the best emulator out there?

Posted by rudybaga2

where can i find the best SNES emulator with everysingle rom for the snes ever made...i currently have homebrew

Posted by Klarth

You're making no sense!

Posted by Crazy K

You could try Console Classix, It has NES and Atari that are all free, but if you want the SNES, and Sega versions you will have to pay.

Posted by Klarth

Or you could not do that because it's mother****ing DUMB.

[url]www.edgeemu.com[/url]

Although, I'm pretty sure he's talking about PSP stuff, because he said "homebrew" in his post, and that's the only way people like him would prolly hear that term.

Posted by rudybaga2

klarth.thats because i dont talk in pre school terms...i have homebrew for my computer(i have a translate)if you no what means. i have a dreamcast emulator for the ps1 but i can play them on my computer using a simple program that i found.

Posted by William

ZSNES is the best SNES emulator in my opinion, and it's what I use.

As for "every single ROM", you'll either have to download each one individually off of ROM sites, or go search something like Bearshare (a p2p program), and look for some zip file that says "900+ SNES ROMS".

Posted by Klarth

[quote=rudybaga2]klarth.thats because i dont talk in pre school terms...i have homebrew for my computer(i have a translate)if you no what means. i have a dreamcast emulator for the ps1 but i can play them on my computer using a simple program that i found.
..."Homebrew for your computer"? Hate to break it to you, but maybe 99.9% of all computer software out there is "homebrew", so the term's only used when you're running homemade software on a platform that isn't meant to support it.

And you don't have a Dreamcast emulator for PS1. It isn't possible, so hush.

Posted by William

[quote]And you don't have a Dreamcast emulator for PS1. It isn't possible, so hush.

The only thing I can think of that he's talking about is this:

[quote]One of the last products Bleem released was Bleemcast, an emulator for the Dreamcast which allowed owners of Sega's Dreamcast to play a few popular Playstation games on it. Unfortunately the Dreamcast was abandoned by it's creator, Sega, which left Bleemcast without a system to run on.

Posted by ZEN

SNES9x is a good one too, but I believe it requires installation to run (whereas zSNES is "stand-alone").

The best Super Nintendo emulator on a console is xSNES9x for the XBOX. It runs perfectly with the added bonus of getting to do it on a TV with that "console gaming" feel.

There's one for DreamCast too (DreamSNES). It's playable, but not quite satisfactory.

I'm not sure about compatibilty with "every SNES game ever made", but all the emulators mentioned so far seem to play all the games well to some degree (at least all the ones that really matter).

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Crazy K: You could try Console Classix, It has NES and Atari that are all free, but if you want the SNES, and Sega versions you will have to pay.

That's a great service, and legal too. I just recently upgraded to the full service today after months of having the free version.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting William: The only thing I can think of that he's talking about is this:

Ah... See, now, that'd put it the other way around, would'nt it? :P

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Big Boss]That's a great service, and legal too. I just recently upgraded to the full service today after months of having the free version.

Yeah I have not plays CC for a wile now. I dont think Ill upgrade to the full version, but who knows maybe my parents will allow me for once.

Posted by scylla

goto mininova.org and do a search for snes roms, have fun.