Create a VGC band.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Ok, The Judge's Dinner Party thread gave me this idea. If you could create a band out of VGC members, who would you have in it? What instrument would they play? What type of music (genre) of music would you play? Choose your record company if you want.. It doesn't matter if the people you pick can actually play the instrument. Anyway, you get the idea.

Posted by Pit

Scott on lead guitar, Vamp on keys, someone on drums, me on rhythm guitars (after like a lot of pratice \m/), and Gar on vocals I guess.

Posted by Prince Redon

I would have Linkman on the Kazoo, me on the Jugs, Stalolin beating on garbage cans, and coro singing...It would be lovely would it not?

Posted by netman

I'm thinking Chris, coro, rob, jack, matt, ant, judge, spam, scott, and gar, and we'd all sing

the VGC gay mens choir :cool:

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I'd take Vampy, MetalVox, Judge, Ant, Hyper, and Sabre, creating a rather roundabout, well-filled out group.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

netman would play guitar (electric) and lead sing, Sabredog would also play guitar too (acoustic and rhythm) and backup sing, coromoro would play keyboards, I'd play bass, and Dexter would play drums. Hyper, Neo, Alastor, Maian, and Angel Wing would also be in it. They can play all the symphonic stuff, except for Angel Wing, she'd sing too. :cool:

we'd play Progressive/Atmospheric metal, like Dream Theater, Ayreon, and Devin Townsend. :cool:

oh yes, netman would also play the balls.

Posted by Ant

I play a mean bongo

Posted by The Judge

I'd say Vampiro, Shin-ra, Pit, and Metalvox.

Oh wait, I mean those dudes on instruments with me as vocals, possibly heavy metal with violins and a harpsichord. Failing that, I'd prefer an all vocal ensemble of said people with myself.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I am in a vgc band, only we haven't done anything yet...let's do something guyz. :mad:

Anyways, it's James on guitar, Rob on bass, and me on keyboard/GPO etc. We'd all sing. :cool:

Posted by MetalVox~55

I would play guitar. I would have CJ on rhythm guitar or keys & backup vocals. I would have Angelwing on lead keys. I would have Irrevelent on drums. I would have Gar on lead vocals. I would have Kris on bass until he gets better at guitar, then he'd be my 2nd lead guitar so we could do cool harmonies.

I would have cody to get the band drinks and to run out and move the cables so they're not snagged on the floor monitors.

Posted by Ant

Maybe we could all sing "Crawling in my skin" by Linkin Park! Come on guys, let your feeling out with the power of music!

Posted by The Judge

I note to people that I play Piano, Trumpet, and I can sing in a fair amount of ranges.

Quoting Linkman: What the hell, I want in too! :mad:

I didn't know you played anything! What do you play? Or you wanna sing too. :-*

I think it's all ready been screwed.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Angelwing: I didn't know you played anything! What do you play? Or you wanna sing too. :-*

I play spoons

**** man, why didn't you say so before. You're in!

Posted by NegativeTrend

Sitar - Me
Bongos/Tabla/Percussion - Shalev Shimshon
Stand up bass - Fei-on
Glockenspiel - Xenos
Modual Organ of some type - Porcupine

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Ant: I play a mean bongo

You can join our band! But what would we call it?

I'd assume something to do with vegans. And lyfe. Possibly a 4 in there as well.

Posted by Prince Redon

...Vegans...Lyfe...4....Lyfe4Vegans!

Sounds to much like a cancer patient.

Posted by coromoro

I would be playing lead guitar and singing back-up vocals, Linkman would play rhythm guitar, netman would be the main singer, Angelwing would play the keyboard and would also sing, Sabredog would play bass, then some other person would play drums, but I don't know who. :cool:

We would play symphonic/progressive metal, or stuff like that. :)

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Well spoken.

[quote] away I go!!
Don't I wish....

I could take the time to refute your points, but your mind is made up, so I'd be wasting my time. You wont' be convinced of anything that you're not already sure of, therefore, you'll never attain any new knowledge. Your poor decision to make, not mine.

But, best of luck with that. Let me know if it works out for you.

Posted by netman

wait in board where flaming is allowed, a thread with flame posts were physically removed?

i see

Posted by Fate

Mild flaming, not gang-raping. :-*

Posted by The Judge

He can talk?
He can talk!
I CAN SIIIIIIIIIIING!
*Plays piano*

Dr. Seus Dr. Seus!

Posted by MetalVox~55

but it wasn't gang raping. Feion clearly made a statement which warrented reaction from the entire board. I don't think that removing X number of posts from this part of the forum was a good thing to do. >=\

Posted by Fate

He deleted his own posts in a ****ty attempt to save face, so I didn't see the need for his anus to bleed any longer. :(

Posted by The Judge

Though because of this everyone knows what happened if they missed it. :cool:

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting The Judge: He can talk?
He can talk!
I CAN SIIIIIIIIIIING!
*Plays piano*

Dr. Seus Dr. Seus!

this is an important post

Posted by coromoro

Quoting Fate: He deleted his own posts in a ****ty attempt to save face, so I didn't see the need for his anus to bleed any longer. :(

Would it not have been soft-deleted if he would have deleted his own post? :o

Posted by Xenos

22:30, 15th Nov 2005 Fei-on Post Re: Create a VGC band. by Fei-on Soft Deleted N/A 24.119.105.44
22:31, 15th Nov 2005 Fei-on Post Re: Create a VGC band. by Fei-on Soft Deleted N/A 24.119.105.44
22:31, 15th Nov 2005 Fei-on Post Re: Create a VGC band. by Fei-on Soft Deleted N/A 24.119.105.44
22:49, 15th Nov 2005 Fate Post Re: Create a VGC band. by Angelwing Removed N/A 67.23.209.0
22:49, 15th Nov 2005 Fate Post Re: Create a VGC band. by Vampiro Removed N/A 67.23.209.0
22:49, 15th Nov 2005 Fate Post Re: Create a VGC band. by Linkman Removed N/A 67.23.209.0
22:49, 15th Nov 2005 Fate Post Re: Create a VGC band. by Fei-on Removed N/A 67.23.209.0
22:49, 15th Nov 2005 Fate Post Re: Create a VGC band. by Fei-on Removed N/A 67.23.209.0
22:50, 15th Nov 2005 Fate Post Re: Create a VGC band. by Fei-on Removed N/A 67.23.209.0
22:50, 15th Nov 2005 Fate Post Re: Create a VGC band. by MetalVox~55 Removed N/A 67.23.209.0
22:50, 15th Nov 2005 Fate Post Re: Create a VGC band. by Fei-on Removed N/A 67.23.209.0
22:51, 15th Nov 2005 Fate Post Re: Create a VGC band. by The Judge Removed N/A 67.23.209.0
22:52, 15th Nov 2005 Fate Post Re: Create a VGC band. by Vampiro Removed N/A 67.23.209.0

I don't really give a **** about flaming, but it's just me because I like to watch other people have sex with each other. However, I guess if any of the mods see it as a problem, it's beyond my jurisdiction since I can't do anything about it if they are going to physically remove it later.

Posted by Fate

Yes, but other posts carried it on.

Oh, and don't hate me, Xenos.
:(

Posted by Prince Redon

VEGANS4LYFE!

amirite?

Posted by Ant

I don't know, Lyfe4Vegans is sounding pretty good right now. Come on guys, lets use the power of music to bring happiness and joy to others! YEAH!

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Ant: I don't know, Lyfe4Vegans is sounding pretty good right now. Come on guys, lets use the power of music to bring happiness and joy to others! YEAH!

Uhm...
...no. Sounds too much like a praise band.

Posted by netman

well once again the vegans crap up another thread

so who wants to join my black polka band? :cool:

Posted by Prince Redon

Or we could make ourselves look cool by beating others up with our instraments.

Posted by Ant

Non-Vegans only.

The believers shall be spared, for they have a true cause in life, and that is to save the animals and bring down our long hated enemy, plants. First we will tide over the masses with our happy lyrics and soon...soon they will be fooled into trusting vegans. That is when we will attack. Our animal friends will aide us in our crusade against all non-believers. Once our goal is accomplished, we will rise into the hands of Harrld and forever be in bliss.

All glory to Harrld.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: He deleted his own posts in a ****ty attempt to save face, so I didn't see the need for his anus to bleed any longer.

I put TIME into my post and YOU took it away :mad:

Shame on you.

Quoted post: so who wants to join my black polka band?

lol I'd do it.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting netman: I'm thinking Chris, coro, rob, jack, matt, ant, judge, spam, scott, and gar, and we'd all sing

the VGC gay mens choir :cool:

This is the only idea I like so far.

on the other hand LONGCAT WRYYYYYY MONEY GOLD GRUB IS THIS LOLI? STICK IT IN HER POOPER AAAAAAIIIIIIIRRRRR

Posted by Corrupt

I'd be the resident DJ, of course.

I don't know who would want me in their band, though. Probably wouldn't fit in well with all the "dark/doom/death/black/symphonic/orchestral/power/aluminum/etc" metal bands :(

Posted by Klarth

What about the industrial ones?

Posted by Corrupt

I suppose so.

Posted by Xenos

Quoting Fate: Yes, but other posts carried it on.

Oh, and don't hate me, Xenos.
:(

Nah. :(

Posted by Skitzo Control

Stinger, Flounder, S0ul, and I in a barbershop quartet, turning '80s hits into Doo-Wop songs. I get to be the base singer that does most of the back-up vocals, repeating everything they say.
"Boo bop, shooby woo... Boo bop, shooby woo...
Went to a party last Saturday night (Last Saturday night)
Didn't get laid, I got in a fight (got in a fight)
It aint no big thing (No big thing)"

If not, I'd like to bring back rock: the coke snorting, screaming, crazy-stage-antics rock, like AC/DC or The Who.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Me and corrupt on PC's loaded with Fruity loops.

MAD PHAT TECHNO YO

We just need someone to flick the lightswitches on and off while someone else raves. Volunteers?

Quoting MetalVox~55: but it wasn't gang raping. Feion clearly made a statement which warrented reaction from the entire board. I don't think that removing X number of posts from this part of the forum was a good thing to do. >=\

Yes, but you see, Fate's reasoning is different, and in the end, most people won't go against it.

Posted by Porcupine

Quoting The Judge: I CAN SIIIIIIIIIIING!

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, banana phone!

And if there's anyone in this thread that wasn't joking, I can play guitar/bass/keys (possible accordion if I find a good way of recording it) decently!

Posted by The Judge

Yeah, I was being serious too :(

Posted by Shade

Quoting Lord of Spam:
We just need someone to flick the lightswitches on and off while someone else raves. Volunteers?

I'm a pro lightswitcher.

Posted by The Judge

At least you're good at something.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Angelwing: Yes, but you see, Fate's reasoning is different, and in the end, most people won't go against it.

Are you trying to start something with me? It's not my fault.

Posted by The Judge

I believe a b[COLOR="White"]i[/COLOR]tch slap is in order here.

Posted by Linko_16

I'm a spankin' Bass, and not too shabby on the drum set. Someone include me, ****it. :mad:

EDIT - Bass vocalist, just to clarify. My older bro was an amazing Bass Guitarist, though.

Posted by Prince Redon

You could be in my band Linko...You could like run your finger over the glasses with water in them!...Yeah whatever you call that.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Shade: I'm a pro lightswitcher.

You're in.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Linko 16 Drums, Me lead guitar, chepito rythme guitar, and...who can play bass?:D

We will be called...."Left jesus-sandal" lol

Thats for you chepito :D You and your jesus sandals :D

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Porcupine]And if there's anyone in this thread that wasn't joking...I was dead serious. Doo-wop rocks.

Posted by Richaod

Give me two weeks (because I have exams now) to record some stuff on keyboards and then you'll all want me!11!one

For now, just imagine me playing [url=http://www.jordanrudess.com/midis/waterend.mid]this[/url]. Just not quite as well. :)

Posted by Klarth

Nobody wants you, sorry.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Why would they want you when they can have Vamp?

That's a pretty good question, I think.

Mm-hmm.

Indeed.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth: Nobody wants you, sorry.

You can play the... what?

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Richaod: Give me two weeks (because I have exams now) to record some stuff on keyboards and then you'll all want me!11!one

For now, just imagine me playing [url=http://www.jordanrudess.com/midis/waterend.mid]this[/url]. Just not quite as well. :)

[quote=Klarth]Nobody wants you, sorry.

Hey, look on the bright side Richoard. You can be our rhody :D

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Richaod: You can play the... what?

Now, I didn't state I could play anything now, did I?

Posted by Shin-Ra

As of yesterday I'm in a band doing rhythm guitar and back up harsh and clean vocals. What sucks is they have a cd release party the first week of December, leaving me only two weeks to learn all of their material for a live performance.

Quoting MetalVox~55: I would play guitar. I would have CJ on rhythm guitar or keys & backup vocals. I would have Angelwing on lead keys. I would have Irrevelent on drums. I would have Gar on lead vocals. I would have Kris on bass until he gets better at guitar, then he'd be my 2nd lead guitar so we could do cool harmonies.

There's my answer. I'd also get Angelwing to do some backing female vocals, as well.

And I've gotten really good at harsh vocals lately. REALLY good.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: rhody :D

...Roadie...

Quoting Shin-Ra: As of yesterday I'm in a band doing rhythm guitar and back up harsh and clean vocals. What sucks is they have a cd release party the first week of December, leaving me only two weeks to learn all of their material for a live performance.

Badass dude! And good luck with that. How many songs do you have to get down in the span of those two weeks?

Quoting Shin-Ra: There's my answer. I'd also get Angelwing to do some backing female vocals, as well.

And I've gotten really good at harsh vocals lately. REALLY good.

:)
and clips or it didn't happen

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting MetalVox~55:
Badass dude! And good luck with that. How many songs do you have to get down in the span of those two weeks?

Here's the situation, their old guitar player is going to jail for threatening to blow up their high school. On top of that he's on probation for burning down a church and attempting to slit a guy's throat. Needless to say, he's not in the band anymore. The band he was in is the one having the record release party, and since another friend of mine is taking up the position of lead guitar (and is much, much better than their original one) he's changing up just about all their guitar parts to make them more technical. Now, the now lead guitarist (not the one going to jail) was also in a band (called The Jones Project, after Jim Jones) with the bassist and they have a few songs.

The point of all that is, only two songs from the original band are being played because we all hate the music (the guitar player that's going to jail is the reason why none of us changed it) and on top of that we're going to play two or three songs from the Jones Project (which is what this band we're playing in will essentially become now that my friend and I have control), and we're planning to do a cover song (hopefully).

To put it simply for the tl;dr lovers in all of us, we have to fill a 45 minute set, make it look and sound badass, which means it must be perfect. I'm scared as hell.

But hey, it's going to be fun once we're done playing the original band's music because after that it'll never be played again. We're going to start completely over, use a plethora of vocalists (me, the lead singer, the bassist, and another guy), have great guitar work (like I said, the guy's amazing), great lyrics (by the lead vocalist and yours truly), and more than decent drumming. The bassist likes to play like he's in Primus though, I don't know what to make of that.

Posted by Aesthetic

Wow. You have a lot of work cut out for you, Garthing. You can do it, though. By the power of Samanthor, or Samathor, whichever's better. Good luck, anyway. And, of course, rawk on :rock:

About making a fake band, though, the thread stated that it doesn't matter whether or not the person can play said instrument - it's what you'd want. Meaning, if the people you'd want in a band could play anything, that's what'd happen. So it doesn't matter what you guys can actually do, unless you're planning on really getting together and forming a band. That being said, I'd have Lisa and Krystal singing with me, with Gar, Ruptian and Pit on instruments (the ones we weren't already playing, which would exclude the piano and whatever they would use). Talk about diversity.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Shin-Ra: The bassist likes to play like he's in Primus though, I don't know what to make of that.

Send him my way then :D

Posted by Momentum

Drums. I can play some flam fives and chut cheeses. Any takers?

Later

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth: Now, I didn't state I could play anything now, did I?

No, you didn't, because if you did state that you could play anything, you would have been lying. And if you pointed out quite directly that you didn't, you would have been completely and totally owned and any comparisons to me would automatically fail. End.

Shin-Ra: I thought you didn't have much... enthusiasm towards playing guitar.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'd probably start a Death band called "Cerebral Bypass" with Soul, Skitzo, Flounder, Irrelevant. Soul and Skitzo are in mainly for their long hair, which they'll swing around with guitars in their hands (don't worry... they'll be unplugged) as Flounder molests the crowd with any guttural bass riffs he can conjure. Irrelevant will punish your eardrums with his colossol blastbeats. And I, Daniel, will defile heaven itself with my axe!

Our album cover would probably look something like this:

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/stingerishere/cerebral.jpg[/IMG]

The back:

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/stingerishere/back.jpg[/IMG]

Lineup:

Daniel "Necropsy" - Guitar, Vocals
Ian "cerdo separado" - Hair, Guitar
Phil "Gandalf" - Hair, Guitar
John "vaginal wart" - Bass
Irrelevant "putrid" - Drums

Posted by Skitzo Control

Gandalf? I didn't know we were making references to Disney Movies!:oGrr, I hate Disney and all of those damn dwarves!

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Richaod:
Shin-Ra: I thought you didn't have much... enthusiasm towards playing guitar.

It's fun to play with other people and have creative input. Plus, I'm learning a lot right now which has curved my enthusiasm greatly. I don't know, I've never enjoyed playing anything all too much up until this point. It's kind of nice.

Posted by D.J Cat

Well, if anyone wants a DJ...

DJing trumpeting, metal like weird stuff would be cool.

Posted by The Prince of Persia

I don't know who would want me in their band, though. Probably wouldn't fit in well with all the "dark/doom/death/black/symphonic/orchestral/power/aluminum/etc" metal bands :(That sounds cool. If I had a band you would be in it based on taste of music you have, Corrupt.