Is the PSP going the way of the...

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

...Virtual Boy already? I went to Target to try out the new 360 and buy some green tea, and I noticed: nothing for the PSP, at all. No system, no games, no peripherals, no display case. The DS and GBA, in contrast, both had relatively large display cases and lots of available games.

As for the 360, I played it, and all I can say is: who cares? It's just a higher-res version of the XBox with smoother, crisper details. No real gameplay changes will come from this generation's improvement.

Posted by Fate

I don't know about Target, but everywhere else I go has a whole section dedicated to the PSP. :/

Posted by Linko_16

I was just at Target two hours ago and there was plenty of PSP stuff. The PSP is too conventional to go bottoms-up quite the way the Virtual Boy did.

Posted by Osic

The only time Ive ever seen someone use a PSP was when a guy, mid 20 was playing a car game on it, while actualy driving. Ive seen plenty more DS's around but no one older then about 16. The PSP wont disapear as long as it has idiots like this guy to buy it, and theres lots of them around

Posted by Fate

Not everyone that buys a PSP is an idiot, and not every consumer is an idiot.

oll I just realized I made a typo.

Posted by Osic

I didnt say that. There will be the gamers around buying PSP's but thier extra sales comes from cashed up 20 somthing males who will buy it not relizing they will only use it at inaproapiate times or as a bulky MP3 player. By no means is everyone an idiot who buys a PSP, but a large proportion of sales will go to idiots who dont even know it plays games.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I wont be suprised if the PSP fades away. It desperately needs some good games to keep it afloat.

Its never good when the only press a system is getting is that it has nothing going for it.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's going to die very fast. It's a poor mp3 player that stands no chance against iPod whatsoever, mobile phones are going to be more popular as portable movie playback and DS is kicking it's *** on the game front. There's really not much it can do, it's an extremely ill thought-out product.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Fate: Not everyone that buys a PSP is an idiot, and not ever consumer is an idiot.

Fate, haven't you learned by now that if it isn't a Nintendo console and you buy it, you're an idiot?

Posted by Fate

I'm sorry. What was I thinking? :(

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Fate: Not everyone that buys a PSP is an idiot, and not ever consumer is an idiot.

He didn't say that everyone that buys a PSP is an idiot. He just said that lots of idiots buy it. Don't bend his words.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Osic: The PSP wont disapear as long as it has idiots like this guy to buy it, and theres lots of them around

He basically said that a majority of PSP-buyers are idiots, since it obviously takes more than just a few to keep a system going strong. I didn't bend anything.

Posted by Burrito

Yes, but he did not say that all of them were idiots. Which actually makes a significant difference.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Burrito: He didn't say that everyone that buys a PSP is an idiot. He just said that lots of idiots buy it. Don't bend his words.

Well, ****, he must have some **** good statistics, huh?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Virtual Boy was an underappreciated, innovative machine. The psp is an overappreciated handheld that combines a number of things that other machines do better.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Speedfreak: It's going to die very fast. It's a poor mp3 player that stands no chance against iPod whatsoever, mobile phones are going to be more popular as portable movie playback and DS is kicking it's *** on the game front. There's really not much it can do, it's an extremely ill thought-out product.

I wouldn't say ill-thought out. Just poor planing as far as the future of the system was concerned. Cause it started it out fine.

Posted by Big Boss

PSP will do just fine. UMD movies are keeping the system selling quite well, and when popular titles come out at a steadier pace, it'll do even better.

Quoting Pit]Fate, haven't you learned by now that if it isn't a Nintendo console and you buy it, you're an idiot?

Wow, I can't begin to imagine what you must think of the N-Gage, then.

They designed it so that the screen interferes with the square button.

Posted by Klarth

That doesn't seem to happen anymore, though. I got mine about a month ago (the firmware on it was 1.52 ftr) and aside from dipping ever-so-slightly-too-deeply on the left, the square button's fine. And yeah, I read that article where they stated that it wasn't a manufacturing flaw.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Klarth: That doesn't seem to happen anymore, though. I got mine about a month ago (the firmware on it was 1.52 ftr) and aside from dipping ever-so-slightly-too-deeply on the left, the square button's fine. And yeah, I read that article where they stated that it wasn't a manufacturing flaw.

"They" being Ken Kutaragi. Like Satoru Iwata, he's someone that tends to say a lot of conflicting statements to the press, and stuff that ends up not being true at all. Of course it was a manufacturing flaw. Sony ****ed up on the first batch. No one at Sony went, "HEY, let's get bad publicity for no reason at all by messing up the square button."

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]PSP will do just fine. UMD movies are keeping the system selling quite well, and when popular titles come out at a steadier pace, it'll do even better.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Unless Sony is releasing all the movies themselves, that's a good way to lose money fast, to not sell games.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting ///Phantom: Unless Sony is releasing all the movies themselves, that's a good way to lose money fast, to not sell games.

Don't be suprised if Sony does release most of the movies, as they own some of the larger movie studios, including Sony Pictures, Screen Gems, Columbia/Tri-Star, and MGM.

As far as the PSP is concerned though, I think that it may stay afloat for just a little bit longer, but there is no way that it will accomplish what it set out to do, which was overthrough Nintendo from the handheld throne. What other people have said is true, the PSP is overhyped, has no innovation, and does things that other things can do better, such as iPod. Infact iPod, as most of us know, plays movies now. Most people will get that for movies then PSP for movies, so PSP already has lost on two fronts (MP3 being the second). Another front is the whole internet thing, a handheld PC does the internet better than the PSP. I would rather have a laptop even. One last front of course is the games. I have played some PSP games, and they are somewhat cool, but not enough to make me go out and buy a PSP.

So pretty much on most fronts, the PSP is losing, and could eventually die out like the rest of them.

The problem is, Phantom, just like with sony's consoles, the psp could become extremely popular because of something sony has 3rd-parties do for them. In fact, with movies improving the psp's userbase, it's even worse than with their consoles. Once so many units of the hardware have been sold, sony can just point to that sales figure and use their "Look at how big our userbase is! Jump in bed with us!" argument that's worked so well for them regardless of the quality of their products.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I'd actually like to offer that the PSP itself is not a bad bit of kit at all. I got one a couple of months ago, and while it never gets as much play time as my DS, it doesn't deserve the bad press everyone's giving it. The square button is not an issue - I wouldn't have noticed it had I not been researching the PSP online. As with any console, the games will make or break it.

And to be honest, while there aren't many of us - the core gamers, I suppose - who see a future in the games, the majority of the gaming population, who buy a PSP 'simply because it's Sony, and it's gonna be better', are casual gamers.

And with Midnight Club, GTA, NFSU, THUG2R, and a string of EA games, it's not actually a bad lineup for those people. PSP is getting who it wants.

Posted by Random

Although the PSP is way too expensive for my taste, it's definately not fading out. Sales are rising. Sales are almost as much as the DS per monthly sales as of late (which still puts the PSP behind DS overall in sales but still). The gaming is slowly increasing. Within a year or two with a price drop included, i'll probably pick up a PSP. Memory though.. That costs a lot of $$$

Posted by Speedfreak

You're joking, right? DS is selling twice as much as PSP on a weekly basis.

And the 32 meg memory card that's included is big enough for most things, unless you want downloaded content.

Posted by psp

Quoting Fate: He basically said that a majority of PSP-buyers are idiots, since it obviously takes more than just a few to keep a system going strong. I didn't bend anything.

I'm not an idiot........

Anyways, i dont think the psp will die. It is making a lot of sales and it has released some good games recently. I have a DS and a PSP and i play my PSP a lot more. I picked up some of the newer psp games (Socom, Legend of Heros, and GTA) and they have kept me buisy. Though the PSP probably isnt making as many sales as the DS, it is still a good system and it is still making money. Hell, i bet that during the holiday season the DS will make three times as many sales than the PSP will, but that still doesnt mean the PSP isnt making money. Everyone has their own opinions on the PSP, but hardly anyone has facts on it.

Posted by Drewboy64

PSP won't die out too quickly, but it will definately be loosing to the DS. Especially with wifi games like Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters, Animal Crossing, etc. But I think people will still buy the PSP. Sony's next handheld might do better though, if they learn from their all-games-for-PSP-suck mistake.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Drewboy64: PSP won't die out too quickly, but it will definately be loosing to the DS. Especially with wifi games like Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters, Animal Crossing, etc. But I think people will still buy the PSP. Sony's next handheld might do better though, if they learn from their all-games-for-PSP-suck mistake.

I just find it funny that only the people who don't have a PSP or have played one on this forum say all the games suck.

Errr, I mean, all of Nintendo's consoles are perfect and you won't find a single game that sucks on it, because so innovative kiwi-sama kekeke ^_^

Posted by Speedfreak

I've played one, my friend owned one. Twice. They do suck.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Speedfreak: I've played one, my friend owned one. Twice. They do suck.

So, your friend had all the games and you sat down and individually played every game that has been released on PSP?

COOL!

Posted by Ant

I'm assuming he is saying the majority of the games suck..

Which they don't...but I can't think of any amazing stand out games that are a must have for the PSP.

Posted by Nightscare

the psp will go the way of the neo-geo in 1 1/2 years

Posted by Pit

Of course there aren't gonna be any stand out games on the PSP.

Unlike the DS, the PSP doesn't attempt to change the face of gaming. It's just bringing the console experience to the palm of your hands. Has there been watered down ports? Yes, but has there been original games in as well? Of course.

But just because a game doesn't stand out or really wow a person by doing something new or innovative doesn't mean it suck. I mean, take Ridge Racer for example.

It was possibly the greatest Ridge Racer game to be created, but was it really something new, I mean, do you play it in a different way? Not really, but it's still an excellent game nonetheless.

Posted by Pit

Of course there aren't gonna be any stand out games on the PSP.

Unlike the DS, the PSP doesn't attempt to change the face of gaming. It's just bringing the console experience to the palm of your hands. Has there been watered down ports? Yes, but has there been original games in as well? Of course.

But just because a game doesn't stand out or really wow a person by doing something new or innovative doesn't mean it suck. I mean, take Ridge Racer for example.

It was possibly the greatest Ridge Racer game to be created, but was it really something new, I mean, do you play it in a different way? Not really, but it's still an excellent game nonetheless.

Posted by Speedfreak

So why aren't you buying another PSP, then?

Posted by Pit

Quoting Speedfreak: So why aren't you buying another PSP, then?

because the first one got robbed, I don't have $250 to dish out, I'm borrowing my friends for the time being (who doesn't play all his consoles as work/school/etc.) and the games that have recently been coming out haven't interested me.

Once Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Maverick Hunter X, and certain RPG's come out, I'll more than likely get one :)

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Frankly, the PSP isn't going anywhere but up. If anything, the PSP is more popular than the 360, leastways around where I live. Large sections of EBX and the like have cleared out a lot of the room that the GBA and DS used to take up just for the sucker.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Pit: Unlike the DS, the PSP doesn't attempt to change the face of gaming.

No, it attempted to dethrone Nintendo, and so far they haven't succeeded.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Protoman: No, it attempted to dethrone Nintendo, and so far they haven't succeeded.

Okay, now what does that have to do with my statement?

Posted by Nightscare

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Frankly, the PSP isn't going anywhere but up. If anything, the PSP is more popular than the 360, leastways around where I live. Large sections of EBX and the like have cleared out a lot of the room that the GBA and DS used to take up just for the sucker.

where do you live, supersuckyvideogameville? you stupid ginger kids with your gingervitis.

Posted by Random

Quoting Speedfreak: You're joking, right? DS is selling twice as much as PSP on a weekly basis.

Maybe "used" to be, but definately not anymore. I know the PSP hasn't surpassed it in sales on a weekly basis but it's definately caught up.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Maybe "used" to be, but definately not anymore. I know the PSP hasn't surpassed it in sales on a weekly basis but it's definately caught up.

I read a week or two ago on GameStop that the PSP has been selling faster than the DS, making it the fastest selling PlayStation ever. They reported that it's been catching up despite the fact that the DS was released relatively sooner. However, they also said it was thanks to the multimedia capabilities of the system, as post-launch PSP games have been doing rather poorly in sales. Hm, smart of Sony to add all that non-gaming functionality on it, even if it makes us gamers not care for it all that much (Until Alpha 3, *****es!!!).

Smart? Or the stupidest thing in video game history? Unless they're already making a profit on hardware sales, that is.

Posted by Drewboy64

Well, I have Mario Kart DS now. That's really all I have to say.

Posted by Random

Quoting Big Boss]By that logic, the Xbox was stupid, too. Microsoft has yet to profit from Xbox systems sold since it came out in 2001. They were simply trying to set their userbase. The PSP is doing just that, and it only needs more popular games (Lumines and GTA:LCS only come to mind) to expand their gamer userbase.

So, no, the stupidest thing in recent videogame history is still the N-Gage (At least to name something other than the Virtual Boy. :))

Posted by Ant

PSP SUX

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoting Big Boss]Wow, you are not a smart individual whatsoever.

Posted by Random

What does wrestling have to do with the Virtual boy? Is there something i'm not getting? Maybe i'm just retarded but that statement doesn't make any sense to me.

Posted by Ant

Wrestling may suck...BUT NOT AS MUCH AS SONY AND THE PSP!

Ant. Stop it. It was funny at first, but... wait. No it wasn't.

And oi, big boys, stop fighting. I guess I've known you too long not to realise you're just messing about, but meh. Personally I think it's interesting to get an outsider's view on things like the Virtual Boy and everything, because that way you get an unbiased view, albeit often one blighted by advertising and propaganda. On the PSP - well, I have a brother who's only just bought his first games console - an XBox, probably because he's played my GameCube and PS2 to death and when I moved away he wanted something different But ask him his opinion on the PSP and DS, he'll go for the PSP every time. Now, IMO, he's had equal experience of both (as I own both, heh). And on the first few minutes of play, he was won over by the wow factor of the PSP every time.

That's really what'll keep it afloat, I think. The wow factor. I know that's why I bought mine. The fact that it's not only pretty awesome graphics for something that tiny, but also - and this is important - that the DS can't handle anything that impressive. Without actually playing the machines, everyone thinks the PSP is superior. And that's what moves systems, because there's very little 'try before you buy' in the games industry.

The only thing the DS has going for it - and this isn't from an in-depth perspective, you understand, this is from the view of the bloke on the street who only sees the display stands, of which I realise there are few, but allow me to stretch the metaphor, please - is its lower price point, and possibly the touch screen (which has been advertised as little more than a gimmick). Once the PSP drops in price we'll see a more accurate table of sales, because there will be more of a real choice. At the moment it's a bit like 'well, this one has amazing graphics, but it's £180 more expensive, and I might as well get this one which doesn't do a bad job". When it comes down, though, it'll be more like "well, this has more than twice the graphical power and it's less than twice the price! bargain!"

I guess this is where Nintendo's 'price-our-systems-lower-than-the-competition" strategy breaks down. Sony and Microsoft end up forcing their prices down to next to nothing (you can get a GameCube now, new, for less than the price of two games), and the games end up being more expensive because it's less popular - something that I hope doesn't carry over to the Revolution. And it becomes less of a real option, and more of a 'you don't want that, it's cheap rubbish' choice.

SomebodyRandom, I made a comment that implied that wrestling fans are a lower form of life on this planet than anyone with a valid opinion about anything cool. Comments such as those draw my enemies into the open, gather them in one place, and allow me to summarily ignore them as they vent their impotent rage against my calm superiority.

lol, that sounds so stupid

Not nearly as stupid as a one liner that a 2nd-grader could write to have more of an impact.

Posted by Speedfreak

I have to agree. Wrestling is total crap. You have to be 6 years old to find it entertaining.

Posted by Pit

I, Pit, just realized, as a fan of wrestling, that my opinion isn't valid simply because I enjoy watching wrestling.

Man, I'm so stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Yeah, now you can't join the local debating society.

Admitting that you have a problem is the first step to becoming a better human being, Pit. Besides, some of your other opinions might coincidentally actually be quite valid. Once you work on the whole wrestling thing, though, you'll see things on a whole new level.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Wings: Yeah, now you can't join the local debating society.

Well, there goes my life goal. Guess I'm gonna end up working McDonalds full time while paying child support to my overweight fat black wife.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Pit]I, Pit, just realized, as a fan of wrestling

I'm not talking to you anymore.

Quoted post: Not nearly as stupid as a one liner that a 2nd-grader could write to have more of an impact.

That's because it's difficult for me to think of words after I read such a stupid post as your's. Whether you were joking or not, both comments by you were completely retarded. Your first one was narrow-minded, thinking that just because someone likes something you don't, they are automatically wrong. Your second comment was dumb... because this is a forum based on video games, not an actual video game. I don't think you have "enemies" that you need to draw out into the open. Not to mention your intent sounds completely fabricated and even more like a cop-out.

*Shrugs*

Posted by Fate

Quoting Speedfreak: I have to agree. Wrestling is total crap. You have to be 6 years old to find it entertaining.

:/

Not really. You'd have to be six years old to believe the stories, but watching it isn't so bad.

Quoting Vampiro: That's because it's difficult for me to think of words after I read such a stupid post as your's. Whether you were joking or not, both comments by you were completely retarded. Your first one was narrow-minded, thinking that just because someone likes something you don't, they are automatically wrong. Your second comment was dumb... because this is a forum based on video games, not an actual video game. I don't think you have "enemies" that you need to draw out into the open. Not to mention your intent sounds completely fabricated and even more like a cop-out.

*Shrugs*

Yeah. I know what you mean. Me am having hard time put the letters together after reading that post of "your's."

Look up the word "retarded" in the dictionary (a thick book with the words of the English language in alphabetical order). I don't think I "held back" at all.

Really, Vampiro. Do I need to cop-out of an argument about Virtual Boy? It's widely accepted that most people hated it, or at least thought they did without trying it. In any case, I didn't say that just because someone likes something that I don't that they're wrong. I implied that because someone likes certain things, they are not as intelligent as those who know better, and are thus unqualified to lecture me about the coolness of anything I do like.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate]:/

[COLOR=skyblue]Not really. You'd have to be six years old to believe the stories, but watching it isn't so bad.[/COLOR]

It's awful.

Posted by sniper

I'd like to see sale figures of DS, GBASP, and GBA Micro compared to the PSP, if anyone knows where I could find em.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Speedfreak]It's awful.

You're "awful." RAWR.

[quote=Prince Shondronai]Yeah. I know what you mean. Me am having hard time put the letters together after reading that post of "your's."

Look up the word "retarded" in the dictionary (a thick book with the words of the English language in alphabetical order). I don't think I "held back" at all.

Really, Vampiro. Do I need to cop-out of an argument about Virtual Boy? It's widely accepted that most people hated it, or at least thought they did without trying it. In any case, I didn't say that just because someone likes something that I don't that they're wrong. I implied that because someone likes certain things, they are not as intelligent as those who know better, and are thus unqualified to lecture me about the coolness of anything I do like.

Uh... you realize that the last segment of your "argument" barely makes any sense at all right? Or the parts that do are just blatant facts restated.

[quote=sniper]I'd like to see sale figures of DS, GBASP, and GBA Micro compared to the PSP, if anyone knows where I could find em.

LET THE SOMEBODYRANDOM ANSWER THIS ONE! He works at... what was it, EBGames? Or Gamestop? Or what?

Posted by Pit

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Yeah. I know what you mean. Me am having hard time put the letters together after reading that post of "your's."

All you managed to get him on was a grammatical error, which all in all, his post was still legible. You know what his point was and what he was getting accross, but in order to get the last word it, let's analyze every single word and for one wrong, let's exploit the other person.

He's just saying that what you're saying is pretty dumb. Just because someone likes a certain program, or anything for that matter, doesn't make them any dumber than you or me, making an arguement invalid.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=sniper]I'd like to see sale figures of DS, GBASP, and GBA Micro compared to the PSP, if anyone knows where I could find em.

I don't have exact figures, but it's basically like this: all three combined are beating PSP.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Speedfreak: I don't have exact figures, but it's basically like this: all three combined are beating PSP.

You missed the phrase "BY A LOT."

Quoted post: Yeah. I know what you mean. Me am having hard time put the letters together after reading that post of "your's."

Oh wow, an error on my part AND you're getting technical on me. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you couldn't grasp slang. But hey, if that's really all you have, so be it. But you know it's bad when you have to resort to grammar. Especially when the rest of my post was perfectly fine, and also when I rarely make such a mistake.

Oh, and by the way, you MAY want to look in the dictionary yourself.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=retarded
"Often Offensive. Affected with mental retardation."

Quoted post: Really, Vampiro. Do I need to cop-out of an argument about Virtual Boy? It's widely accepted that most people hated it, or at least thought they did without trying it. In any case, I didn't say that just because someone likes something that I don't that they're wrong. I implied that because someone likes certain things, they are not as intelligent as those who know better, and are thus unqualified to lecture me about the coolness of anything I do like.

No, you're a narrow-minded fool. That's all. If you think someone who enjoys wrestling or different games/consoles is any less intelligent/qualified than you are, you really are an idiot.

A person CAN enjoy silly saturday morning cartoons, and yet, still be brilliant when it comes to math and science. I can watch something fake and stupid as wrestling, but I can also enjoy deep conversations about philosophy, gaming, science and so on. I don't see how you could possibly come to the conclusion you came to, and yet, STILL try to talk to me like an idiot.

Posted by Boner

/derailed

Silly Saturday morning cartoons are one thing. They can still contain elements of high comedy coupled with over-the-top action that isn't possible in live-action without considerable and often dumb-looking computer augmentation. They can offer something new, exciting, or stimulating. Fight shows with few-to-no real injuries/interesting motives are only enjoyed by those with no grasp of the multitude of better uses for their time. If you were truly capable of understanding the deeper topics and carrying on a serious debate, you wouldn't try to respond to someone with "Duh...You're retarded! You're an idiot! I fear what you're saying, so you're stupid!"

That definition from dictionary.reference.com is laughable. You don't use a different tense of a word to define the word itself.

Just as liking to watch the evisceration of real, live babies would make you an evil person, liking to watch wrestling makes you a simple one.

Quoted post: Silly Saturday morning cartoons are one thing. They can still contain elements of high comedy coupled with over-the-top action that isn't possible in live-action without considerable and often dumb-looking computer augmentation. They can offer something new, exciting, or stimulating. Fight shows with few-to-no real injuries/interesting motives are only enjoyed by those with no grasp of the multitude of better uses for their time.

You must be joking...

Wrestling can contain comedy, over-the-top action, entertainment, fun, and whatever else. Wrestling is the exact same as every other form of entertainment. It's exactly that, entertainment. They all offer the exact same thing, though executed in a different matter. I'm not quite sure how you can belittle wrestling, and yet promote cartoons. They're both equally stupid in that they offer nothing of value. That's why it's called entertainment.

Quoted post: If you were truly capable of understanding the deeper topics and carrying on a serious debate, you wouldn't try to respond to someone with "Duh...You're retarded! You're an idiot! I fear what you're saying, so you're stupid!"

I don't take this "argument" with you seriously... so I'm not exactly going to try my hardest.
Either way, if you had bothered to actually read my posts, they were nothing like you make them out to be.
But yeah, you're right, I fear your text! My God, man. Don't be so pathetic.

Quoted post:
That definition from dictionary.reference.com is laughable. You don't use a different tense of a word to define the word itself.

Once again, "slang". Look it up.

This isn't an essay. I don't have to be formal.

Posted by boomstick

Hey, no more wrestling arguements, this flying off topic.

Prince: Stop, no joke, there is absolutely no need to continue on with this arguement, so anymore on the subject from here on out will be deleted.

Posted by gnarkill66

Quoting ///Phantom:

As for the 360, I played it, and all I can say is: who cares? It's just a higher-res version of the XBox with smoother, crisper details. No real gameplay changes will come from this generation's improvement.

I couldn't have said it better myself , who cares? <--- exactly! It's a white xbox with sharper graphics

Posted by Darth Vader

Uncertain is the future of the PSP. As of now though it's doing fine.

The Xbox 360 needs to be in a black color.

Quoted post: The Xbox 360 needs to be in a black color.

Gotta agree with you there.

I dislike this white craze.

Posted by Drewboy64

They're silver. Only the Rev was shown truely white.

Posted by rudybaga2

the nin DS is for little crap that say "look what i got look what i got and you dont" or they wanna as cool as there friends that arent cool at all and just have to much time on there hand. u could say the psp is like vurtal boy but what about .gba,ds,sega handheld,n gage(which i think stupid) why would you rate it on just the vurtal boy.it might look like other systems but it was made to boost sonys sales and for a handheld ps2..watch when the ps3 comes out there will be a pstg or something (play station to go)

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting rudybaga2: the nin DS is for little crap that say "look what i got look what i got and you dont" or they wanna as cool as there friends that arent cool at all and just have to much time on there hand. u could say the psp is like vurtal boy but what about .gba,ds,sega handheld,n gage(which i think stupid) why would you rate it on just the vurtal boy.it might look like other systems but it was made to boost sonys sales and for a handheld ps2..watch when the ps3 comes out there will be a pstg or something (play station to go)

Never talk ever again.

Posted by Burrito

I think we need a translator.

Posted by nich

Quoting rudybaga2: the nin DS is for little crap that say "look what i got look what i got and you dont"

Yeah right, the DS is far from a "look what I got" system. Its downright ugly in comparison to the PSP so do you really think people want to flash it around trying to impress their friends?

Posted by Darth Vader

The PSP tis a w00tin system. My friend played DS ROMs on it.

Posted by Speedfreak

...how's that work?

Posted by Darth Vader

Quoting Speedfreak: ...how's that work?

I don't understand it myself, but he said he was playing some game for the DS on his PSP.

Posted by Pit

Well, he's a moron, because... you know, it's not... what's the word I'm looking for...

possible?

Oh, it's possible, just not very useful. Seeing as the PSP has no touch screen. I assume there's some sort of weird analogue control. It'd only work on some games - say, Mario 64 DS. In fact, a ROM of that would work quite well on a PSP. As would Mario Kart. Each game works without the touchscreen controls.

Posted by Random

Pit it's not impossible.. Anythings possible, but it certainly hasn't happend to my knowledge. Therefore it's probably just a rumor/lie and we can all rest knowing that.

I'm sure I heard tell of a DS emulator that's been adapted for PSP.

Posted by Pit

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Pit it's not impossible.. Anythings possible, but it certainly hasn't happend to my knowledge. Therefore it's probably just a rumor/lie and we can all rest knowing that.

Possible in the sense that the psp doesn't have 2 screens rendering the whole emulator useless as ****

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]Oh, it's possible, just not very useful. Seeing as the PSP has no touch screen. I assume there's some sort of weird analogue control. It'd only work on some games - say, Mario 64 DS. In fact, a ROM of that would work quite well on a PSP. As would Mario Kart. Each game works without the touchscreen controls.

Um. Other screen? Microphone?

Well, the PSP screen can comfortably fit two scaled down DS screens side by side, and it's got a microphone port.

No, I don't know why I'm continuing with this farce, it is completely pointless (especially since I own both machines). But it could be done with a little bit of thought.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Wings: I'm sure I heard tell of a DS emulator that's been adapted for PSP.

Nope. Nothing like that's happened yet. Most advanced emu on the PSP right now is a PS emu that can run FFVII at about 1fps. And a homebrew Quake II is in the making, but that's a different story.

Posted by Drewboy64

Well I'm gonna go play Nintendogs on my PSP. ****, I can't do anything!

Posted by Random

Quoting Klarth: Nope. Nothing like that's happened yet. Most advanced emu on the PSP right now is a PS emu that can run FFVII at about 1fps. And a homebrew Quake II is in the making, but that's a different story.

Doesn't sound too shabby. *sigh* PSP... DS... They're handhelds. I'm really losing interest in both of them. I think they've both fallen short to what I expected. If I purchase a handheld, it'll be a Laptop :-P

Posted by Jesus of Suburbia

Quoting Vampiro: Gotta agree with you there.

I dislike this white craze.

I bet they will come out with a black color down the road.

PSP has a black version, as does DS, as does iPod, as does PS2, XBox, and GameCube. What do you mean?