to let players teach tricks by utilizing their own voices...cats are at a disadvantage when it comes to learning tricks." However, Konno demurred when he was asked when a cat game would dip its paw into the market, saying "give me more time to review the possibilities!"

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus. Given the success of Nintendogs, a cat game is almost certainly coming--it's just a question of when.

So even if it isn't "Nintencats", a cat game is on the way by the makers of Nintendogs.

Posted by Zeta

I knew this was fake the moment I saw it. Its a **** shame, too. I love cats, and I'd prefer hearing their meowing instead of barking. Plus it would be funny to see a cat catch a frisbee, if they kept the programming and stuff from Nintendogs.

*Agrees w/ maian on the cats > dogs thing*

Posted by Burrito

I can see them doing this with all kinds of different animals. Nintendo is going to want to milk this for all it's worth.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Burrito: I can see them doing this with all kinds of different animals. Nintendo is going to want to milk this for all it's worth.

Nintencows
Nintenhorses
Nintenducks
Nintenbirds
Nintenpygmyelephants

I think Sega should realize the success of Nintendogs and make a Chao game. After all, those little buggers are practically the only reason I liked the Sonic Adventure games.

Posted by Drewboy64

Nintendolphins, Nintendodos, Nintendoobies
yeah, i like cats (Cats > dogs), but I don't think a Nintencats would be as good.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Nintendonkeys, surely? I'd buy it.

Or should I say, I'd bray it. OH GOD I'M FUNNY

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I'll take birds, tyvm.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Angelwing: I'll take birds, tyvm.

As someone great once said:

Quoting Xenos: budgie

Posted by dylananisa

yha all my cat does is eat sleep scratch the hell out of everything

Posted by dylananisa

nintengirls college friends I found this on a web site

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Roinkz: And if you're too lazy to clean up after your own animals, then you don't deserve to own it.

Agreed.

I adore cats, but it would make for a lousy videogame. If Nintendogs has a point, it's to train them and enter them in contests, but you can't do that with cats. In fact, none of the perks of having a cat, such as cuddling and whatnot, can be emulated on the DS, so the whole game would be "watch your cat walk around."

NintenParrots? Maybe.

Posted by Drewboy64

They need a fur simulater so you can pet your nintencat!

Quoting dylananisa: nintengirls college friends I found this on a web site

Yeah I saw that too. Some people wondered if you could still put a leash on her.

Posted by casperbird

yeah, there's much more to do with a dog. A cat's life is eat, eat, sleep...
But they might come up with a nintencats game and find something unique and interesting to do instead of a walk. However, I've heard that nintencats is just a rumour.

Posted by Moogs

True, and even if it did come out it wouldn't be near as good as Nintendogs.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: You don't clean out the litterbox, do you?

My cat poops outside

Posted by junior senior