Less than 1 Week (XBox360)

Posted by Random

The Xbox 360 comes out Tuesday November 22nd, which is 6 days from when this thread was/is created. Who here is one of the lucky people that pre ordered it thats getting one? Who here pre ordered one that isn't getting one til second shipment, and who here is going to try to pick one up out of stores like Wal Mart/Kmart/Target that don't do pre orders?

Which console did/are you getting (Core/Fully Loaded)??

What games do you plan on purchasing?

Do you have an HDTV?

Plan on playing XBox Live!?

As for myself.. I had a pre order, but I had to sell it for car insurance cash. I work at the local Kmart (I await them to change the name to GayMart) so naturally I plan on going to pick it up when it's released. I'm getting the Fully Loaded System with Perfect Dark Zero. I have Halo 1+2, Ninja Gaiden, and Star Wars KOTOR still, so even if I only pick up one 360 game at first, I'll have those games to play with the backwards compatibility.

I don't have an HDTV which sucks, because the High Definition really makes a difference. Eventually though. I do plan on playing Xbox Live. My membership doesn't run out til January.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=SomebodyRandom]the High Definition really makes a difference.

I loled.

Posted by Random

It does... At work we picked up an HDTV because of the difference. The even compared.. Regular TV's suck compared to HDTV. I never really noticed the difference.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's 1.5 times better. Big whoop.

Posted by Drewboy64

yeah, HDTV sure does make a difference... Yup. Not gameplay.

And if I was getting a 360, i'd probably get the full system.

Posted by Axis

Probably? I would hope to god that you would.

Anyways, I'm getting mine next Tuesday. Can't wait to start playing. :cool:

Posted by Boner

I have not preordered the 360. In fact, I will probably never buy one. I may go with the Revolution or the PS3. And I'm not even in a big hurry for either of them. I have enough games at the moment to keep me content for quite a while. My PSP alone keeps me pretty busy. But, I do plan on getting a nice 54" flat screen projection TV that is HD ready. I will probably use my tax return to pay for it. So, at least I'll have that when I do decide to buy a nextgen system.

Posted by Atomicgames

im syched to play the 360 it will be so sick

Posted by Atomicgames

i have to find some cash for the system now after i realized how amazing it is after seeing the tech videos.

Posted by Mmm.... GOOD!!!

Pre Ordered... Dunno what shipment... PDZ... Quake 4... Fully Loaded System.... Heil Hitlar... Yes HDTV... Yes XBL already have a name... all in all it costs 560 bucks w/ tax and all.

Posted by Burrito

I'm really looking forward to not buying a 360! I can't wait!

Posted by Linko_16

I'm still waiting to get a good deal on the first X-Box.

Posted by Osic

I already have 2 computers, I dont need another one.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I played on a 360 today at an EB. Wasnt impressed AT ALL. All ti had to offer was marginally prettier graphics.

Posted by coromoro

Xbox? More like... Gay-Box. :cool:

I'm joking, but yeah, I won't get one. :)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting coromoro: Xbox? More like... Gay-Box. :cool:

QFT.

Posted by higbvuyb

I'll probably get it at around Christmas the year before the next Xbox launches, like last time. At a really cheap price.

Posted by Random

Quoting Lord of Spam: I played on a 360 today at an EB. Wasnt impressed AT ALL. All ti had to offer was marginally prettier graphics.

How can you say that when you haven't even been able to play the Games? You can only play Demo's which I might add the Call of Duty 2 and Kameo Demo's Kick ***. The graphics are superior (of course), and the controller is bangin. The High Definition makes a huge difference. I was comparing the difference and it's spectacular. If you weren't impressed, it maybe because you didn't try it enough :-P

Microsoft is going to have way more sales I predict with this than the Xbox itself. If Microsoft only made 1 Million units for the first launch, and everywhere and it's brother is sold out and then some, it's going to be a crazy launch. Getting a hold of one will be hard if you haven't had yours pre ordered.

Posted by brownoystercult

Uh, not everyone has an HDTV.

And seriously, just because you're interested in the 360, doesn't mean everyone else is. So keep it to yourself.

Posted by Random

wtf? Its a thread about it. I'm quite able to chat about it on this thread am I not? If you got a problem with it, talk to me about it but i've done nothing wrong.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

"and who here is going to try to pick one up out of stores like Wal Mart/Kmart/Target that don't do pre orders"

HOYL FCUCK, are you serious? I guess I do have a chance after all.

There are nineteen possible locations near me that are going to be selling the 360, and of those, we have:

1 Kmart
1 Target
2 Wal-Marts

Excellent, looks....slightly more favorable. Sometimes it's good to live in a pathetic looser hick town.

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting SomebodyRandom: wtf? Its a thread about it. I'm quite able to chat about it on this thread am I not? If you got a problem with it, talk to me about it but i've done nothing wrong.

I meant keep the feelings of the demo's to yourself. Sure you can say they're awesome and all that, but it's been going on for a little too long now.

Posted by Random

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: "and who here is going to try to pick one up out of stores like Wal Mart/Kmart/Target that don't do pre orders"

HOYL FCUCK, are you serious? I guess I do have a chance after all.

There are nineteen possible locations near me that are going to be selling the 360, and of those, we have:

1 Kmart
1 Target
2 Wal-Marts

Excellent, looks....slightly more favorable. Sometimes it's good to live in a pathetic looser hick town.

If I may add.. You may want to wait outside for sometime to get in the building to get a 360. Most places are going "First come First serve." Luckily I know security and they'll let me in a little early to purchase it. Sure it sucks for the customers but oh well. First come first serve and i'll be served first ^_^

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

- tuesday
- Fully-loaded
- Call of Duty 2
Kameo: Elements Of Power
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Perfect Dark Zero
Dead Or Alive 4

Posted by higbvuyb

I doubt that with conventional consoles, such as the Xbox 360 and the PS3, the actual console changes the gameplay much, except for the controller, the game does that, all the console does is give developers more power to play with. The Revolution, however, is different.

Posted by Random

Yeah but how? I mean sure it has the great backwards compatibility but both the PS3 and 360 have that. What makes the revolution so different? The Remote Controller idea? Because I don't really see anything other than the compatibility (Which trust me is the reason why i'll buy one)..

Posted by Lord of Spam

[quote=SomebodyRandom]How can you say that when you haven't even been able to play the Games? You can only play Demo's which I might add the Call of Duty 2 and Kameo Demo's Kick ***. The graphics are superior (of course), and the controller is bangin. The High Definition makes a huge difference. I was comparing the difference and it's spectacular. If you weren't impressed, it maybe because you didn't try it enough :-P

Uh, I did play the games. They had CoD2 out on a demo system (which was under a glass case, sealed off from sticky hands). I didnt even notice it was 360 at first until I saw the controller. I jsut assumed that some developer had managed to make a particularly good game.

I'm not impressed because the system has nothing going for it other than a higher poly count and maybe a few more effects. OH NOES IT CAN DO A BIT MORE, GRAPHICALLY SPEAKING. Who cares? Its the same thing the current generation is.

[center][/center]

(I should mention that I didnt come up with this gif, so credit goes to who ever I pirated it from.)

Posted by Klarth

That would be Linko.

[quote]Excellent, looks....slightly more favorable. Sometimes it's good to live in a pathetic looser hick town.
Bakersfield...? Pathetic loser hick town? Er.

Yeh i gotta say the Kiosk does Suck bc u cant get the full feature of the 360 but when i have mine at home it will be awesome

Quoted post: I'm not impressed because the system has nothing going for it other than a higher poly count and maybe a few more effects. OH NOES IT CAN DO A BIT MORE, GRAPHICALLY SPEAKING. Who cares? Its the same thing the current generation is.

Like it's always been?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Not true. The transition from SNES era to the previous one brought a lot more 3D.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Yeah but how? I mean sure it has the great backwards compatibility but both the PS3 and 360 have that. What makes the revolution so different? The Remote Controller idea? Because I don't really see anything other than the compatibility (Which trust me is the reason why i'll buy one)..

The controller.

I don't see what actually is the difference between consoles except for the games, controller, build quality, performance, etc.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Lord of Spam: Not true. The transition from SNES era to the previous one brought a lot more 3D.

Hardly.

And those games that were "3D" didn't necessarily let you free roam. It was in 3D but then limited your movement to left and right (racing games) and up and down (if it was an airplane one). It wasn't free roaming like it is now.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Lord of Spam: [center][/center]

(I should mention that I didnt come up with this gif, so credit goes to who ever I pirated it from.)

I foresaw this problem and remade it with a credit line, but I guess I was too late. Go ahead and replace yours, if you like.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Seems to me that games like Tomb Raider and Mario 64 were pretty 3d...

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, wtf is Pit talking about? 3D was the last great innovation gaming had.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Lord of Spam: Seems to me that games like Tomb Raider and Mario 64 were pretty 3d...

I thought you were talking about the SNES, as all SNES 3D games had limited movement, ho

Quoting SomebodyRandom: If I may add.. You may want to wait outside for sometime to get in the building to get a 360. Most places are going "First come First serve." Luckily I know security and they'll let me in a little early to purchase it. Sure it sucks for the customers but oh well. First come first serve and i'll be served first ^_^

Unfortunately I have to attend school on this day, and my friend who will be driving later is being a pussy, and doesn't want to ditch. So I'm out of luck as far as that goes, but I just found out that Best Buy locally is not doing pre-orders, and I know that they have 38 Fully Loaded and 12 Core units, so that should help.

Quoting Klarth: Bakersfield...? Pathetic loser hick town? Er.

I'll be going to Santa Maria, it's like 75 miles from Santa Barbara, and 75 from Bakersfield. The current population is like 89% extreme lower class latino, so I'm feeling confident.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Linko_16:

With the 'Oh, its the same, just more expensive' thing, that's not really true. THe new games a re newer, and probably better, the graphics are amny times more expensive, but it's still near the same price at launch, not many times more, and you can't say it's 'only got shooters, sports, racing games', because those are basically the only types of game on consoles, except for puzzle games, and nobody plays them. Also, the controller is the same, because most different control methods are unsuited to a wide variety of games, while being portable, and playable without a table. WHat you're saying, is, why not play for the rest of your life on a NES, and not get anything new?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=higbvuyb]With the 'Oh, its the same, just more expensive' thing, that's not really true. THe new games a re newer, and probably better, the graphics are amny times more expensive, but it's still near the same price at launch, not many times more, and you can't say it's 'only got shooters, sports, racing games', because those are basically the only types of game on consoles, except for puzzle games, and nobody plays them. Also, the controller is the same, because most different control methods are unsuited to a wide variety of games, while being portable, and playable without a table. WHat you're saying, is, why not play for the rest of your life on a NES, and not get anything new?

Wtf? I have one about 3 racers, maybe 2 shooters and zero sports games on my GC out of about 30. And I don't have 25 puzzlers either.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Rpgs and platformers, sup.

As for different controller types not working, have you seen the Rev controller?

Posted by higbvuyb

I forgot to mention it, but Linko forgot to mention that another type 'usual' game on the Xbox is the RPG.

And The GC is not the Xbox, Speedfreak.

And as for the Rev controller, that's Nintendo. They're different. They actually have innovation in games.

Quoting higbvuyb: They actually have innovation in games.

Posted by Random

Quoting higbvuyb: The controller.

I don't see what actually is the difference between consoles except for the games, controller, build quality, performance, etc.

But even that... You could play the 2D games with the remote. So it's basically a slim NES controller. Big deal? Then for 3d/shooter kind of games your supposed to be able to use a GC like controller? I don't see anything really innovative behind it now that I think about it. I mean sure I'll buy it but it's not really anything that hasn't been thought of i'm sure.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting SomebodyRandom: But even that... You could play the 2D games with the remote. So it's basically a slim NES controller. Big deal? Then for 3d/shooter kind of games your supposed to be able to use a GC like controller? I don't see anything really innovative behind it now that I think about it. I mean sure I'll buy it but it's not really anything that hasn't been thought of i'm sure.

May I ask, what the hell are you talking about?

Quoted post: Not true. The transition from SNES era to the previous one brought a lot more 3D.

The jump from 2D-3D was the laste great improvement. Why? because at that time, they were able to make such a jump. What do you expect now? 3D-VR or something? They can't make such a large improvement because technology won't allow it at the moment.

Other than that one jump, it's been pretty much the exact same, time after time. They may add a few more buttons, or attempt a few new things, but that's about it. The only reason previous generations may seem to be bigger improvements on the past is because there was less out there. So it was easier to make something new, something never before seen.

That's A LOT harder to do now. So this generation will have to be like most of the past. The same thing, just with more power.

Posted by Random

Quoting Burrito: May I ask, what the hell are you talking about?

Perhaps if you read our conversation on, we were talking about the Innovative idea behind the Revolution. And I was pointing out why I didn't think it was as innovative as everyone believes. Not that it'll be a bad system. Far from it, however I was pointing out that it was nothing probably already thought of.

Posted by nich

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Then for 3d/shooter kind of games your supposed to be able to use a GC like controller?

Nintendo is only giving people the option to use something more familliar to them. They are not saying you cant still use the remote/joystick combo to play said games.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=SomebodyRandom]Perhaps if you read our conversation on, we were talking about the Innovative idea behind the Revolution. And I was pointing out why I didn't think it was as innovative as everyone believes. Not that it'll be a bad system. Far from it, however I was pointing out that it was nothing probably already thought of.

It's innovative because it's new use of existing technology being applied to games in a way that's never been done before, which allows for much more intuitive control over existing game mechanics whilst at the same time allowing for whole new game mechanics. That is why it is innovative.

Posted by Random

Innovative yes, but i'm sure somewhere down the road others have thought of doing that.

Posted by Speedfreak

Just thinking of it doesn't mean shit. Nintendo are the first do actually do it.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Quoting Speedfreak: Just thinking of it doesn't mean shit. Nintendo are the first do actually do it.

**** straight.

I lost the "Befirsttoplay" contest. And there is no way I'm paying full price for the 360. Acctually, for the first time in 20 years of avid video game playing I'm pessimistic about each and every new consol.:(

Posted by Burrito

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Perhaps if you read our conversation on, we were talking about the Innovative idea behind the Revolution. And I was pointing out why I didn't think it was as innovative as everyone believes. Not that it'll be a bad system. Far from it, however I was pointing out that it was nothing probably already thought of.

No, I get that, but what do you mean you can play 2D games with the remote and it being a slim nes controller? What 2D games are you talking about. Also, "for 3d/shooter kind of games your supposed to be able to use a GC like controller?" Are you talking about the controller shell? It;s only really meant for 3rd party games.

Posted by Random

Quoting Burrito: No, I get that, but what do you mean you can play 2D games with the remote and it being a slim nes controller? What 2D games are you talking about. Also, "for 3d/shooter kind of games your supposed to be able to use a GC like controller?" Are you talking about the controller shell? It;s only really meant for 3rd party games.

Are you FRICKEN RETARDED? ANY 2D F***ING GAME THAT THE REVOLUTION COULD PLAY. IF YOU TURN THE CONTROLLER SIDEWAYS IT HAS THE NES STYLE SETUP ON THE F***ING REMOTE.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting higbvuyb: you can't say it's 'only got shooters, sports, racing games', because those are basically the only types of game on consoles, except for puzzle games, and nobody plays them.

I've seldom laughed harder. Kudos.

People can go around thinking that genres besides shooters, sports and racing don't exist, and yet they critisize Nintedo for seeking innovation?

i'm going up to Wal mart at 9 lol see if i can get me one which i prolly will b/c a lot of these idiots around here aren't showing up until 11 30 or 12 00.

Posted by Axis

I'll laugh my *** off when there's already a line and you don't get one.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Are you FRICKEN RETARDED? ANY 2D F***ING GAME THAT THE REVOLUTION COULD PLAY. IF YOU TURN THE CONTROLLER SIDEWAYS IT HAS THE NES STYLE SETUP ON THE F***ING REMOTE.

SO, WHY DOES THAT MATTER MR.CAPSLOCK? THE NES CONTROLLER DOESN'T SENSE MOTION OR HAVE ATTACHEMENTS!

yeah, you'll probably need to get there BEFORE the doors open.

Posted by nich

tomorrow, tommorow, it comes out, tomorrow. Thats only a day away.

Not even a day.

:chainsaw:

Quoting Axis: I'll laugh my *** off when there's already a line and you don't get one.

They aren't starting a line until 10 00... I called them.

oh and they aleady opened but no ones going up there untill 8 or 9 b/c like i said so they don't have freaks like me waiting around all day they aren't starting a line until 2 hours and 1 minute before it is released.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Mmm.... GOOD!!!: They aren't starting a line until 10 00... I called them.

My friends went there right after school and they said there's already a line.

Yeah... where does he live tho i live in mississippi... and i ve called all the wal marts around here and they said they arent starting a line until 10 00.
Which is logical so those of us who have jobs and such can also have a chance in getting one.
So, your friend is either lieing to you or My Wal-Mart is taking a diffirent approach.

Posted by Axis

You're wal-mart is taking a different approach then. I just called my friend has he says theres 12 people ahead of him.

awe... well they must be then i just called my wal mart and they said no one is up their waiting yet that they can tell.

Posted by Crazy K

Well As I was watching my local news they said that the nearby wal-mart had a huge line, but I knew that would happen. I just wish I had the money to get one.

None of the stores around me open at midnight :(

It would have been fun to go to one of those.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Mmm.... GOOD!!!]Yeah... where does he live tho i live in mississippi... and i ve called all the wal marts around here and they said they arent starting a line until 10 00.
Which is logical so those of us who have jobs and such can also have a chance in getting one.
So, your friend is either lieing to you or My Wal-Mart is taking a diffirent approach.

What do you mean "they aren't starting a line until 10 00"? You mean Wal-mart themselves are totally ignoring any lines that form before then and they'll start their own or that they think there won't be any lines until 10?

yeah, there's no real way to stop the fans from lining up. Even if they have to wait in the parking lots or accross the street, they'll still find a way to wait.

LOL nvrmind... my Dad preorder for a suprise for me and he said they called and i said i get 2nd shipment which is around Decmeber 1-5.